HELP!! I play... boring golf?! :'(

Go play a 2 ball scramble where you have to play your worst shot.

Go to Walmart, buy this set for $147, and do a review of how they perform lol.

3df98110-324a-46f8-ae69-030aa5f313f3_1.0bc078910ee56a327749d05c2d18fc34.jpeg

The reduced club ones are thoughtful guys, but you have to remember who you're talking to. In the past month alone, for various reasons (mostly not remembering to change what's in my bag, actually put things in the bag, or even remember the bag) I've played rounds with everything from 4 clubs, to full bags with 4 each of the same 3 numbered clubs, to borrowed clubs, you name it. I don't always plan ahead. :LOL:

Here is what I suggest. Pick a score. We all know you can go low. So, pick a low score. Then shoot it from the ladies tees irons only, then stay at that tee till you accomplish the goal. then work back to the next tee and add a fairway wood, etc etc.

tee off with irons only, play from the fairway with hybo's and fairways only. No wedges allowed. Putt with driver. Sounds fun :ROFLMAO:

Get 13 playing cards (14 if you want to hit full shots with a putter). Write a club on each card and play whichever club you draw from the stack. Be it a driver from 100 off the deck or a PW off the tee on a par 5.

Maybe you can play around with @RealPretendPsychic kittykat as opposed to Gizmo. Just have to keep him/her? out of the sand traps!:D
Have you seen the places that cat likes to go?! Never keep track of that thing. And probably spend half a round thinking you lost it just to find eyes peeking out of the big pocket of your golf bag when you go to change out of your shoes! #DontTrustThatCat

Have you seen the places that cat likes to go?! Never keep track of that thing. And probably spend half a round thinking you lost it just to find eyes peeking out of the big pocket of your golf bag when you go to change out of your shoes! #DontTrustThatCat
All of the above = not boring!:cool:

Play a reverse shamble with me. Where ever I hit.....you play from there. Tee to green.

^^^^This. Play a round with me and I can guarantee new destinations. Bring bug repellent and a snorkel.

Reminds me of a scene in Fiddler on the Roof in which Tevye's future son-in-law tells him, "Money is the world's curse!!!"

To which Tevye responds, "May the Lord smite me with it!!! And may I never recover!!!"

I aspire to boring golf.

play a round with no straight shots. You have to draw, cut, hook, or slice every shot ON PURPOSE! Unlike those of use who are doing our best to not do those things.

All of the above = not boring!:cool:
Golf bag = scratching post. Those cats are not golf friendly! :LOL:

I'm not sure this will qualify - but play with that larger ball something Max? Maybe you'll see some differences because it's a different size. Aim for things other than the fairway - oh that tree is 230 away in the deep rough, let's see how close we can get it to that, then repeat zig zagging through the course. If you have a playing partner, have them hand you the club each time - they get to pick what it is, or just pick one at random by throwing dice (same as the card thing really)

Here is what I suggest. Pick a score. We all know you can go low. So, pick a low score. Then shoot it from the ladies tees irons only, then stay at that tee till you accomplish the goal. then work back to the next tee and add a fairway wood, etc etc.
This sounds RIPE for thorough abuse by peers. Lol Should be fun in the failing. (y)

Edit: Ugh. Not the cap talk of it though. I'm teeing off from 2" in front of the markers on this one.

I'm entertained by the posts asking him to play a worst ball scramble by himself. Have you seen his scores? What's a ball that's, give or take 10yards away from the better ball, going to do to make his round less "boring" :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Or you could play the hole basically in reverse. Meaning, pick your approach yardage and hit that off the tee. Then hit the long club into the green.

I'm entertained by the posts asking him to play a worst ball scramble by himself. Have you seen his scores? What's a ball that's, give or take 10yards away from the better ball, going to do to make his round less "boring" :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Have you ever done it?? For me there's plenty of pars and good stuff, boring stuff, but picture the first time you're in trouble, and have to pull off the miraculous, TWICE. It's the big scores that get ya imo. Can be hard to stem the bleeding when things go sideways unless you just eat it and go real safe.

You would be surprised. Worst ball can be brutal. Rory said he does this and is lucky to break par.

When you get the chance, play two balls from the tee & then play from the worst of the two. So on until the ball is holed. :unsure:
So the difference between his best and worst ball will be what? Two feet? :ROFLMAO:

Come play a scramble with me and hit from my shots, I'll show you places on the course you've never even seen before!

How about this - instead of hitting the club you should/would normally hit for your next shot, hit a "wrong" club that requires you to get creative with your shotmaking. Instead of a 6 iron, hit a low stinger with a PW. Instead of a 54° wedge, use a 7 iron and adapt your shot to make it work - play it as a bump and run where you need to kill the momentum short to adjust for the rollout, or open the face and try to bring it in high and soft like a wedge.

You would be surprised. Worst ball can be brutal. Rory said he does this and is lucky to break par.
Then I'd be slightly more intrigued but I just don't see it being "fun" for guys that strike the ball that well. And I'm sure Rory being lucky to break par doesn't really come down to hitting shots from crazy areas. Worst ball scrambles and putting is dumb :ROFLMAO:

Here's one for some fun punishment. Use only a chipper from 100 and in and a Truss putter on the greens.
1638472392175.png1638472426570.png

Play a round from the red tees try to go as low as possible

Play around from championship tees irons only

How's this .... shotgun a beer, walk in circles around your club about 5 times, then play the shot. Repeat until the ball is holed out. See if you can make it thru 2 holes without passing out :ROFLMAO:

Use 14 clubs, but each club has five lives. Once you've used the club five times, you can't use it anymore. See how far through the course you can get. That's 70 strokes. So you're not supposed to make it though the whole course but you can develop new strategies and try to get farther each time you play.

Back