Having to cut down your Superfast 2.0

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
so i got sick of trying to make adjustments to my swing, stance, set up blah blah blah with my driver (TM Superfast 2.0) and i dropped it off today at golftec to get cut down to 45 inches and i put a new golf pride grip on it. im hoping the shorter length shaft helps me out. anyone else have to do this?

if this is a repost JB im sorry, but i searched burner cut down and 1,000,000,000 threads came up and i didnt see anything on the first page lol :act-up:

A good friend of mine had to cut theirs down as well

so i got sick of trying to make adjustments to my swing, stance, set up blah blah blah with my driver (TM Superfast 2.0) and i dropped it off today at golftec to get cut down to 45 inches and i put a new golf pride grip on it. im hoping the shorter length shaft helps me out. anyone else have to do this?

if this is a repost JB im sorry, but i searched burner cut down and 1,000,000,000 threads came up and i didnt see anything on the first page lol :act-up:

I tried one at the PGA Superstore and loved it besides the length. Got one on Ebay already cut down to 45 with a golf pride VDR grip. Should be here tomorrow and I am psyched!

I did the same thing. Put the Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound on it with 2 wraps and I am hitting the cover off the ball now.

I tried one at the PGA Superstore and loved it besides the length. Got one on Ebay already cut down to 45 with a golf pride VDR grip. Should be here tomorrow and I am psyched!

thats the grip i put on it too lol i get it tomorrow and have a tee time set for 10 minutes after golftec opens! on a side note, i was also considering trading in the superfast towards the nike machspeed because of the price drop and a buddy of mine has one and he loves it. how would you compare it to the superfast?

thats the grip i put on it too lol i get it tomorrow and have a tee time set for 10 minutes after golftec opens! on a side note, i was also considering trading in the superfast towards the nike machspeed because of the price drop and a buddy of mine has one and he loves it. how would you compare it to the superfast?

They usually tell you to wait a few hours after the re-gripping for them to settle and dry.

They usually tell you to wait a few hours after the re-gripping for them to settle and dry.

its being done today but i work nights so when i wake up the store is closed so im picking it up tomorrow

its being done today but i work nights so when i wake up the store is closed so im picking it up tomorrow

Make sure it is being done today. Golfsmith told me that too and when I went to get it, they hadnt even touched it yet and did it while I waited but I had to wait a few hours before using it.

Make sure it is being done today. Golfsmith told me that too and when I went to get it, they hadnt even touched it yet and did it while I waited but I had to wait a few hours before using it.

thanks for the heads up. it better be done because i personally know the guy who works there and i golf with him on saturdays and if its not ready, hes buying

I have the squared head on my machspeed and I just dont much care for it. Also I got the regular flex and should be swinging a stiff, so it required perfect timing to hit it well. If you like square heads it is about as forgiving as a driver comes.

I have the squared head on my machspeed and I just dont much care for it. Also I got the regular flex and should be swinging a stiff, so it required perfect timing to hit it well. If you like square heads it is about as forgiving as a driver comes.

it would be the round head....

but back on topic. anyone else have to cut theirs down? im glad it worked for Dev

Re-shafted my 2.0 and cut it to 45 and it's made me a lot more accurate. It did take 5-10 yards off but I'll take 260-270 on average in the fairway instead of 280-290 in the woods.

I need to stop talking about getting this done and just do it, lord knows distance isnt a problem...accuracy is however

I need to stop talking about getting this done and just do it, lord knows distance isnt a problem...accuracy is however

i didnt really wanna mess with the club. i figured it was something i could just adjust. but i got so sick of it to the point where i started shopping around for other drivers so i figured i would try to make some common changes that a lot of other players went with. im playing tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes

Re-shafted my 2.0 and cut it to 45 and it's made me a lot more accurate. It did take 5-10 yards off but I'll take 260-270 on average in the fairway instead of 280-290 in the woods.

which shaft did you switch to?

I reshafted mine with a R9's Adila VS6 stiff.

That means it went from a 46.5 to 45.5". I also added 6 grams to the tip and plan to put on a midsize grip due to preference. The weight on the tip was to help keep the swingweight up, of course. Based on calculations, not measurements, it should swing at a D5-6 compared to the original D9. In real life, with the current stock grip of the SVS6, it is a noticeably heavier club, plays stiffer, is keeping me much straighter, and is also noticablly shorter. I want to say 20 yards or so. Not sure if I can live with that; I'll either back up my words that I want something straight, not long, or I will cut the original SF shaft down an inch and add some weight to its tip, too.

It was a pain to get that head off, too. I ended up *slightly* discoloring a bit of the white head. Doesn't bother me, though.

Eph

i didnt really wanna mess with the club. i figured it was something i could just adjust. but i got so sick of it to the point where i started shopping around for other drivers so i figured i would try to make some common changes that a lot of other players went with. im playing tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes

yeah I cant blame ya one bit

Dropping mine off tonight to get it chopped, thinking 1.5 inches, will be testing it Sat!

i think im throwing the towel in. this driver has turned my draw into a hard slice and its driving me crazy! lol but good luck mike dean. i hope you enjoy your adjustments

I can see why people would want to cut the shaft down. I stand pretty far away from the ball, so I dont might the shaft length. Great driver IMO

i think im throwing the towel in. this driver has turned my draw into a hard slice and its driving me crazy! lol but good luck mike dean. i hope you enjoy your adjustments

got it cut down an inch yesterday, tomorrow will be the test.

Swing was bad yesterday so it wouldnt have mattered how big or short the shaft was lol

No offense but it sounds like it may be a flaw in your swing at the moment. A hard slice is not something generally caused by a club. I guess it depends how hard your hard slice is. How many times did you take it out after getting it cut down?

I cut down my original Superfast. Both are 46.5" standard. It just played too long for me and made a world of difference when I cut it down.

I'm thinking of taking an inch of my Octane black,how much weight in the tip would I need to add to get back to D5? I was also planning of fitting a new winn lite grip which is 20g lighter so was wondering if this would get the swingweight back to D5

Back