Super Tuna

You can't scale this!
Reaction score
Handicap
Evening all,

Anyone had any experience with the Harrison driver shaft line? While testing out iron shafts again tonight we were talking about driver shafts and how I need to go heavier. One of the shaft lines he was talking about was the Harrison line. However I've never heard of them and can't seem to find any reviews of people actually using them.

They're also not exactly cheap so I'm a bit hesitant over them.

Any experience or reviews out there that you know of?

I found this data test that they had done by an independent lab. I am not all that surprised though based on the swing speed chosen and the other shafts being more tip stiff.

http://www.harrison.com/hs-news_robot71408.html

I do not have any personal experience with harrison shafts but if you are looking for a little input on shafts in general I am sure that the community here would love to share our own $0.02

john

I had a Harrison Striper shaft in bright yellow in a Mellow Yellow driver head.
I loved that driver. It got a lot of laughs on the first tee when I pulled it from the bag.
The laughs all stopped when the drive took off. The face cracked after 2 years.
I put the club in the garage and it's still there.

Some people really love them. They have a website you can check or out too.

I have a Star Plus in a driver and it is pretty nice with a high launch. It was very inexpensive. They make some pricier shafts as well.

Don't take this as a negative because it isn't to me, but I have always associated them more with the component market.

I tapped, I talked.

The one he mentioned falls into the pricer end, IE more expensive then a Miyazaki and waaaay more then the Aldila's I've been eyeballing. Between the cost and the lack of knowing anyone who's used one I'm a little iffy on it. Not to say, I don't mind the lesser known shafts. I had an excellent time testing out the BTR shafts last night for irons.

Johnny: I'm certainly not convinced at all at this point so I'm open to lots of suggestions. The goal is to find something in the 65 gram (cut weight) range to match the weight change all my clubs are going through. Mostly looking for a mid kick point for some run out as I already get decent height. SS is around 98 with the driver if that helps.

On my own I've been eyeballing Ozik HD6 or TPHD5, Aldila NV or Voodoo. All of them seem to fall into the mid kick point in the right weight range and for a signifigantly cheaper price.

There was another thread on the Harrison shafts a while back. The poster said he was told by the store that Tiger was putting it into his driver (which never happened) as was pointed out. I think the brand is a decent brand for my swing. I have tried a lot of their line, but when push comes to shove, other shafts just worked better. Be it numbers, feel, heck even looks. Other lines worked better for me and when I go back to compare, I just dont see it in comparison to some others.

Im glad that work for many though.

The Saga and Eclipse are their best IMO. And in NO way shape or form as pricey as the Miyazaki or aldila's. Saga is one of my all time favorites, a low spin monster for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting Jman. He was looking at the Mugen line I believe and the cost was well over $200 CAD

Evening all,

Anyone had any experience with the Harrison driver shaft line? While testing out iron shafts again tonight we were talking about driver shafts and how I need to go heavier. One of the shaft lines he was talking about was the Harrison line. However I've never heard of them and can't seem to find any reviews of people actually using them.

They're also not exactly cheap so I'm a bit hesitant over them.

Any experience or reviews out there that you know of?

Think the Striper used to be the Titleist house staff for a while (not sure if they were "Desined for Titliest" or the real deal) but haven't seen them much since t***y stopped using them.

Have you looked at UST Proforce V2 shafts at all? I know they aren't as glamorous as some of the newer offerings, but still a great shaft that you see more than a few pros still gaming.

When i got fitted for my 909 D3 I needed help with sky hooks, fitter wanted me in a heavier shaft with low torque. the ones that gave me the best numbers on the flightscope were the BlueBoard (the real one) and the UST V2 75 (they also have 85 if you need even heavier).

At the time the BB was like a $300 up charge i think and the V2 was maybe $85 (this is going back to April 09 so its a little hazy) I think you can get the V2 for like $60 now. Its a great shaft at any price but a t $60 i think it is hard to beat...

Mugen is a good one too, proto is the more expensive one (also what Freddie does/did play in hid fwy). Always have wanted a proto, just haven't found a pull yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4.5 FL Lite in my ERC. Feels... Soft, I guess? Nice shaft, just not right for me.

Im pleased with my Mugen, pretty stable and got it at a great price.

Back