Hey, Welcome to THP!

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
One of my favorite things to read on the forum is when new members say they decided to 'jump in' or 'take the plunge' by joining and talking on THP.

If you're new here, or you're just lurking, I really hope you feel comfortable enough to post. The THP Community is made up of incredible people from all over the world, with different skill sets, mindsets, ages, and styles. The engagements are always friendly (we make sure of it, but rarely have to intervene), and typically it feels like the best place to talk about golf outside of with your boys at the course. There are loads of golfers who would love to hear what you think about golf, the tour, the equipment, and even what kind of pizza you like!

Take a chance, and dive in. Here's a link to help you navigate THP a bit, and here's a link to the check in desk where you can introduce yourself. Or, just find a thread and say it's my fault that you joined and/or started talking, it'd make my day!

For our regular members jumping into this thread, share a couple words of encouragement to anyone who hasn't made the leap into the regular community chatting fray.

We can't wait to hear from you!

Have fun. Jump into any conversation, keep it light hearted as text can sometimes be easily misunderstood. Everyone is genuinely looking for good conversation, good hearted debate, and more insight into our choice of addiction that is golf.

Absolutely jump on in. Dip a toe in the THP water to start out with and if you like stay because it's pretty fun.

There's a reason that there have been almost 7.5 million posts here, not because it's a good forum but because it's a community that has a lot of fantastic people in it.

The ribbing is all good natured and the sense of humor of some people range from well thought of aristocratic puns to mind boggling sailor jokes (you know who you are!).

Even though golf is a man's world (or so they think 🤣) this forum is not. I love that I'm welcome here and nothing I ask is scoffed at. Come on wives, girlfriends, grandma's, Aunts, sisters and all the above. Join in the awesome conversations that THP offers, you won't regret it! Oh and reach out to me, I'd love to get to know you and maybe eventually play a round together down the road. :)

Come on in, the water is fine.

The conversation ranges from from folks taking up the game and folks who play very well and have been playing for years and everywhere in between. There are equipment and travel discussions and just shooting the breeze. THP has fantastic golf experiences like The Morgan Cup later this week and chances to test the newest golf equipment.

It’s a great place with great people.

Best place to talk golf on the internet. Everyone I’ve encountered in my short time here has been friendly and helpful. With the vast knowledge and interesting articles by those on staff really make the place special.

If for some reason that isn’t enough the experiences rocket it over the top. So glad I found THP and I bet you will be to if you dive in.

Jump in, don’t be worried, the interactions and conversations you can have here will change your entire perception of not just communities like this, but golf.

Often imitated, but THP is truly one of a kind. (y)

I've only been a member for a little over a year, and everyone I have encountered has been nothing but friendly and helpful.

I'm kind of an awkward dude, and my communication skills are not the best...so I was was bit nervous to jump in. I'm so glad I did. I've had the opportunity to play with a few THPers and even a couple of staff members. All really solid people that I would tee it up with any day.

THP is the best place on the internet.

It’s always tough to jump in as a new member because you think your thoughts will fall on deaf ears or feel like you are repeating something that has been said. I would encourage anyone to engage and let the conversation flow.

Don’t worry about anything other than having some good conversations and potentially making new friends.

Jump on in, this is the best golf site, by far!

No Richards allowed, so it's safe to comment anywhere on anything from golf to pellet smokers and right back to golf ;)

Jump in and join the fun!

Honestly "jumping in" was one if the best things ive done in the last few years. Tons of good conversations, and loads of fun competitions to follow along with our even participate in. Good people and an incredible amount of mediocre golf.

So true! I never post an any other online forums, and lurked on THP for awhile before posting. But once you get involved here, the community is so great it’s like 2nd nature to come back and keep posting.

Jump on in, you’ll be glad you did…

When I made my first post back in March of 2017, I was literally afraid that no one would respond. I found out that people here do respond and they make everyone feel welcome.

There is no better place to discuss golf or a more welcoming place on the web. This community is amazing and very helpful. Dig into those thread, enter for some amazing experiences and have fun! You found an amazing place.

Or, just find a thread and say it's my fault that you joined and/or started talking, it'd make my day!
I've told you this many times but your post drive last year was the reason I decided to give this place a shot. So thanks again for that friend!

To anyone new or looking to join, you really won't find a more inviting place. THP is a close knit community but there's always room for anyone that wants to be here! It's really something special when you decide to interact and get to know all the amazing people that frequent it!

I've told you this many times but your post drive last year was the reason I decided to give this place a shot. So thanks again for that friend!

To anyone new or looking to join, you really won't find a more inviting place. THP is a close knit community but there's always room for anyone that wants to be here! It's really something special when you decide to interact and get to know all the amazing people that frequent it!
It just... makes me awkwardly happy to know, every time you tell me hahaha

This place is SO worth the time.

Come join the fun and fellowship on THP! You’ll be enriched by this community filled with great people and great dialogue every day. It’s ….

I signed up on THP after lurking for a few months - reading all sorts of club reviews at first. Eventually I had a question that I couldn’t find an answer to and decided to sign up. It’s always a little nerve-wracking joining a community and being the “new guy” but I was welcomed immediately.

My first few months were a little quiet as I was still finding my THP voice, and since I was newly returning to golf.

I made sure to sign up for the Albatross Club after seeing all the benefits and understanding how THP supported St. Jude’s. Shortly thereafter I was lucky enough to be selected for a THP Experience where I met some phenomenal THP’ers in person. I was floored by just how natural it all felt. I knew then that THP was a place like no other and really felt like a part of something special.

When I got home, I wanted that feeling to continue and to help build this community, while showing that all skill levels and walks of life are treated equally here. So I jumped in with two feet and it’s one of the best things I’ve done.

There are so many amazing ways to be engaged here. Between club building, equipment reviews, skills discussions, and everything from movies to bbq, there is bound to be a thread for you. And then there are all the other engagements like THP Secret Santa, and football pools!

The door is open, come on in!

Agreed with everything everyone else has said!

Jump on in, no one here bites :)

and we absolutely love conversation about golf or anything else.

THP is a true paradise. I found this place looking for club reviews. Thanks to THP, I not only have a great golf gear and been fortunate to be part of amazing experiences, but I've forged lifelong friendships. Those friendships, in real life and those still only virtual, are the true magic this place has for anyone that is willing to take what seems like a risk and actively participate in this forum. It will give you way more than what it takes to be part it.

As you engage and meet other THPers, you will feel as if this is the place you've belonged all along.

So say hello and dive in. THPers are a special lot. All it takes is you lending your voice and you're one of us.

Back