High school, like it or hate it?

Worse--Tacoma.

Oooh. Sorry.

My kids like it here in Oregon, but then again, it's the only place they've lived. Schools here are good, they've got lots of friends and are successful in all the things that teens want to be successful in.

I HATED IT until my transfer as a senior then it was indifferent. My wife drove 3 hours to go to her 10 year reunion and I won't drive 10 seconds towards mine. I have had people I hardly knew in high school try to be friends on Facebook and I can't click ignore faster. Most people after this amount of time are just being nosy. I am bitter about a lot of stuff back then but I have plenty of friends now why would I go back to someone who was merely an acquaintance back then. Love some trust few is my slogan. Sorry for the rant.

Oooh. Sorry.

My kids like it here in Oregon, but then again, it's the only place they've lived. Schools here are good, they've got lots of friends and are successful in all the things that teens want to be successful in.

I figure that at least I'm not one of those who peaked in highschool.

This would have been a fun poll question. It seems like 50/50.

I had a great time in high school. The only thing I hate is tests. I hated them in college even more, but I have just always struggled with them. The thing I miss the most is summers. Once you get working you never get 2 months off anymore. Vacations are 1 week usually, if you are lucky 2 weeks, but unless you are out of work, you just don't get that kind of time to enjoy life. If you are out of work you are so stressed about finding a job it is hard to enjoy the time off.

My best friend from high school is still my best friend today, he was the best man in my wedding and I in his. We are lucky to live in the same area now. We often laugh about people we hear about from our high school days. I love hearing what they are doing now.

Maybe it's bad but I am not a live in the past kind of person. And this is totally just me, but high school is over, I feel no need to re-live those days.

But for some people that's all they had or have. High school was thr high point of their sad lives & it's all down hill after that. I have zero to do with anyone I went to school with, helps that I now live 3 hrs away from the place.

Ran into one of the guys when I was about 31-32 or so, first thing he tells me is "I got a job!". Wow that's great, you have a freaking job, welcome to life butthead. next thing he says is "want to go grab a beer?" Told him no, jumped in my car & couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I have had people I hardly knew in high school try to be friends on Facebook and I can't click ignore faster. Most people after this amount of time are just being nosy. I am bitter about a lot of stuff back then but I have plenty of friends now why would I go back to someone who was merely an acquaintance back then. Love some trust few is my slogan. Sorry for the rant.

I agree with most of what you wrote. I had friends in school & of course it was the typcial school with the geeks, jocks, burners & the social outcasts. I hung out with a combination of outcasts & burners. Couldn't stand the jocks as they acted just like you see in the movies, tough guy with buddies picking on anyone who wasn't a jock. I grew another 2" after high school & put on 75 lbs of much needed weight. If I attended a reunion there is still some left over anger that i'm sure would pop up & most likely a fight & cops being called would be the end result.

Not an adult attitude obviously but it's the way I feel.

Hated high school. I didnt fit it, was bored in class and all in all felt like it was a huge waste of my time.

I can't stand it. I'm in 11th grade now...and I just hate it.

All the teachers at my school SUCK. (and somehow we're an "A" school). It's like they do stuff just to fail you at times. "Oh, you don't get it? Test tomorrow."

idk, if there was one phrase for HS...it'd be "Pisses me off."

My high school collapsed during the earthquake of 94 when I was in the 10th grade. For the rest of that year school was only from 12-3, it was awesome. I got in so much trouble during that semester. One of my favorite memories was partying before school, eating 2 lbs of imitation krab and drinking a quart of chocolate milk then letting it go all over the hallway. Good times.

I went to a small Catholic HS. I had a good time - must have been the uniform.

I went to a SMALL Catholic HS. Can't say I enjoyed it too much. Same with college, couldn't wait to graduate. I guess I was never really a "student."

I went to a small Catholic HS. I had a good time - must have been the uniform.

Now, now, Diane--you're going to give all the guys Catholic schoolgirl fantasies! :desire:

Did you have to kneel down and prove that the hem of your skirt touched the floor?

Now, now, Diane--you're going to give all the guys Catholic schoolgirl fantasies! :desire:

Did you have to kneel down and prove that the hem of your skirt touched the floor?

Not even close - We hemmed them as short as we could get away with and sewed the pleats down halfway to make them as tight as possible.

Back