Headcover question

Headcovers stay on the woods/hybrids/putter unless I am actively using them. I have seen dinged up woods and putters and I don't want it.

They are on at all times they aren’t being used. Having no headcovers makes me cringe, but they are your clubs so go for it.

Stay on all the time, only come off to hit a shot then right back on. FYI - only my driver & 3w have headcovers, other fw or hybrids 'go naked' like my irons.

I think I'm going to leave the headcovers on my clubs during rounds now. I normally leave them in my car... but now having a shiny new driver I'm second guessing that decision.

I'm not bothered by club chatter with my irons... it's part of the game and those clubs are designed to interact with the turf. I won't hit rocks with them. Or roots.

Plus I just ordered a new headcover for my 7W even though that club is old and looks bedraggled.

Driver, 5W, hybrids and putter all have head covers on unless I'm using them. I don't use head covers on irons or wedges.

Driver, fwy and hybrids all have covers and they only come off when I am using them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head covers stay on the clubs unless I'm using it, I don't want to damage anything and I don't need to sound like a wind chime walking down the fairway.

I leave the driver cover in the back of the cart, or side pocket. The rest I put back on. Figure the driver is tall enough to avoid the irons and the other wood covers keep the rest protected.

Leave hats on bats for me.

I like to keep on and cover all round long.

I'm talking about headcovers for drivers, fairway woods and hybrids. Not putters or irons.

When you grab your clubs from your vehicle do you leave your headcovers for your drivers, woods, and hybrids in the trunk or do they stay on your clubs?

I leave mine in my trunk but I've got a new driver and newer 3w and I'm thinking of keeping the covers for my driver and woods on the clubs.
I leave mine on the clubs because I cant stand the sound of my clubs clinking together and it protects them from the paint getting chipped. Ive bought too many used clubs off of Ebay where the previous owner clearly never used the headcovers and the paint was all chipped and beat up, even though the clubs themselves werent all that old. I wont go without the cover.

There are two sounds that should never be heard: nails on a chalkboard and your driver clanking against your fairway woods.

Headcovers are always on. It would drive me nuts if I had to look down at a blemish on one of my woods.

Mine stay on. I actually leave the factory headcovers on my utility irons too but they ride in the bag next to the driver so it’s just a bit more insurance the driver doesn’t get beat up.

Driver, 3w, hybrid leave cover on and only take them off when using the club.

I played with a friend that insisted headcovers aren't needed when on course because it "takes too much time to take them on/off." The sound of his driver and woods hitting each other the entire round made me sad.

People who leave the headcovers off are psychopaths.

Every club that came with a headcover keeps it on unless it’s being used. That applies to all my non iron clubs.

I keep the headcovers on woods and hybrids until I need them. One exception is when I ride, I take the headcover off my driver and lay it in the back of the cart. My driver needs to cool off between drives. ;)

Last edited:
Head covers on the long clubs
Iron covers on irons
Putter has its own

Never remove then until target acquired , and launch sequence initiated 😊

Click clack sound of clubs like dominos would annoy me as well as damage clubs and faces

I sold a set of Tm irons after a dozen years with their socks on , a shop attendant said they never see clubs in such pristine condition , and resultant higher price.....👀😏

Last edited:
I take the driver cover off and it stays off the rest of the round. It bothers me when the clubs clank around in the bag, but not enough to keep fussing with the covers.

Headcovers stay on. I push a cart for pretty much 100% of the round over some pretty bumpy terrain, so the last thing I want is them clinking all over each other.

Back