hello from a new golfer (literally) in Utah

apriliamille

Reaction score
Handicap
not sure
Hello,
Im Mike and like the title says im new, like 5 buckets and 4 holes new. friend of mine convinced me to try golf, unfortunately late in the season, but with what i have seen that is coming out in regards to gear for 2014, what a great time to get into it. friend loaned me a bag and his spare clubs to get started. so far i have gotten a cobra amp cell driver, callaway copper forged 56, scor 52 and 60, and a daddy long legs putter. still have a bertha fairway and the golfsmith forged professional grind irons to replace with my own. he hasnt pressured me to get new clubs as he says if i can learn these blades i can hit anything in the future. but i think the blades suck, well i suck as he birdied a hole with them in front of me when i told him they sucked. so here is to hoping i can get something i can actually get straight into the air under the xmas tree :)
not sure what i can add to the forums as i am new to golf and have lots of questions.
if i can answer a question outside of golf to help in sharing knowledge: i live in utah, i have a doberman who loves to track, i fly rc airplanes, crash rc helicopters and drive rc cars and a semi retired gamer who took up all the other hobbies to keep me from sitting my butt in a chair gaming
take it easy !
mike

Glad you found the game.
Good luck on your journey and welcome to THP.

Hi Mike. Welcome to THP and the sometimes frustrating yet rewarding game of golf! You are going to LOVE this site!

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Welcome Mike to Addiction or otherwise known as THP.

Welcome to THP and the great game of golf Mike. This is a great community and you have many great minds at your disposal, a couple of which replied directly above me. Good luck on your journey.

Welcome to THP Mike

Welcome to THP Mike

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the team!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP mike!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome: good to have you aboard Mike

wow. tons of welcomes already. not use to that in other forums (non golf). neat group of people here

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! You have a great state for golf in what I have seen.

Welcome to THP and one of the greatest games on earth!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, Mike!

Welcome to the party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Mike, congrats!!! Golf is such a great personal challenge! Great way to see the country too! Welcome!!!!

Back