Have you ever broken par?

Not for 18 but I have for 9

I'm shocked you haven't, man.
Hard for me to tell what it’s gonna take for me.

I think it’s part quantity. I just don’t play enough. Without taking golf trips into account, I might play once every 2 weeks with practice at least once a week. Too many variables and factors that change between rounds.

If not quantity, maybe I should just find an easier course to play? Lol

Yes, several 70s, with a a 69 & 68 thrown in. All magical rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard for me to tell what it’s gonna take for me.

I think it’s part quantity. I just don’t play enough. Without taking golf trips into account, I might play once every 2 weeks with practice at least once a week. Too many variables and factors that change between rounds.

If not quantity, maybe I should just find an easier course to play? Lol
I always joke around about playing only par 3 courses until I get my first hole in one -- yet never follow through on it.

Sounds similar.

One of my golf goals is to shoot par one time. On one magical day at this course in Sacramento called Haggin Oaks. I was on fire and had an eagle and four birdies and was playing the round of my life. Fast forward to Hole 18 and all I needed was a par on a easy par 5 485 yard hole.

I smoked my drive and got good summer time roll and it left me 185 yards out. Absolutely the worst thing that could happen to me because I my brain still thought like a 25 year old Phil Michelson. Pulled out the 5 iron thinking if I could get on the green or even around it, I would have a chance for birdie to finish one under.

This is when the nightmare started! Hit the 5 iron just a tiny bit fat and it plugged 6” under the lip in the sand trap. Had to blast out sideways which left me ten feet off the green. After my mediocre chip it left me a five footer for par. This is when the real pain happened because my putt hit the left edge and horseshoed back at me. To this day I’ve never had a more sick to my stomach feeling on the course. I often relive that hole because I’ll probably never have another chance. So the answer to your question is no. :cry:

Yes, I have broken par a few times, but I just can't seem to break 70.

Maybe 30 full rounds under par over 43 years of golf (68 is my best and I've shot that 5 times).

Under par on just one of the two nines? Countless! lol

Nope. Trying to break 80 is my current goal.

One time, 2 years ago. Shot -1.

Started off with a blistering -3 on the front nine and then tried to hang on for dear life, getting back to Even on 16. Lipped out a 10-foot birdie putt on 17 with a difficult par 5 to finish. Played it well and left myself a 25 footer for birdie. Considering my previous best was +2, I would have been pretty happy with just shooting par, however I drilled my putt right at the center of the hole. "Drill" is the appropriate word, since it would've ended up 10 feet past (probably costing me my even par round), but luckily it hit the back of the hole, popped up, and went in! My buddy (who refused to mention a thing about my round to avoid the jinx) and I went crazy - what an awesome feeling!

After the round, I realized I hit 17 greens in regulation (on a Nicklaus Design course!) and lipped out 4 putts. I don't think I've ever hit more than 12 or so in any other round (and usually it's more like 6)...it was an out of body experience for sure. Definitely the first and only time I've felt a little like the pros must feel, looking back on a 71 that could have easily been a 67 or 68! Craziness.

I always joke around about playing only par 3 courses until I get my first hole in one -- yet never follow through on it.

Sounds similar.
Haha. I don’t hate the idea.

Nope, but I have shot 34 on 9 holes before.

I haven't for a while, but I have in the past. Lowest score ever is a 68. Shot even par 72 on Sat though

I have shot -1 and -2. But only on 1 hole each time.

Hundreds of times I’ve shot under par for 9 holes. I’d say probably 50 times I’ve shot under par for 18. Lowest to date is -6. I’ve shot it 3 times. Probably hundreds of times shooting even for 18. One of my best stretches was -4 total after 4 rounds of golf at different 18 hole courses.

Never par, or under par for me. Got with in 5, or 6 strokes of par a few times on longer 18 hole courses.

I'd like to think that if I would have worked harder on improving my overall golf game, I could've shot par, or better.

Never know now, which is fine.

Years ago when I was a low single digit index, I broke par quite often. I took about 5 or so years away from golf after that due to work. Since coming back 2007, I think I've broke par maybe 3 times.

Par or under in probably a goal out of my reach. +10 was my best score I think I’ll be able to shave that down but not by 10 strokes. I did shoot +4 on a par 57 executive last year, par is within reach on the short course.

Last edited:
For single holes many times.

For 9 holes (front or back nine) a few times (-2, 33 is the lowest).

For over 9 holes (spread between front and back) once or twice.

Never for 18 holes.

Par has broken me.

I've broken par in The Golf Club 2019 and in Tiger Woods 2013.

I did it today for the first time. Shot a 35-36-71. I had to make a 15’ birdie putt on 18 to do it. And I dropped it right in the middle of the hole. Such an awesome feeling.

Best was a 3 over 75 and it was right at the end of my season last year. Made me sad the season was over soon after due to a shoulder surgery.

I am 34 and playing the best I have ever played. Hoping to break par one of these days! Still playing off an 8 cap for now though...

Back