Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually 100% certain that an inexpensive pump would work just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Good. That seems pretty ridiculous for a shotgun. I have to take hunters safety too. Never even thought of that.

Expensive shotguns are just weird, haha they have their place, but no offense to you, a first time pheasant hunter is not one.

Hard to go wrong with an 870 express.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Expensive shotguns are just weird, haha they have their place, but no offense to you, a first time pheasant hunter is not one.

Hard to go wrong with an 870 express.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I love my 870 express, it's a really solid piece and is quite durable, and accurate for a shot gun lol, plus I'd use the extra cash for a handgun instead of spending a few grand on a shotgun

I love my 870 express, it's a really solid piece and is quite durable, and accurate for a shot gun lol, plus I'd use the extra cash for a handgun instead of spending a few grand on a shotgun

I like your thinking. An express and maybe a subcompact.

I like your thinking. An express and maybe a subcompact.

It's a good idea, spending $3000 for something that I wouldn't be competing with is kind of silly if you ask me

I'm going on a pheasant hunt later in the year. I need to get a shotgun. A buddy keeps telling me to buy a Browning Citori. I don't need a $2500 shotgun right? Will a pump work ok? What about a semi-auto?

I own a couple Citori's. They are very nice but not necessary for your needs IMO. Just get an appropriate choke and you will be fine.

FWIW the Citori's are not really necessary for my needs either but I inherited them and they have a ton of sentimental value so they aren't going anywhere.

So while I save up for a proper holster for the M&P, I found this one for half off ($10) at sprawlmart, it's light weight and cheap, it's a Blackhawk compact belt slide holster

y5etyqup.jpg

So while I save up for a proper holster for the M&P, I found this one for half off ($10) at sprawlmart, it's light weight and cheap, it's a Blackhawk compact belt slide holster
did you ever look into the g-code?

Lol. I just found this guy's youtube channel, tons of crazy guns

[video=youtube;3qehUdr-d4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qehUdr-d4A[/video]

Last edited:
Has he made any videos lately? The guy who supplied him most of those firearms was murdered, and then he got into some legal issues as well.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Has he made any videos lately? The guy who supplied him most of those firearms was murdered, and then he got into some legal issues as well.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Seriously? That's crazy!

So I am thinking of two upgrades that I want to do on my gun, getting some Trijicon Night sights, and the other an Apex DCAEK kit to bring the trigger pull from a 6.5 to a 5-5.5 lb trigger. What should I do first lol, the gunsmith at the store I bought it from talked me through what he could do with the trigger

If you are just looking to lighten the trigger pull and are happy with the travel, reset, and smoothness you should look into just the Apex hardened sear. It is a lot cheaper than the DCAEK and should lighten it to about what you are wanting. That being said, I hear the DCAEK is awesome.

If you are just looking to lighten the trigger pull and are happy with the travel, reset, and smoothness you should look into just the Apex hardened sear. It is a lot cheaper than the DCAEK and should lighten it to about what you are wanting. That being said, I hear the DCAEK is awesome.

I think I'll save up for the DCAEK kit, I heard it made the gun an even better gun hahah

I think I'll save up for the DCAEK kit, I heard it made the gun an even better gun hahah
I am absolutely sure it will...lol. Please post up after you do it and let me know how you like it. I have been thinking about doing one of the two.

I am absolutely sure it will...lol. Please post up after you do it and let me know how you like it. I have been thinking about doing one of the two.

I will definitely let you all know how it turns out, I was looking at the Trijicon night sights too, and I think both upgrades will cost the same to do

What do you all think?

I found one for $33 on cheaper than dirt, It's the safariland and I think I like it better than the blackhawk serpa

9926d1372870315-what-s-your-favorite-open-carry-gun-safariland-als-6378-paddle-holster.jpg

Seriously? That's crazy!

Yea, it happened right around January. FPS himself got in trouble, well actually ATF raided his house looking for explosives.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Guys, I'm getting used to owning a firearm. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be cool.

1) If you conceal carry, what do you do with your firearm when you get home? What about at night? Do you keep your firearm in arm's reach? In a safe/lockbox or out?
2) I've heard of holsters such as crossbreed, blackhawk... what kind of holster would you recommend/have you tried for an LC9/Shield sized firearm? I'd rather have the type that go inside your waste band so that a tucked in shirt still covers it.
3) I bought some ammo in a combo box - 100 rounds for the range, 20 for self defense. But I hear the brand may not be highly rated. Can I use HP rounds on the range to get rid of them?

Thanks for any help or recommendations!

Guys, I'm getting used to owning a firearm. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be cool.

1) If you conceal carry, what do you do with your firearm when you get home? What about at night? Do you keep your firearm in arm's reach? In a safe/lockbox or out?
2) I've heard of holsters such as crossbreed, blackhawk... what kind of holster would you recommend/have you tried for an LC9/Shield sized firearm? I'd rather have the type that go inside your waste band so that a tucked in shirt still covers it.
3) I bought some ammo in a combo box - 100 rounds for the range, 20 for self defense. But I hear the brand may not be highly rated. Can I use HP rounds on the range to get rid of them?

Thanks for any help or recommendations!

I have the Blackhawk serpa, and it's good but I can see how it can have problems, the release button can get dirty and get stuck, and I've heard of accidental discharges because associated with the holster (interesting lol)
I have been looking into the safariland holster and I am going to get it instead of the Blackhawk, amazon has it for $38 shipped. They are small enough that you can conceal them easily, but only an in pants would beat it. My friend Chris is a city cop, and he bought a safariland holster for his shield and loves it

I just put the gun back in my hard shell case in my drawer, with a loaded magazine next to it (not in the gun), I don't have kids though so that will change one day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back