hello from a new golfer (literally) in Utah

Welcome to THP, Mike!

Welcome. I'm about 5 blocks away too we will have to meet up for a round there some time.

hehehe when i can actually get it down range respectably. :) hopefully my saturday range practicing untill the snow comes will help. i was debating doing that lindon indoor place but my friend who loaned me the blades says that would be dumb. im eyeballing those x2hot's or maybe this years models. those are getting to be some outstanding prices on them. im down around 600 north

hehehe when i can actually get it down range respectably. :) hopefully my saturday range practicing untill the snow comes will help. i was debating doing that lindon indoor place but my friend who loaned me the blades says that would be dumb. im eyeballing those x2hot's or maybe this years models. those are getting to be some outstanding prices on them. im down around 600 north

I'm straight west of the pro shop just on the other side of 100 east. I haven't heard of the place in Lindon. I'm guessing maybe it is a simulator?

lindon indoor golf. its off of geneva. friend was telling me its wiser to invest in my clubs and go up to mulligans with their heaters this winter then blow the 450 on an indoor pass

Yeah I looked it up. Do they have any sort of monthly rate? It looked kind of cool but I would only use it for 3 months.

i couldnt find any shorter period rates. was trying to find 10 people at work to get the corp 2100 dollar account. 210 is easier to swallow over 450. but no dice here at work

not sure what i can add to the forums as i am new to golf and have lots of questions.

mike

Welcome! Don't worry - sharing your progress of getting involved in golf and what you're learning along the way will probably teach others quite a bit. And it's always good to get new points of view on the equipment you're trying.

Welcome to THP!

It's gonna grow on you, Mike, and you're gonna love it. Your friends did you a good turn. Welcome to the game and welcome aboard.

lindon indoor golf. its off of geneva. friend was telling me its wiser to invest in my clubs and go up to mulligans with their heaters this winter then blow the 450 on an indoor pass
mulligans is the way to go. heated range and i bet you spend less than 450 hitting buckets there this winter. plus its an easy drive from AF. thats where i will be practicing this winter. there or central valley just cuz i work 1 block away from it.

thanks for that. mulligans will be the way to go then

If you plan on playing at Fox Hollow, which is likely given how close it is, go down to city hall and get a residents card and you get a discount on green fees. Or if you buy them this month they have 10 punch passes that save 30% a round. Not that the green fees are that much there but you can save a few bucks.

If you plan on playing at Fox Hollow, which is likely given how close it is, go down to city hall and get a residents card and you get a discount on green fees. Or if you buy them this month they have 10 punch passes that save 30% a round. Not that the green fees are that much there but you can save a few bucks.
fox hollow used to be tri-city didn't it? if so that is the first course i ever played. terribly i might add. i haven't played it in 25 years and i hear its pretty nice. i need to get down there and play it. i really like cedar hills down that way. i would reccomend playing there too....

Yeah it is, they renamed it a few years back. I didn't make it out to Cedar Hills this year. First course I ever played was Glenmoor. I didn't have my own clubs so I borrowed some from a friend who was a lefty, went about as well as it sounds.

thanks for the tip on city hall. my friend is on the greens keeping crew at fox hollow so i think we will be there alot.
i showed him your go for it pictures and informed him he missed a spot during maintenance :)

Yeah it is, they renamed it a few years back. I didn't make it out to Cedar Hills this year. First course I ever played was Glenmoor. I didn't have my own clubs so I borrowed some from a friend who was a lefty, went about as well as it sounds.

I used to live on the 14 green at glenmoor. In the townhouses. The green was about 50 steps out my garage door. Lived there for 5 years and only played the course twice. I DID however play that 14th hole 900 times ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I used to live on the 14 green at glenmoor. In the townhouses. The green was about 50 steps out my garage door. Lived there for 5 years and only played the course twice. I DID however play that 14th hole 900 times ;)

I lived in there until I was 12, just north of the baseball field you see on the 4th hole. In the winter we would always go sledding on the 3rd hole, the par 3 with the hill.

boo for rain and closed course. still have not got to hit my scor wedges that came last monday.

Welcome to THP!

yes a 2000 with the arrow ti shot gun pipes and chip. i got it when i was in the service and stationed in italy

Nice! Love the big ol' V-Twins!

I lived in there until I was 12, just north of the baseball field you see on the 4th hole. In the winter we would always go sledding on the 3rd hole, the par 3 with the hill.

Its a nice part of town. I liked living there. So did my dog, he would run and take the balls being hit in to the 14th green. I didnt really ever care for the course. I played other places all the time and had a course right in my back yard.

If you are ever looking to play a round or two with a fellow THPer let me know.

I'll take you up on that offer. Anywhere in northern Utah or south Salt Lake county works for me. The incoming snow may make finding a day a little more challenging.

I'll take you up on that offer. Anywhere in northern Utah or south Salt Lake county works for me. The incoming snow may make finding a day a little more challenging.

Saturday looks decent. 50 and sunny. if it holds i'm going to try to get out. i'm thinking a links course.....I hate searching for balls in the leaves. have you played west ridge since the redesign? they did a great job with it.

I've never heard of it, I don't make it out that way very often. I looked it up and it looks very nice. I should know by mid-week if I'll be able to play Saturday.

For you Utah guys I saw the PGA pass show up on KSL deals. It includes a few free rounds of golf and discount rates at almost every public course in the state. Some deals are much better than others on here I think I may pick one up.

Back