Status
Not open for further replies.
My local shop finally got some of the Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport in. I got the 22lr last November and loved it so much I decided I wanted their .223 without breaking the bank and the Sport has gotten rave reviews. Owner even gave me an extra discount because I sold him his carpet for his new shop an hour away. That is on top of their already amazing prices, I'm paying $200 less than I've seen them anywhere else.

My local shop finally got some of the Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport in. I got the 22lr last November and loved it so much I decided I wanted their .223 without breaking the bank and the Sport has gotten rave reviews. Owner even gave me an extra discount because I sold him his carpet for his new shop an hour away. That is on top of their already amazing prices, I'm paying $200 less than I've seen them anywhere else.

Thats freaking awesome but we need pics or it didn't happen! I am still scouting my local shop to try to find that exact gun. Also trying to find an SR1911 but both are harder to find than an honest politician.

I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up tomorrow AM! Work schedule and their hours doesn't allow me to get to the shop any time they are open on than Thursday mornings or Saturday afternoons.

I'll post pics as soon as I pick it up tomorrow AM! Work schedule and their hours doesn't allow me to get to the shop any time they are open on than Thursday mornings or Saturday afternoons.

in that case see if he will sell you two! lol

Guns....

ammo is still hard to come by unless you wanna spend $5 more a box at the gun store... they have tons of over priced ammo
walmart had a decent shipment the other day but nothing i wanted except 556
they had expensive 22lr shotshell that nobody is buying

Dang man, big 5 and dicks has had a Ton of .223 ad 5.56 for about $10-15 a box, and .22LR for $5-6 a box and $20 for the 300+ box and we get it every week

Dang man, big 5 and dicks has had a Ton of .223 ad 5.56 for about $10-15 a box, and .22LR for $5-6 a box and $20 for the 300+ box and we get it every week

We're still pretty light on ammo out here. Seems we can get .223or 5.56 but it's the cheaper metal casing stuff. I reload so I have no interest in that stuff. Haven't seen much 9mm but I've stayed well stocked on that. .40 S&W is available but expensive. I started reloading .40 and it's time consuming but I enjoy it. I'm putting them together for about $.20 a round. 22lr is still tough. I happened through the gun shop one day and they had 10 boxes of 525 Remington 22s. I only bought a one box but it's the first time I've been able to buy 500 rounds or more since January.

i havent swung by dicks in awhile... i might have to take a trip to check them out
last time i went i bought out all their 223 but the only other thing they had there was shot gun ammo
they have so much shotgun ammo that they dont even put it in a cabinet or behind the register lol

Ammo is not where it should be, but it's not where it was 3-4 months ago. I am seeing plenty of .40, 5.56/.223, .22lr and decent amount of .45, 9mm is still tough but it's coming up. Prices are also going down.

Every week i am able to add 100-200 mixed rounds of .45, 308 and 5.56 with out breaking the bank

5.56/.223 is still hard to come by around here. Some pretty large shipments have came in, but it's not lasting long. .22lr is still all but non-existent around here. If Walmart has been getting any in, I haven't heard about it.
My dad was able to get a brick from the local gun shop, but they have a one brick limit and a rather extensive waiting list.

Very nice! I am looking for the full sized SR1911 though. The commander looks real good though...ponder...

for me the 4.25 vs 5 inch length helps some when i carry, and the Commander for me feels better balanced, i am seeing plenty of for both at Gander mountain here near me, for 799.00

for me the 4.25 vs 5 inch length helps some when i carry, and the Commander for me feels better balanced, i am seeing plenty of for both at Gander mountain here near me, for 799.00

Fortunately I am not going to carry the SR1911 but I could see the balance aspect. I have an M&P9c and LCR 38 that I alternate carrying. The SR1911 will reside in the safe when not in use so the extra 3/4" will not be an issue, lol.

$799 is crazy for this gun. I have actually seen worse here but am holding off until i can find someone willing to part with theirs or until my loca shop gets one in. They sell them for $639 and they had one about a month ago but I didnt have funds. I am watching them like a hawk now though since I have the money ready to go, lol.

Fortunately I am not going to carry the SR1911 but I could see the balance aspect. I have an M&P9c and LCR 38 that I alternate carrying. The SR1911 will reside in the safe when not in use so the extra 3/4" will not be an issue, lol.

$799 is crazy for this gun. I have actually seen worse here but am holding off until i can find someone willing to part with theirs or until my loca shop gets one in. They sell them for $639 and they had one about a month ago but I didnt have funds. I am watching them like a hawk now though since I have the money ready to go, lol.

i carried the MP9c, or MP357c for a few years, and still have them in my carry rotation, these days my M&P Shield gets about 80% of my carry duties.

i carried the MP9c, or MP357c for a few years, and still have them in my carry rotation, these days my M&P Shield gets about 80% of my carry duties.

A buddy of mine has a shield. They are basically impossible to find around here in 9mm especially. I was able to shoot his and they are very nice guns.

here is a 22rimfire project I have been working on.
Stiller Lonestar action, Shilen barrel, Don Stith Stock.
stillerlonestar40x_threadingpractice1-M.jpg

BR_Stith1-M.jpg

it is close to being finished. Then Golf got in the way :) (no, that's not a barrel in top pic..just a practice threading )

Picked up the S&W M&P 15 Sport this morning! Haven't seen it anywhere else for under $800 and I got it for a lovely $649

IMAG0615_zps2afdc66a.jpg

Picked up the S&W M&P 15 Sport this morning! Haven't seen it anywhere else for under $800 and I got it for a lovely $649

IMAG0615_zps2afdc66a.jpg

#drool

here is a 22rimfire project I have been working on.
Stiller Lonestar action, Shilen barrel, Don Stith Stock.
stillerlonestar40x_threadingpractice1-M.jpg

BR_Stith1-M.jpg

it is close to being finished. Then Golf got in the way :) (no, that's not a barrel in top pic..just a practice threading )

That's a gorgeous stock! I hope you'll post up a few completed pics when you're through.

IMAG0615_zps2afdc66a.jpg

What are the specs on that thing man? It looks great

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thinking of stripping my AR and painting it.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

went to a brand new gun store today... didnt have anything i wanted but it was pretty cool to see a brand new store

Yea, probably cerakote.

I have some autobody friends that could do it to I guess.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk
i was gonna bring my putter to an autobody shop to ghost it out... wonder what they would charge for a firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back