Have you ditched cable?

I cut the cord several years ago and haven't looked back.

Same here! I had satellite, Dish Network. I'm fairly handy, so I found the hardware and an installation kit available at a bargain at Sears. Remember them? I'm fairly handy, so I ran the cable and installed and aligned the dish. I understand azimuth and ascension, so it wasn't all that hard to figure out. I had 96% signal capture. I signed up for their cheapest package, which was all I needed. It was good for a few years, but then the price began to rise. Then I needed a new receiver, that I had to pay for, but no big deal.

The final straw was the announcement of yet another price rise, and the need to send a technician into my home to install new equipment! That is when I called and cancelled. As I told the representative on the phone, I saw Dish Network ads offering new customers their basic service (what I was getting) for $19.95 a month! I was paying close to 60 dollars! I asked the rep what kind of deals they had for loyal, long time customers! Turns out that we got crap in a bag!

And, after over 10 years with Dish Network, I went back and added up what I had paid for television. I was astounded at the number!

I cut the cable last week, use sling now.

I had local cable company internet service and was streaming for a while. I had DirecTV and Peacock for my streaming needs. It's amazing how much money of your payments go for professional sports to pay their salaries. The basic DirecTV subscription doesn't include Bally Sports which broadcast major league baseball games, specifically Detroit Tigers Red Wings games so I had to pay an extra $20 a month just to have them. I have since canceled my internet and am in limbo without cable or streaming right now. It gets pretty lonesome so I have to figure out a new plan.

I got rid of cable TV, kept internet and got streaming through sling for TV. Saved money by getting rid of cable TV.

Currently on internet-only ($65.38/mo from Comcast)
Streaming:
Netflix
Fubo (split with someone)
Amazon Prime
Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Discovery+ included with Verizon

I'm not a huge TV watcher as I'll just put on PlutoTV for background noise so I could live with just Netflix/Amazon, but my wife can't get away from some of her weekly shows.
@Jank please say more about "Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Discovery+ included with Verizon". I'm a Verizon Wireless customer and this is the first I've heard of this.

@Jank please say more about "Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Discovery+ included with Verizon". I'm a Verizon Wireless customer and this is the first I've heard of this.

It's a plan perk. Not sure if it is because I have unlimited or what, but I think you have to activate it through the MyVerizon app. I remember it being pretty simple to start up, but it has been quite a while since I did it.

Went to YouTube TV and love it. With T-mobile it is half off, so only $35 with all the channels cable has.

No, and I'm not happy about it. The only thing keeping cable in my house is the Bally Sports channels (formerly Fox Sports Regional Networks). If those people would actually sell their service at a reasonable price, Comcast wouldn't be the only service that didn't drop it.

We’ve kept UVerse because each year when I’ve called, they’ve maintained the discount. But AT&T is pushing everyone to their streaming option, and I imagine soon, they’ll get rid of the $50-$60 a month off to keep people on UVerse. I literally have that call to make today, so there may be an update soon lol. I assume we’ll be on their streaming option soon, whether that’s now, in a year, etc.

The issue remains with the regional sports networks. The options are pretty limited here while they try to figure all that out.

We ditched cable when we bought our house. It was a huge adjustment at first but once we found the right service we’ve been really happy

We changed to Direct TV, but essentially the same services and similar cost. I don't even remember why we did it....

We’ve kept UVerse because each year when I’ve called, they’ve maintained the discount. But AT&T is pushing everyone to their streaming option, and I imagine soon, they’ll get rid of the $50-$60 a month off to keep people on UVerse. I literally have that call to make today, so there may be an update soon lol. I assume we’ll be on their streaming option soon, whether that’s now, in a year, etc.

The issue remains with the regional sports networks. The options are pretty limited here while they try to figure all that out.
I ditched back in December when they would not budge on price. Regional sports especially through Bally are difficult.

Told the Minister on the weekend that when out Dish contract is up, we're going to YouTube TV. All the channels she wants for a saving of $50 a month.

We have, I don’t miss it one iota. We have all our streaming apps for the kids, and I have YouTube TV for most sports.

Talk to me like I’m a 4 year old…

I absolutely despise comcast and would love to ditch it. We have Hulu devices and subscribe to it/Disney, Prime and Netflix. Am I misssing something here - I can cancel cable and use those other services through Hulu, right? What will we be losing out on / missing (other than the horrible CS and ridiculous prices)?

I expect my elimination of cable is only for a few years. Beit mobile phones, internet or content access what I find is all these companies treat new customers better then old. So they basically force those wanting better rates to change every 36 months

I absolutely despise comcast and would love to ditch it. We have Hulu devices and subscribe to it/Disney, Prime and Netflix. Am I misssing something here - I can cancel cable and use those other services through Hulu, right? What will we be losing out on / missing (other than the horrible CS and ridiculous prices)?
Not much. We did this. Tried all of the services and ended up with Hulu Live which includes Disney and Espn+
It gives us nearly every channel we had

So I am currently going through the cutting the cord process. Hulu is one of the streaming providers I've been considering. So, when you say you have Hulu, which subscription? Hulu + Live TV is pretty extensive. Hulu's Base Plans are far less extensive. Thus answering your question depends on which plan you have.

I am enjoying discovery plus quite a bit. The add free plan is only 6.99 mo and it has all the programming from discovery and the history Channel along with some other networks as well.

Well with OTA HD we couldn’t get ABC since the local carrier was over 50 miles and some mountains away from us so we went back to YTTV when I saw that several of Michigan’s games were going to be on ABC this fall. We are happy we switched back actually.

We tried the Hulu live tv portion and didn’t care for it. We did it for about 3 months and have now switched to YouTube tv. We are enjoying that far better personally.

We dumped cable in August and use Youtube TV. It's been great and we save around $100 a month over cable. We also get Disney+, ESPN+ and Paramount+ on promotions, so not paying anything out on those. We'll probably cancel those once the trial period runs out.

The only thing we are missing out on is Bally Sports, so no more Royals broadcasts for us.

We haven’t had cable in a few years now.

We tried the Hulu live tv portion and didn’t care for it. We did it for about 3 months and have now switched to YouTube tv. We are enjoying that far better personally.
I'm just the opposite, didn't care for the VCR deal on YouTube, but that was a couple years ago. How do you like that part?

Back