Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully yes, depends on how the public responds.

Like I said in the second amendment thread, there are still some issues left on the table that might still cause people to go buy crazy. And with the AWB part out of the bill those are more likely to pass.

It's a complicated mess.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Yeah it's all a bunch of bull, how does regulating what we buy and what the manufacture provide affect the black market? Criminals are going to continue to buy their weapons illegally while we jump through hoops to keep ours. Perfect injustice

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

So new York has a hot line and has a standing $500 reward to any resident who turns in a resident who owns an illegal firearm or mag or whatever.

I think I'd be calling in and turning in come police officers and military bases so I could get some free money from stupid people.

Glad the focus is spend money on restricting people's rights instead of you know feeding the poor or something.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

So new York has a hot line and has a standing $500 reward to any resident who turns in a resident who owns an illegal firearm or mag or whatever.

I think I'd be calling in and turning in come police officers and military bases so I could get some free money from stupid people.

Glad the focus is spend money on restricting people's rights instead of you know feeding the poor or something.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

All I see this causing a bunch of breaking and entering charges for people are trying to find someone to make a buck (or 500) off of. Way to go, New York! #snitchesgetstitches

how on earth do they know if someone else has an "illegal" firearm?
and how are they gonna enforce it?
so they want ppl to nark on gang members which in turn will piss off gang members and basically make a bigger mess for everyone involved?
and also... whats to stop some anti from calling on a "legal" firearm owner?
where is the line and who is gonna draw the line?
soon theyll just confiscate all guns because there are so many illegal ones on the black market that you cant tell which is which

how on earth do they know if someone else has an "illegal" firearm?
and how are they gonna enforce it?
so they want ppl to nark on gang members which in turn will piss off gang members and basically make a bigger mess for everyone involved?
and also... whats to stop some anti from calling on a "legal" firearm owner?
where is the line and who is gonna draw the line?
soon theyll just confiscate all guns because there are so many illegal ones on the black market that you cant tell which is which

I would assume that someone calling in with a tip would be just cause for a search and seizure warrant, which would take cops off the street.

Seems smart to me, (sarcasm) doing a search and seizure could take hours.

That would change the plot of die hard 2 a bit.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I would assume that someone calling in with a tip would be just cause for a search and seizure warrant, which would take cops off the street.

Seems smart to me, (sarcasm) doing a search and seizure could take hours.

That would change the plot of die hard 2 a bit.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
with a vengeance hahaha

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Hahaha that's the best vengeance ever

I can't believe they are pushing that hard, remind me of the Salem witch trials in a sense

Discussing what a .50 cal will do to various things in my history in film class with friends. Having a sub is awesome.

Discussing what a .50 cal will do to various things in my history in film class with friends. Having a sub is awesome.

Lol. My brother In law was a .50 cal gunner for the 7th Cav and spent some time in Iraq protecting convoys, he said that the .50 cal would travel for miles so they had to be careful at what they shot lol. It's crazy

Crappy visit to the (gun) range

Crappy visit to the (gun) range

Ohh the parallels with a bad trip to the range for both golf and shooting...

I had the most frustrating day sighting in my 30-06 yesterday when I tried to quickly get it in done in about 40 minutes of range time. It took me just a few shots to get on paper at 100 yards, but then I adjust my sights and could not get back on the target. Instead I was still hitting high and left despite trying to move POI down and right. After about 15 rounds of this I was mad and still off 9" target and I moved the target back to 25 yards where I struggled getting consistent even there.

I'll chalk this up as a learning experience and next time do the following:

1. Start at 25 yards. My plan is to get roughly dead on there since most charts for 180gr 30-06 takes this out to 2" high at 100 and dead on at 200-225.
  2. Shoot less - I think I got a little tired/sore, flinchy and I wonder if I was heating up my barrel. I tried to squeeze in 20 rounds in less than 40 minutes. Next time I will do 3 shot groups and take a break before the next group.
  3. Bring a spotter. I really need to know how I'm missing as opposed to taking an educated guess if I am off paper.
  4. Get a better rest. My gun range has so-so benches with chairs. My long torso means I hunch down a bit too much to setup on the bench. Next time I'll bring some bigger bags and set up to where I am comfortable.

Any thoughts? Can my hot barrel have effected things and caused it to string up and away *if* I was getting inaccurate?

I'll try again this weekend if the NM Spring winds allow.

Yea, a hot barrel can do weird things especially with a thin sporter or hunting barrel.

It should take you maybe 4 shots to get sighted in. The easiest way to do its is with a rest like a dead sled. But you can do it fairly well if your a good shooter. Here's how I do it.

Strap down my rest so I know it doesn't move
Strap the gun into the rest
Aim center of target
Shoot
With the same point of aim adjust the scope so the cross hairs are now on the bullet hole
Shoot a group to verify.

With that said you depending on the rifle and ammunition out can be sighted in and still miss the target by a wide margin.

What rifle are you shooting?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

With that said you depending on the rifle and ammunition out can be sighted in and still miss the target by a wide margin.

What rifle are you shooting?

I didn't follow that first sentence quoted. The rifle is a 30-06 (savage) with an ok scope, an older Korean-made Bushnell.

Yea SwiftKey has been really messing with me.

Depending on rifle and ammunition, and shooter you can be dialed in and not shoot spot on.

I like using Federal Gold Medal Match ammunition to sight in, it is probably the most accurate mass manufactured ammunition you can buy.

I'd also check to see if the scope mounts are tight, Bushnell makes pretty good scopes.

Also if it's a bolt action (which it is unless you have some savage I've never heard of) you can remove the bolt and look down the barrel and that should get you on paper.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Guns....

Ohh the parallels with a bad trip to the range for both golf and shooting...

I had the most frustrating day sighting in my 30-06 yesterday when I tried to quickly get it in done in about 40 minutes of range time. It took me just a few shots to get on paper at 100 yards, but then I adjust my sights and could not get back on the target. Instead I was still hitting high and left despite trying to move POI down and right. After about 15 rounds of this I was mad and still off 9" target and I moved the target back to 25 yards where I struggled getting consistent even there.

I'll chalk this up as a learning experience and next time do the following:

1. Start at 25 yards. My plan is to get roughly dead on there since most charts for 180gr 30-06 takes this out to 2" high at 100 and dead on at 200-225.
  2. Shoot less - I think I got a little tired/sore, flinchy and I wonder if I was heating up my barrel. I tried to squeeze in 20 rounds in less than 40 minutes. Next time I will do 3 shot groups and take a break before the next group.
  3. Bring a spotter. I really need to know how I'm missing as opposed to taking an educated guess if I am off paper.
  4. Get a better rest. My gun range has so-so benches with chairs. My long torso means I hunch down a bit too much to setup on the bench. Next time I'll bring some bigger bags and set up to where I am comfortable.

Any thoughts? Can my hot barrel have effected things and caused it to string up and away *if* I was getting inaccurate?

I'll try again this weekend if the NM Spring winds allow.

I hear ya, those NM spring winds are killing me right now lol.

i got an email saying my upper is on the way... hopefully it comes with a bcg and charging handle

excuse the crappy pic... my phone doesnt have a flash
also excuse the dirt lol
lowerjpeg.jpg

excuse the crappy pic... my phone doesnt have a flash
also excuse the dirt lol
lowerjpeg.jpg

Dude that looks fantastic, I love the magpul accents.

When are you getting the upper reciever

Dude that looks fantastic, I love the magpul accents.

When are you getting the upper reciever

hopefully by next friday ill have the complete upper

magpul furniture for the win!

im also building a spikes tactical after my friend buys this psa stripped lower off of me

Frankly, I'd keep the PSA and sell the Spike's.

From my personal experience, you'd be less likely to find any quality control issues on a PSA lower as opposed to a Spike's. There's only like four companies that make forged lowers, and the individual manufacturers do the finishing work. Just like your chances of getting blemishes or holes that drilled a little wonky are slim to none on lowers from the likes of DD, BCM or Noveske; you'd be less likely to find those errors on a PSA as opposed to a Spike's lower. I've honestly never been entirely impressed by Spike's products.

Russ, looks like you'll be keeping your lower by itself for at least 10 years, if The devil's spawn Feinstein passes her bill.

Lol if the zombies come, at least you'll have half of the gun, and only have to find the upper receiver haha

Oh and The Walking Dead is not about Zombies

lol what?

Well if the assault weapons ban is passed, then your gun will be illegal lol, but you can always keep the lower for later haha

Well if the assault weapons ban is passed, then your gun will be illegal lol, but you can always keep the lower for later haha

my upper is on the way... *cross my fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back