Status
Not open for further replies.
did you get in on that magpul airlift or whatever they called it?
how on earth are politicians passing laws like that? i thought colorado was a gun friendly state
they even recalled a couple of politicians that were gun grabbers didnt they?
how can they repeal those laws? i know a bunch of gun companies in colorado were/are trying... magpul being one of them

If you play on the emotions of people you can do a lot. Statistically this will be insignificant at best.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

If you play on the emotions of people you can do a lot. Statistically this will be insignificant at best.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk
make worthless laws to further political agendas
if only every law abiding gun owner would be politically active... then laws like this wouldnt even be considered

They can be kept but can no longer be sold or obtained legally anymore. Basically all magazines with a removable base plate, which is by far the majority of magazines, are essentially illegal after Monday.

Geeze, how can a removable base plate make a magazine more dangerous, what is up with all of these stupid anti gun terms such as bulkier button? Do they think pressing a bullet button will make the gun instantly have unlimited ammo or something? Lol they must be running out of ideas

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Finally gonna get to the range with the new S&W M&P Sport today! I've had it over a week and I've just been staring at it waiting to shoot it! Rain will keep me from golfing today, so I'm heading to one range instead of the other!

Finally gonna get to the range with the new S&W M&P Sport today! I've had it over a week and I've just been staring at it waiting to shoot it! Rain will keep me from golfing today, so I'm heading to one range instead of the other!

Take pictures and videos man! Are you going to upgrade anything on it?

I definitely want to get a scope, I'm sure I will add more to it later but I've never really shopped that much for accessories because I wasn't going to put $200-$300 accessories on my $450 22lr AR. Even for the great price on this gun it can compete with some better ARs out there so I will definitely invest in some extra accessories.

Hey guys. Are 25 mm pistols like this one
stock-photo-4391627-gun-25mm.jpg
good for self defence, or do you need something bigger?

I bought one of those for my wife a few years ago. I later read a few articles about the 25 caliber round not being much of a "stopper" at all. According to the article, it has been known to literally bounce of a breast bone, causing some pain and shock to the target, but that is it. Of course if you hit soft tissue, it will penetrate. It was recommended to go with a 22 caliber pistol over the 25 cal due to the faster bullet. I'm no expert, so I would defer to one of them.

I definitely want to get a scope, I'm sure I will add more to it later but I've never really shopped that much for accessories because I wasn't going to put $200-$300 accessories on my $450 22lr AR. Even for the great price on this gun it can compete with some better ARs out there so I will definitely invest in some extra accessories.

I only paid $20 for my magpul grip, it's a good option if you want a new pistol grip

penype6y.jpg

I bought one of those for my wife a few years ago. I later read a few articles about the 25 caliber round not being much of a "stopper" at all. According to the article, it has been known to literally bounce of a breast bone, causing some pain and shock to the target, but that is it. Of course if you hit soft tissue, it will penetrate. It was recommended to go with a 22 caliber pistol over the 25 cal due to the faster bullet. I'm no expert, so I would defer to one of them.

Thanks, but after reading that. I would aim for the head with the 25 cal.

Geeze, how can a removable base plate make a magazine more dangerous, what is up with all of these stupid anti gun terms such as bulkier button? Do they think pressing a bullet button will make the gun instantly have unlimited ammo or something? Lol they must be running out of ideas

Here's the genius of one of the politicians (Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette) who pushed the gun laws through...

At an April 2 forum on gun control that was hosted by
The Denver Post, "the senior congresswoman from Denver appeared to not understand how guns work," the paper said.

When she was asked how a ban on magazines holding more than 15 bullets would be an effective deterrent to gun violence, this is what the brainiac said:

"I will tell you these are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those know they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available."

Here's the genius of one of the politicians (Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette) who pushed the gun laws through...

The Denver Post, "the senior congresswoman from Denver appeared to not understand how guns work," the paper said.

When she was asked how a ban on magazines holding more than 15 bullets would be an effective deterrent to gun violence, this is what the brainiac said:

"I will tell you these are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those know they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available."

My 8 year old nephew knows more about guns than this lady does, and he would give a better response too haha, such stupidity and ignorance.

i still dont get how ppl like this get voted into office

Anythings better then nothing.

Yes and no. Quite frankly it's a pistol and any pistol caliber used for self defense most likely won't stop people on the first hit.

Thanks, but after reading that. I would aim for the head with the 25 cal.
No, that is the opposite of what you want, think of a situation where someone is attacking you, rushing you, your moving they're moving you heart is racing and your scared, you think you can hit someone in the head?

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I just discovered a new shotgun I'd never seen/heard of before.

I want one. BaD.

VEPR 12

oh my

/random post of the day

A 25 is better than a sharp stick. The only place smaller calibers aren't deadly is on the Internet.

I have:
Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 acp
Bursa Thunder Ultra Compact Pro .45 acp
Savage .308 hunting rifle
Ruger 10/22

Haven't been able to shoot much with the ammo shortage around wichita. Been looking for .45 every time I go out but no one ever has any.

This was given to me by one of my clients. I couldn't get the right lighting when taking a photo so this is a sample image.
I love it, as it's unfired and a news paper clipping in the commemorative hardwood box about the raising of the USS Texas.
CustomPistolStand.jpg~original

The 1911 is my favorite pistol. Simple design and it always works. That one is a amazing example of a nice 1911.

The 1911 is my favorite pistol. Simple design and it always works. That one is a amazing example of a nice 1911.

Agreed. There is a reason they have been around so long, and that the design has been widely copied.

My only issue with them (if I were to nitpick) is the lack of decocker. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

These showed up today! I'm not sure how many pmags I have now. Maybe 30 or so. Lol. Got these for 10 bucks a piece. Ordered in December.
hegasepu.jpg

These showed up today! I'm not sure how many pmags I have now. Maybe 30 or so. Lol. Got these for 10 bucks a piece. Ordered in December.
hegasepu.jpg

I didn't think I could get enough, but I have well over 30 now. They just kept coming in as my backorder got filled. I really would like to get rid of them. Heck. I have more clip space than I have bullets.

The old joke I've heard about the .25 is: If you get in a situation where you have to shoot someone with a .25, when he figures out you shot him a few hours later, he's going to be pretty pissed.

Seriously though, the .25 meets the first rule of a gunfight (have a gun) but I wouldn't want to count on it in a hairy situation. .380 is the smallest I'd go for something defensive in nature. A lot of people would up that to 9mm or .40 as a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back