Status
Not open for further replies.
no no your right but in afghanistan its completely different they dont come to get their wounded they leave em there so its purpose is already defeated by the tactics they use mind you while the wounded are on the ground they still shoot at us
Dirt bags....

tell me about it we play all nice and they do whatever they want to
I've got a buddy who's a marine. He say two in the chest and one to the head makes a nice pink spray. He's a little twisted. LOL. Anyway thank you for your service to our fine country!! I have the greatest respect.

Used firearms are a great way to save some money but now day's they are holding their value so well that you may not be getting as good of a deal as you might think. Be sure to shop around first and don't assume that because it's used your getting a good deal.

First buy from someone you trust or will stand behind the firearm if there are problems. If it's a retailer, ask them if you have problems after shooting if they will fix it. Check for wear on the grips and slide from hosted wear; check sights to make sure they are not way off and if night sights check how well they still glow by covering with one hand and looking at them; try to get permission to disassemble it, or have the salesman take it apart so you can look at the barrel and feed ramp; look for any damage or bulging to the barrel. Check for play in the slide to frame tightness, and ask if you can dry fire it; you want to check the trigger and action for smoothness it is and verify the safety works if it has one and that the slide release functions properly. You generally want to look for heavy wear from metal rubbing and finish wearing.

Most everything can be worked on if there are issues but most modern firearms are built to last lifetimes.
thanks for the reply bhilln... just like anything used... watch for wear and tear
I am open to selling my AR 15, but don't really know much about them (bought it from a friend just because and don't really ever shoot it). What variables impact price and what's an easy way to estimate value (it's a DPMS)?
ill take it off your hands if the price is right... details?

My brother in law bought a nice .45 used for $60 In Lubbock the day after he got out if the army, it's a pretty decent gun, we've shot a few hundred rounds through it since November with out any problems, I guess there is a store somewhere in Lubbock where the owner sells used firearms For cheap, couldn't pass up $60, Texas FTW

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

My brother in law bought a nice .45 used for $60 In Lubbock the day after he got out if the army, it's a pretty decent gun, we've shot a few hundred rounds through it since November with out any problems, I guess there is a store somewhere in Lubbock where the owner sells used firearms For cheap, couldn't pass up $60, Texas FTW

Tapatalk on iPhone 5
man i need some of that action... $60 is way affordable
what are the laws on someone from another state buy a gun for someone else in a diff state... probably not too legal hahaha

man i need some of that action... $60 is way affordable
what are the laws on someone from another state buy a gun for someone else in a diff state... probably not too legal hahaha
It's legal.. They just have to ship it to a FFL dealer in your state. You do all the paper work in your state. It's. no big deal at all.

It's legal.. They just have to ship it to a FFL dealer in your state. You do all the paper work in your state. It's. no big deal at all.

What he said, I believe it's legal for me to buy in Texas.

Oh by the way, I heard Dicks dropped their AR style models sad sad day

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

There are two parts to this question. As others mentioned, across state lines is legal when done through FFL's. But buying for another person is another story - no straw purchases allowed (but gifts are allowed, I assume, though not sure how that differs from the straw purchase).

There are two parts to this question. As others mentioned, across state lines is legal when done through FFL's. But buying for another person is another story - no straw purchases allowed (but gifts are allowed, I assume, though not sure how that differs from the straw purchase).

Does it have to be declared a gift lol, well from. What I understand a parent can gift a firearm for their child without any problems no?

But I could see how a gift could be a straw purchase

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Does it have to be declared a gift lol, well from. What I understand a parent can gift a firearm for their child without any problems no?

But I could see how a gift could be a straw purchase

Tapatalk on iPhone 5
Some years ago I bought my wife a gun as a present, said so at the gun shop at point of purchase and was told gifts were okay. But I honestly don't understand where the line between gift and straw purchases is drawn.

Isn't only "considered" illegal if criminal acts are performed with said weapon or if it's a purchase for someone who can't legally buy a firearm such as a felon or foreign national, I too don't know where that line is drawn

Tapatalk on iPhone 5

Straw purchase = Johnny is unable to legally purchase firearms due to a number of school behavioral problems when he was little and running afoul of the law when he was 22. Johnny gives his brother Timmy $200 and asks him to buy a gun for him. Timmy purchases the gun and fills out the paperwork in his own name, stating that he is purchasing the firearm for himself.

Gift = James takes his 14 year old son to Cabelas to look for his first rifle, a Ruger 10/22. James purchases the rifle with his own money and gives it to his son as a reward for completing Hunter Safety.

Blurry line in between which should be corrected: James's son wants to buy his first rifle with money he made cutting grass over the summer. Technically he cannot buy the firearm himself, nor can he give the money to his father to have him purchase it legally.

Straw purchase = Johnny is unable to legally purchase firearms due to a number of school behavioral problems when he was little and running afoul of the law when he was 22. Johnny gives his brother Timmy $200 and asks him to buy a gun for him. Timmy purchases the gun and fills out the paperwork in his own name, stating that he is purchasing the firearm for himself.

Gift = James takes his 14 year old son to Cabelas to look for his first rifle, a Ruger 10/22. James purchases the rifle with his own money and gives it to his son as a reward for completing Hunter Safety.

Blurry line in between which should be corrected: James's son wants to buy his first rifle with money he made cutting grass over the summer. Technically he cannot buy the firearm himself, nor can he give the money to his father to have him purchase it legally.
Yeah that's a bit blurry.. Understandable but blurry.

All I can say is that I should have bought a few pmags earlier this year. :banghead:

Same here. I thought 3 total would have been fine for me and I now wish I had bought 2 or 3 more. I guess this means I will baby them and keep one out of rotation as a backup.

I have always been a guy that i try to have 8-10 mags for each of my guns, but for my AR's i went ahead and got 20 to start, and have since in the last year added another 20+, i like a mix of PMags and good solid GI metal mags.

Both of my handguns carry 10 rounds or less. I have a Glock 29SF and a 1911. So no need to get extra mags. Also, I have about 100 JHP self defense rounds for each. So I really need to get more of those. I also do reload already. I have lots of brass but need to get more primers and powder. I also want to try to do my own casting for bullets.

then you are ahead of the game, i went ahead and put in orders for about 300+ rounds of each caliber i use, 9mm, .40, and .357sig

I also went for bullets, powder, brass and primers because two of my best friends reload and are willing to teach me and let me use their equipment.

I have always been a guy that i try to have 8-10 mags for each of my guns, but for my AR's i went ahead and got 20 to start, and have since in the last year added another 20+, i like a mix of PMags and good solid GI metal mags.

I love the pmags, I they are quite durable. I use the mag assist for my metal mags, way cheaper haha. Magpul FTW

Oh to answer an earlier question, why do I need so many mags?

Walking dead...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357178897.923932.jpg

I threw this cabinet up in my shop over the weekend. Ammo for both of my horrible habits

I love the pmags, I they are quite durable. I use the mag assist for my metal mags, way cheaper haha. Magpul FTW

Oh to answer an earlier question, why do I need so many mags?

Walking dead...

Pmags have held up for the most part in my classes, but i had had one that the feed lip cracked, it happens, i have a mix because the old style metal mags with magpul anti-tilt followers have not let me down either

View attachment 6996

I threw this cabinet up in my shop over the weekend. Ammo for both of my horrible habits

Very nice, planed to do a few of those in my garage in the next month or so.

Pmags have held up for the most part in my classes, but i had had one that the feed lip cracked, it happens, i have a mix because the old style metal mags with magpul anti-tilt followers have not let me down either

Very nice, planed to do a few of those in my garage in the next month or so.

Yeah, plus traditional mags are way cheaper sometimes haha.

I have never tried the anti tilt follower, that should be lots of fun.

I want to get some magpul ranger plates and anti tilt follower for my next mags better buy them before they run out lol, non of my stores have any AR stuff anymore

Ammo has gone crazy!!! Haven't shot my PPQ or 590A1 yet (have some ammo for the Mossberg).

Walmart is completely out of 9mm and don't know when they are gonna get any. MidwayUSA isn't even taking back orders. What I have found looks like it has gone up 70%-80%.

Ammo has gone crazy!!! Haven't shot my PPQ or 590A1 yet (have some ammo for the Mossberg).

Walmart is completely out of 9mm and don't know when they are gonna get any. MidwayUSA isn't even taking back orders. What I have found looks like it has gone up 70%-80%.

I agree. Everytime i go to walmart i pick up some 9mm or .40 but a couple of times they've been sold out. It's pretty much impossible to get .223 in our area. I ordered 1000 rounds from Cabelas. It may come in 6-8 weeks. I'm frustrated because i'm not saving ammo for the end of the world. I like to go out and shoot. The past weekend we went shooting but i never pulled ou the AR because i only have 250 rounds left.

I bought 4 guns in the last 6 months. Now i'm going to work on ammo for the next 6 months at least.

I agree. Everytime i go to walmart i pick up some 9mm or .40 but a couple of times they've been sold out. It's pretty much impossible to get .223 in our area. I ordered 1000 rounds from Cabelas. It may come in 6-8 weeks. I'm frustrated because i'm not saving ammo for the end of the world. I like to go out and shoot. The past weekend we went shooting but i never pulled ou the AR because i only have 250 rounds left.

I bought 4 guns in the last 6 months. Now i'm going to work on ammo for the next 6 months at least.

Yes it's a shame really, the media thinks of those like us as this underground click, or secret society , but fact is USA has 70,000,000+ people that own at least one gun.

Anyone that has been reading this thread and shares the same interest really needs to do their part, join the NRA, or a local group that works towards upholding the 2nd amendment.

Here's something for anyone who is going to a gunshop in the next little while.
a.) could you check to see if they have a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle as a point of interest.
b.) ask how often the store gets shipments from Ruger

Here in Canada, these rifles are as rare as rocking horse droppings it seems because Ruger can't keep up with the production, and also because Ruger barely services Canada. We apparently only get one shipment per year from Ruger for all of the country. Seems like good customer service right?

Here's something for anyone who is going to a gunshop in the next little while.
a.) could you check to see if they have a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle as a point of interest.
b.) ask how often the store gets shipments from Ruger

Here in Canada, these rifles are as rare as rocking horse droppings it seems because Ruger can't keep up with the production, and also because Ruger barely services Canada. We apparently only get one shipment per year from Ruger for all of the country. Seems like good customer service right?

not so much poor service, just from the little reading i have done Canada makes it pretty tough for US companies to ship in parts and gun.

seems in the last year that may be changing some, and for the better

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/42001-where-can-canadian-get-some-parts.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back