High school, like it or hate it?

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
What are your memories/experiences from high school? Do you remember it fondly or do you despise the time spent there?

I hated it & couldn't wait to graduate. Have never gone back & never will. My 30 year graduation reunion is coming up next year & I will do the same as did for the others, avoid it like the plague.

Wasn't any one reason why I hated it either, just the combined experience of the classes, teachers, clique groups, etc.

High school rocked, I barely remember it at all.

I actually liked it, had a lot of good times. I don't talk to any of the old crowd much anymore though and I skipped the class reunion.

High school? No question about it. I had fun. :banana: Pulled a lot pranks. Had more than a few girl friends. Had a fast car. Messed with some of the teachers. Messed with the rich kids. Excelled in 4 sports, golf not being one of them. Passable grades. Some drugs, sex, and alcohol prepping for college. Probably 15 of us from a senior class of 150 still see each other on a regular basis. Some of us are even in business together. :clapp:

I enjoyed high school. I had to miss my 30th reunion this last summer and was bummed. All my best friends are high school friends. Of course all of them went the Catholic high school and I went to the public high school. I dated a number of Catholic girls with whom I'm still friends.

So maybe I enjoyed the Catholic high school in town.

Kevin

I never got an invitation to my 10 year reunion. Maybe ill have to wait until my 15 or 20 year. Im going to tell everyone I invented the "post it". You can usually catch most of my high school class at the local TGI Fridays. Either working there or just hanging out.

High School was the time of my life. Small town, few rules, little parental restrictions, lots of illicit activities and rock and roll. I played in a rock/r&b band and I can only say that it was heaven.

I still have friends from HS who I communicate with regularly. My bass player just got in touch with me and we have revisited old times via FB. They are planning a reunion (35th) before long. I missed the last one. I plan to be there this time.

I actually liked high school. It was a town high school and not one of those mega regional schools which I think made it better as everyone knew each other. We just had our 15 year reunion last year but I had to skip out due to a baby. Looking forward to the 20 year one.

I hated high school and couldn't wait to get out. I was the nerdy type haa haa, but graduating #10 in my class, not too shabby :) I :love:'d college!! College was fun!!

I got the invite for my 10 year reunion...had no interest to go, actually, none of my friends went. I still have really good friends that I met in high school!

Loved High School. Played a lot of sports, surfed a ton and did all the other things that teenagers do in Socal. Haven't made it to any of the reunions thus far, but am not ruling out any in the future. I still talk with about 10 or so of my old friends, though I really only get together with 2 of them once in a while.

Loved high school. I had a high school sweetheart, all conference in baseball, senior year classes were a joke, and every weekend was a party at someones house (sometimes mine). I have my ten year reunion next year. I plan on going for sure.

I have a little bro in high school right now. I tell him to live it up while you can.

Last edited:
I did not enjoy grade 10 at all, but grade 12 right now is so easy. I go to school from 8:30-11:50 every day. I currently have only 3 classes, with no exams whatsoever coming at the end of the year.

The only part I hate about school is getting up early.

Your looking at it all wrong Dent. Dont look at it like getting up early but as going to bed really late.

I did not enjoy grade 10 at all, but grade 12 right now is so easy. I go to school from 8:30-11:50 every day. I currently have only 3 classes, with no exams whatsoever coming at the end of the year.

Did you skip grade 11?

Kevin

High School was a blast, play varsity soccer my three years. In the old days High school started in 10th grade. Had math teachers that care enough to push you and get you into college. I still keep in touch with my friends in the soccer team. Have never been to the class reunions.

Enjoyed HS, one of my teachers is now a teacher at my kids HS. Still keep in touch with a handful of my old friends. FB is a neat tool to re-connect with lost relationships. Looking forward to my 25 year reunion this summer.

High school was alright but I didn't make the most of it like I could have. My classes were a breeze since I never studied or read a book and only got a couple of B's in my 4 years. Playing football was awesome, especially when knocking out a few opponents... oops. Me and a few of my buddies (we were horrible at basketball) would be used to scrimmage the girls for their basketball practice. Of course the parties were fun because you always had to sneak around to keep the parents unsuspecting. I wish I had the personality I do now because college broke me out of my shell.

I still keep in touch with a few of my high school friends but not too many. Most are still at home working the factory jobs and trying to be as "cool" as they were back then. I had to miss my 5 year reunion because of poor timing, but I really want to make it to my 10 year.

I didnt care for it. I went to one of the huge class 5a schools in the D/FW area of Texas and I think our graduating class was around 1100. Something like that. Lots of snobs and asswipes in my school. And we sucked at football which in Texas is a bad thing. I have to drive by that stupid school every time I visit my parents since its across the street.

tolerated it

High school sucked a whole bunch for me. I started varsity baseball for three years, but my coach hated me because I was not a country kid. I went to a smallish hick school after I moved from Va Beach, VA. I was a nerdy kid who was really athletic and I didn't fit in anywhere. I finally found some good friends who were band nerds. It is hard to enjoy high school when you are an intelligent jock stuck between two worlds.

I did have that one teacher who made a difference in my life with his teaching style and his philosophical thought. He was the only redeeming thing about HS that I can think of right now.

College is a different matter. College was the best. I didn't have many girlfriends in high school, but when I got to college, the girls decided that they liked guys like me.

i loved highschool. it was a small school and everyone knew everyone. we all partied together, played sports together, hung out together. i played every sport i could, went to all the homecoming dances and proms, experimented with just about everything and still managed great grades. i still keep in touch with most of my close friends from those days. for me, college was even better, especially being in a foreign country.

I hated highschool. I hated all the rules and hated living at home. I couldn't wait to be on my own. I am such an independent person and I hate being told what to do so for me highschool sucked. I loved college, I didn't mind the classes because I got to choose what time I wanted to go and I was finally on my own and free to make my own decisions.

When we were at the PGA Merchandise Show there was a girl there that remembered me from highschool and had asked if I was going to our 10 year reunion next year. My answer was definitely No.

When we were at the PGA Merchandise Show there was a girl there that remembered me from highschool and had asked if I was going to our 10 year reunion next year. My answer was definitely No.

And you immediately followed that up by saying, "but you're cool" ?

And you immediately followed that up by saying, "but you're cool" ?

lol I actually felt kind of bad because when she asked I sort of chuckled with this "you are kidding right" kind of chuckle and said no. I asked if she was going and she said "oh yeah I think it's going to be so much fun".

Maybe it's bad but I am not a live in the past kind of person. And this is totally just me, but high school is over, I feel no need to re-live those days. It's not like they were bad, I had lots of friends, got good grades, got along with my family, it wasn't that it was a bad time it's just that to me it's over so it's time to move on. Same thing with college, I know so many of my college friends are still going out and getting hammered and wishing they were back in school. I thought college was the greatest time of my life but that part of my life is over now too and I have responsibilities. I know I am not the norm but so be it.

Back