Have you ever shot your age?

on nine years ago, yes, my age now? not yet....but i'm getting closer

I am 27 and have shot 27 1 time in the past year. Had the round of my life, all cylinders were clicking.

You are officially my hero now and my goal for retirement.
Two things. It helps to play, on average, 180 rounds per year and it does seem to get easier, well, let's say more frequent, the older I get. It has never been "easy"! :LOL:

On 9 yes when I was younger. Now if I shoot my age on 9, it will be time for me to give up the game. And for 18 if I shoot my age I will be in the Guiness Book of World Records......

Yeah.... I've shot my age on the front nine several times.... unfortunately not in a good way..... :rolleyes:

For 9 holes, every time for decades. But I don't really consider that shooting my age. That is usually thought of as over 18 holes on a regulation length course. Something with a par of 70 or higher. A year ago I had a round where I got within 3 shots of that goal, and have gotten within 4 shots several times since then. So I'm hopeful it will happen sometime in the next 3 years, if I can keep my game up.

My ultimate goal is the trifecta: Shoot my age, on a regulation mountain course, carrying my bag.

Last edited:
Closest I've been is within 2 on a niner played twice for 18 in a day.

Not something I look at doing and would think of not playing again if I shot my age on a regular 9 hole round.

All the time for 9, but I'm a few years removed from it being a good score. Hopefully, I'm entering a long stretch where I won't be shooting my age very often until I can try to do it for 18.

You are at a strange age when shooting your age on 9 holes is a bad day but you are not near old enough to shoot it on 18. I think I first shot my age on nine holes around 38.

For 9, sure. My best 9 in relation to age was a 38 when I was 55. For an under par 9, it was a 35 when I was 42.

On 9 I shoot under my age all the time! I’m 52!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not yet. Not old enough to make that a possibility. But I will someday, as long as I’m still golfing when I’m 110.

My age is basically my hdcp avg......so yes. I always shoot my age.......uhhhhhhh for the next few years anyways.

I have for 9 but now I'm at that age where I don't want to shoot my age for 9 and not possible for 18...

For 9 holes...

Only 29 at the moment and the best I've shot on 9 is a 35 on a par 36. So I have a couple years to go before it's an option for me lol

I'm getting close to a "ringer" shoot your age. I'm now 68, so next year I'll have it. I can tell people that I shot my age. 45 years ago!

I was going to joke that on 9 if it is an executive. Then I realized it was true and now it is added to the goal list for a full length 9. Just turned 42 so hopefully it is in short order.

Back