Have You Used Turo Before?

Been eyeing Turo for a while but never took the plunge. Glad to hear so many that had positive experiences. Thanks THPers

Booked a ride for San Antonio. I will certainly update here how it went.

Just a post trip update.. used Turo and it was fantastic. Pickup & drop off were very simple @ airport. Car battery died Sunday morning and while we were golfing my host came & jumped car, then took battery to auto zone to charge it (said it was fairly new) and apologized profusely. Loved the service and gave 5 stars. Rest of trip was flawless.

I booked Turo for two weeks in December down in Miami. Fingers crossed!

Another thumbs up from me on Turo. The ease of finding a vehicle online and the ease of the whole rental process is really good. I was nervous going to San Antonio but everything worked out great!

Have used Turo multiple times. Have always had great experience with it.
Used a rental car company last trip and that will be my last experience with them if possible.
Some great rental options on Turo. Cars are generally cleaner and in better shape than rental companies, in my experience.

Just used in in August in Myrtle for the world am

Went pretty well. Got a Caddy for $28 more than a camry from the rental agency.

Its great if you have no issues but if you run into problems it's not as easy getting a different car like a rental agency.

For those that have used Turo- How does payment work? For example, I am looking at renting a vehicle for $66/day for 3 days. What kind of advanced charges do they do?

For those that have used Turo- How does payment work? For example, I am looking at renting a vehicle for $66/day for 3 days. What kind of advanced charges do they do?
According to the email I received after booking was completed they charged my payment method for the full trip cost.

I'm used one a couple of weeks ago for my Bachelor Party trip. I think I paid in advance. There are some fees depending on where you are picking up the vehicle. I think it was like and extra $20 to pick it up at the airport which makes since because of having to pay for the temporary parking. He left an envelope in there with $20 to pay that and I just left the change in the envelope for him when he picked it up. They have something on the vehicle that allows it to unlock so you just pull up the Turo app and hit unlock and the vehicle unlocks. The keys were there with the envelope. The person took picture which I could see in the app and then I took some more just in case. It was all very easy and I'd do it again.

We got a 2017 or 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali as we had 4 riding and golfing. I think it was around $90 per day for the vehicle but came out to around $475 for the 4 days with the fees and stuff. Another buddy got the other vehicle from one of the rental car companies. Initially they were getting a minivan for $500 but paid more and upgraded to a Ford Expedition. This was with him getting a special rate since he's the VP of a Collision Company and getting their corporate rate since they deal with them so much.

Thanks fellas, just didnt know if there was a "deposit" that I was missing in the fine print or something.

I actually paid in advance and had to cancel and switch to another car, in which case I was refunded by Turo for the full amount though it took about 4-5 days. Just FYI.

I actually paid in advance and had to cancel and switch to another car, in which case I was refunded by Turo for the full amount though it took about 4-5 days. Just FYI.
The one that I booked has a 100% refund for cancellation up until the day before.

Back