Happy with your Bag?

My bag is fine although the Sun Mountain Four 5 is always calling my name.
My irons and hybrids are less than a week old so they are safe
My driver might get replaced by the Cleveland Black in 12.5* depending on the street price
My 42 Niblick might get a vacation and its hole filled with a 3 FW or a A12OS 2h or 3h
The wedges ...lets see how the 588's feel when they hit the shops.
and unless Bridgestone completely changes the e6 I will be playing them as long as I can get them :)

my bag wont be changing until after the Outing, right now I really like my set up.

I like my Sun Mountain Bag...
I love my Driver.
I love my Putter.
I love my wedges.
I hate my irons... fortunately, my wife said she will buy me new irons (or part of a new set) after I receive my Master's in May. :)

I really like my setup right now. It will change, but it's a nice group of clubs.

I good with my current setup, I just need a new bag itself.

My setup will change, but really happy with my actual bag. Sun Mountain Four5 is an excellent bag. Just walked 14 holes today. Very comfortable straps.

Lol... never. My bag's in a perpetual state of change. That's what you get when you like equipment as much as the game itself, I guess.

Lol... never. My bag's in a perpetual state of change. That's what you get when you like equipment as much as the game itself, I guess.

Indeed. When I'm no longer interesting swapping equipment due to the neat advances and science I will no longer have anything to do with golf. The science of equipment is just as good as playing. I should have been a engineer in the field or something.

In the meantime I'm on a large hunt to round out what I really want stiff. Miles of shafts to go before I sleep or something like that.

The actual clubs in my bag aren't going anywhere for a while. The only real change I will consider in the near future is going to the new Cleveland 588 wedges when they come out.

Now when you talk about shafts in the driver and 3-wood, that's another story. I've got a new driver shaft coming to my place any day now, will be testing that out over the next few weeks. If that switch goes well, I'll look for the same model to go into my 3-wood.

I just received my new Ogio Sultan Cart bag yesterday so it is good to go for a while. As far as clubs, I am replacing the 5W with the Adams 3H to match the a12OS set that I am currently testing. Other than that everything is pretty much safe until the spring outing.....well maybe I will be looking at the Cleveland Black driver when it is released.

Happy as hell. This driver is the real deal, a 9064LS in disguise. Little more face area from heel to toe and 1/2* more loft. Pulled the 44g shaft and put a SAGA R tipped 1/2" in it and WOW! The Wishon 919 SAGA ain't goin' anywhere, but this one here is a keeper.....for now.

IMG_3409Medium.jpg

IMG_3410Medium.jpg

IMG_3412Medium.jpg

IMG_3413Medium.jpg

IMG_3414Medium.jpg

IMG_3411Medium.jpg

I love my j36 irons so they will be around for a while. Unless I were to change out the 8,9,P for the blade style or the 3,4 for the pocket cavity. My older macgregor driver came with the bag that I bought on craigslist for $45 so I am shopping for a new driver!! Otherwise, i'm just ok. After the driver I will investigate adding a 3w. Then will reevaluate my wedge setup. I don't think my mizunos are ideal for me but I should improve my game a little before seriously searching for upgrades there. I like my white hot xg 1 putter, if i were to change it, I would only change it for a different finish, i think the white ice is pretty. The bag is safe unless I start walking more courses

Satisfied with the Machspeed, giving me pretty good distance and accuracy is there. I hate my old, old 5w, which is why I'm on the market for a new 3w. Regretting not having a 3 hybrid, also on the market for one of those. I love my irons, but I am beginning to think it's time to get new ones (next year maybe), since they are sort of inhibiting my ability to work the ball and/or get good spin. I do like the amazing forgiveness though. I'm in love with my Vokeys and my Gambler, seeing those in the bag for a long ​time.

Been playing this game for 5 decades and have long stretches where I never changed a club.The longest was 18 years playing the same clubs and it would have been longer if they were not stolen from the garage. The second set I every owned was untouched for about 7 years and then I started going to golf forums in the 90's and oh my did my bag start to change like the leaves in the fall. I don't think I have had a bag be set for longer than 6-7 months since then. Of course I play year round so that makes it even harder. I even got into the business of building clubs just to be able to have Brown stop by the house every week with new clubs and components. It was like Christmas every week. But all good things must come to an end. Now I just buy a few clubs a year and build some for myself and my wife. Of course I still swap shafts around in the clubs as well. I have probably 6-7 boxes filled with shafts and three boxes full of heads from my days of building and fondling clubs. I did buy two new hybrids because of the reviews here and I have reshafted most every club in my bag this year as well. I guess I just love to tinker with my clubs and of course my wife's as well.

Back