Hey, Welcome to THP!

I lurked and then posted a little. I saw some of the interactions and just figured they were insiders having a good time. It took me a little while to figure out that’s not what it was at all. I’m slow on the uptake, give me a break. This place is kind of like Cheer’s, if you’re old enough to remember.

I lurked and then posted a little. I saw some of the interactions and just figured they were insiders having a good time. It took me a little while to figure out that’s not what it was at all. I’m slow on the uptake, give me a break. This place is kind of like Cheer’s, if you’re old enough to remember.

It’s funny but I had the same initial reaction: I thought the forum was a group of insiders. I was wrong. It took me some time to realize that that was not the case here.

I've only been here about a month when I found the forum looking for info on launch monitors and someone on GolfWRX had a like to a thread here. I'm normally just a lurker on forums but this place has been so inviting I find myself jumping in a lot more than I ever have on any forum before. Thank you everyone for being so welcoming.

It’s funny but I had the same initial reaction: I thought the forum was a group of insiders. I was wrong. It took me some time to realize that that was not the case here.
It’s just different, right? Every other forum, regardless of topic, has operated that way. Looking in from the outside, it’s hard to believe because everyone says they’re different and unique and special. I’m glad I joined and made this my first stop when I got back into golf.

I've only been here about a month when I found the forum looking for info on launch monitors and someone on GolfWRX had a like to a thread here. I'm normally just a lurker on forums but this place has been so inviting I find myself jumping in a lot more than I ever have on any forum before. Thank you everyone for being so welcoming.
I am so glad to hear this!!

I lurked for a good while before jumping in, but have found this a much more approachable group than some of the other forums out there. Not to say they don't have their place, because they do, and I read a few of them regularly. THP though is the only one I'm really active on.

Don't be shy. Post. Ask questions. Also know that the vast majority of the membership here are just regular golfers. Gear heads for sure but a good variety of handicaps & experience. Not just the 'tour gear or bust' crowd.

One of my favorite things to read on the forum is when new members say they decided to 'jump in' or 'take the plunge' by joining and talking on THP.

If you're new here, or you're just lurking, I really hope you feel comfortable enough to post. The THP Community is made up of incredible people from all over the world, with different skill sets, mindsets, ages, and styles. The engagements are always friendly (we make sure of it, but rarely have to intervene), and typically it feels like the best place to talk about golf outside of with your boys at the course. There are loads of golfers who would love to hear what you think about golf, the tour, the equipment, and even what kind of pizza you like!

Take a chance, and dive in. Here's a link to help you navigate THP a bit, and here's a link to the check in desk where you can introduce yourself. Or, just find a thread and say it's my fault that you joined and/or started talking, it'd make my day!

For our regular members jumping into this thread, share a couple words of encouragement to anyone who hasn't made the leap into the regular community chatting fray.

We can't wait to hear from you!

Bringing this one back up. In the aftermath of the excitement generated by the Grandaddy and its live thread, and the coming of the Holiday Cheer Event, we may have some “guests” who are considering whether or not to join this forum.

Two words of advice from someone who was once in your shoes. “Do It”. You will not regret it. I came to THP because of an equipment review. I took some time to understand what the forum was and it took me a long time, more than two years before I became more involved in the forum. But, once I became more involved, I know that I made the right choice. And to this day, I never once swung or hit a ball with the club whose review brought me to THP. It doesn’t matter how you get here. But, once you’re here you may want to consider staying and seeing all that the forum has to offer.

Bringing this one back up. In the aftermath of the excitement generated by the Grandaddy and its live thread, and the coming of the Holiday Cheer Event, we may have some “guests” who are considering whether or not to join this forum.

Two words of advice from someone who was once in your shoes. “Do It”. You will not regret it. I came to THP because of an equipment review. I took some time to understand what the forum was and it took me a long time, more than two years before I became more involved in the forum. But, once I became more involved, I know that I made the right choice. And to this day, I never once swung or hit a ball with the club whose review brought me to THP. It doesn’t matter how you get here. But, once you’re here you may want to consider staying and seeing all that the forum has to offer.
Good call on bringing this back up.

I also came to THP searching for equipment reviews. I definitely found that, but also discovered a group of golfers who were likeminded and shared many other interests. Once I finally dove in, I found that this is really the best place on the internet supported by a community that is second-to-none.

So I stepped away from THP for roughly 3 years for a number of reasons. I logged back in 2 months ago and I'm glad that I did. Missed a bunch of ya.

Good call on bringing this back up.

I also came to THP searching for equipment reviews. I definitely found that, but also discovered a group of golfers who were likeminded and shared many other interests. Once I finally dove in, I found that this is really the best place on the internet supported by a community that is second-to-none.

Amazing community. So different from most on the internet, in such a good way.

So I stepped away from THP for roughly 3 years for a number of reasons. I logged back in 2 months ago and I'm glad that I did. Missed a bunch of ya.

Nice to have you back.

I found THP while trying to find a value for a "vintage" Ping putter Mrs. Reject purchased. I put a $20 grip on it and now I have a Ping worth about $5!! haha

Bumping this back up as we're having many visitors this week checking out Holiday Cheer and trying to win a prize. Hope that in addition to entering the contests for the Holiday Cheer prizes, they take some time and check out what the forum has to offer.

One of the best decisions I've ever made. Wish I would have done it sooner. Every single person I've met here has been above and beyond any expectations I had for them. I'm not an overly outgoing person so it took me a bit to hit my stride here. I still have days where I feel like no one cares about what I have to say on a topic but I throw my opinion out there anyway. I truly enjoy being a small part of this community

Back