Has Sik stopped selling putters DTC?

edelguy

be kind to your swing
Reaction score
Handicap
I know SIK was acquired last year by LA Golf but they were still selling putters directly on their website. Looks like that has stopped now and their website redirects you to LA Golf’s website, where the only putter available is $2500. Maybe they will introduce a cheaper putter instead of the all carbon in the future, but knowing LA Golf it will still be at least $1k with the shaft and all. Anyway, this is bittersweet as I love SIKs tech and want the masses to be able to access it. But I guess that’s partially why they were acquired because investors saw value in that. I wonder if they will continue to license the face tech to companies like Cobra or just hold on to it for themselves. Either way, my gamer putter is vintage now, I love the thing!

I know SIK was acquired last year by LA Golf but they were still selling putters directly on their website. Looks like that has stopped now and their website redirects you to LA Golf’s website, where the only putter available is $2500. Maybe they will introduce a cheaper putter instead of the all carbon in the future, but knowing LA Golf it will still be at least $1k with the shaft and all. Anyway, this is bittersweet as I love SIKs tech and want the masses to be able to access it. But I guess that’s partially why they were acquired because investors saw value in that. I wonder if they will continue to license the face tech to companies like Cobra or just hold on to it for themselves. Either way, my gamer putter is vintage now, I love the thing!
SIK’s tech is available at fantastic pricing in Cobra’s full lineup of putters.

LA Golf shut down SIK, they will be releasing a new line of putters under their own name. I don’t believe they will be as expensive as the first one.

LA Golf shut down SIK, they will be releasing a new line of putters under their own name. I don’t believe they will be as expensive as the first one.
Saying less expensive than 2500.00 gives them a pretty big window to work in haha

Hopefully they’re at least SMALLER.

Saying less expensive than 2500.00 gives them a pretty big window to work in haha

My buddy works for them, not sure what I am allowed to say just yet, but they will be significantly less expensive.

My buddy works for them, not sure what I am allowed to say just yet, but they will be significantly less expensive.
I mean, that’s still a broad window 😉🤣

After seeing LA Golf consume sik’s website with only a burp bump to the information poor LA Golf website, I asked this question here. Crickets. Reached out to LA golf and more crickets.

I was planning to buy a sik putter. No way now.

After seeing LA Golf consume sik’s website with only a burp bump to the information poor LA Golf website, I asked this question here. Crickets. Reached out to LA golf and more crickets.

I was planning to buy a sik putter. No way now.
Oh no! I’m sorry you had this experience. The answers here have been really helpful in my inquiry(thanks all!). For what it’s worth I think they are a good company and make fantastic products, give them another chance when the new stuff comes out that’s allegedly going to be cheaper. I am a true sik/LAgolf user + believer. eBay has some ‘vintage’ siks too but I’m sure they will go up in price

I mean, that’s still a broad window 😉🤣
Haha right? There is no chance their “baseline” putters will be under $900 unless they are also producing a much cheaper shaft offering for that whole product line

Considering they were at the PGA Show in a small booth showing their wares you can say anything you would like.

They are going to be less expensive. This company’s marketing could f**k up a wet dream though

SIK’s tech is available at fantastic pricing in Cobra’s full lineup of putters.
Yeah they are cool - I am more specifically wondering whether LA GOLF will continue that licensing deal or whether it will stop

Yeah they are cool - I am more specifically wondering whether LA GOLF will continue that licensing deal or whether it will stop
As of now that deal is continuing according to both parties.

Considering they were at the PGA Show in a small booth showing their wares you can say anything you would like.

They are going to be less expensive. This company’s marketing could f**k up a wet dream though
Oh cool! What were they like? I’m guessing not carbon? What’s the design rest of the make up of the putters like?

Oh cool! What were they like? I’m guessing not carbon?
Spent zero time there. Walked by. Should have full info for people shortly. Hopefully quality is better than the $2500 version.

Spent zero time there. Walked by. Should have full info for people shortly. Hopefully quality is better than the $2500 version.
I couldn't believe how bad that putter looked, especially for what they were asking for it.

From someone at LA Golf:

“The new LA Golf putter will be released in the next 45 days. The putter will consist of DLT, LA Golf's signature P Series shaft and carbon head. The putter will retail between $500 and $700.”

$600-700 one blade and one mallet with the carbon head design, normal P Series shafts, not the crazy thick tip section that Bryson was using. Still can’t bend them, but they will have a couple of lie angles pre-made.

1676513140931.png
LA Golf Bel-Air (blade) and Malibu (mallet). 50 gram of carbon paired with 310 grams of titanium.

Found a short blurb about the new ones online. Excited to see THP's article!

More power to them if people are actually buying those putters at $600-$700. Ugh, though. Quite possibly the homeliest Anser knockoff ever created.

I have seen 4 different “prototypes” from Lagolf. They are all disgusting..

To me, their $2500 putter looked like a fifth grader's first 3-D printing project. :ROFLMAO:
Yup and the photo above isn’t any better. I understand there’s a tech story, but ew. It just doesn’t feel like this company has figured out its identity. At least not one I’ve managed to decipher.

Back