Have you ever broken par?

Closest I've ever been was a 75 on a par 72, but the potential is there for me. Hoping to do it someday soon

4 times for me but all in 2018. Was one helluva ride! -4, -2, -1, -1.

Since, I've been under par for 9 a handful of times but the best I've shot for 18 is par a few.

Last 9-10 months though have been particularly bare as it relates to par. Been struggling, and failing, to get there.

Was -2 on the front this past Wednesday (4 birds with a double, dangit!). But I shot 42 on the back.

Only once in my life on 18 and that was with a double.

Have done it around 15-20 times on 9

I had a streak of 9 straight last year that seems unlikely to be bested. Hardly seemed real at the time, but I tried to appreciate it while it was happening once I realized it was.

That is one hell of a streak. The best streak I remember was about a decade ago on a family vacation and golf week where I played 8 days in a row. I shot 74 the first day and then wound up shooting par or better 6 of the next 7 days. I appreciated it at the time knowing that it would likely never be repeated especially since both of the courses had a slope rating over 140.

Not for 18. Shot 33 on front 9, stopped for lunch had a few beverages and shot 40 on the back. 4 birds to start, bogey, then 4 pars. I have never stopped between 9’s again!

A lifetime ago I was disappointed if I didn’t on the easy local courses. My best HC back then was +2.2 and I hovered between 0 and that for several years.

Since I came back to the game in 2013 I channeled that guy a time or two a year through 2018. Illness and accident caught up to me and even prior to accident I only broke 80 once last year. I did have an even par 9 but that’s the best I could hold it together.

Now post accident I’ve only played twice so I’m thinking breaking 90 right now would be pretty good. At any rate I’d be happy breaking 90 right now, hell I’d be happy golfing right now.

So yes I have. I don’t know if I ever will again. Probably as I’ve always had the odd round where I could do everything right. I just think it’ll be way more random than a time or two a year.

I have a few times. One stupid low round at a short muni. Had back to back eagles lol that will probably not happen again..

Nope, still trying to break 80, came real close a few times last year but not quite.

I think I did a couple times when I was in college, but can't remember. But, HELL, I'M 75. Sometimes I can't remember what I had for breakfast. I didn't keep a handicap then, but played four or five rounds a week and was shooting in the mid-70's most of the time (on a pretty simple muni).

I've had a couple chances since I started playing again at about age 50. Ours is a nine-hole course with dual tee boxes. A few years ago I came in at the turn and a good friend asked how it was going. I told him "Pat, I am in total command of my game. I'm one under." The look of horror on his face was priceless. We both knew instantly that I had committed the ultimate sin. I went back out and rang up a sparking 50 on the back. My best in recent years was 75. Crazy thing is that it was on Men's Day when "the game of the day" was four clubs. I shot a 75 playing with a 5 wood, a 8i, a 5i, and a putter. There's a lesson that I didn't learn.

For many years my lifelong golf goal was to break 80 on a regulation length course--just once. Now I can say I've broken par scores, and scores, and scores of times. As you can imagine, it's a lot of fun to do so.

Shot par on a short 9-hole executive course and the front 9 one other time but have never hit or broke par on 18.

My goal for this summer is to make par for 18 for the first time.

Twice when I was playing a lot.

I never have and most likely never will

Long ago in a galaxy far far away....
Actually have 5 times. I have had several more chances but I always seem to have a couple blow up holes to make sure it does not happen again. And now at almost 74 years old...I just want to shoot my age.

No, 25 years ago when I was like a +20 handi I shot a 74. It was a day from the gods. Wild drives and I had straight line to the green. Dropping 30ft putts when I could not hit a 10ft putt.

My golf swing is better now and I can putt but can't get better then 78 on my normal course. I have about 3 to 5 brain farts per round that limit me.

Multiple times back in high school & college. Though it's been a while since I've done it. Been close a number of times shooting Even par in my elder years. LOL

I broke par on 9 holes about 4-5 years ago. I did it several times, usually in the evening when there was just time for 9. The times I did for 18 I could never hold it together for a full round. I shot even 3-4 times when I finally broke through in October with a -3 69. A couple months later I shot -1 and then a -4 68 in January. My goal for this year it to shoot 5 rounds under par.

Not for 18. The best I have managed was a 73 and 3 under for 9. I think I might be able to if I played an easier course. My normal tees that I hit from at my club are 74.4/141. So I have actually shot a negative differential once. Which is probably harder IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back