Honma TW737 Hybrid Preview

I'm kinda digging the shape of this one. The face looks huge for some reason, like there's a lot of room and forgiveness there.

Sounds and looks great!

This looks very nice indeed

Any details on the Vizard shaft. The deep face on a hybrid is interesting.

I like the look/shape and it isn't as deep as I initially thought. The price point seems solid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I like that Honma is making strides into the USA market. I've always liked the look of their stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good reminds me of my M1 hybrids, any info on Vizard shaft??

Any details on the Vizard shaft. The deep face on a hybrid is interesting.

The Vizard shaft is made by Honma and is used by a number of tour professionals on a variety of tours. This one in particular is a newer model with a mid kickpoint. It's a lower torque shaft that is mid 70s in weight (other options are available) that is made up of Carbon, Nickel and Titanium.

Hope that helps.

The Vizard shaft is made by Honma and is used by a number of tour professionals on a variety of tours. This one in particular is a newer model with a mid kickpoint. It's a lower torque shaft that is mid 70s in weight (other options are available) that is made up of Carbon, Nickel and Titanium.

Hope that helps.
The one in the 727 Driver was really really good.

Really curious about these. Hit the previous model of this on a sim recently and really liked what I saw. Great feel and launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the look of that, and the face reminds me of a fairway wood which is good.

I've been spending some time with this hybrid lately and there are some things that stand out to me. The foot print is compact, it's certainly the hybo that Honma aims at the guy who wants to work the ball with. Shape wise, I call it stubby, but what it reminds me of is the Cleveland Classic hybrid at address. I haven't found it to be overly forgiving, but Honma has others within their lineup that should fit that bill. The sound is really good, next time out I will try to grab some for you to hear. Flight wise, I get a little bit of a right to left with it, which if you've played with me this year, you know that's something kind of new.

I liked that Classic hybrid. Liked the DST even more.

I think this is one of the best sounding hybrids out there.

I liked that Classic hybrid. Liked the DST even more.

I think this is one of the best sounding hybrids out there.

O'Carroll hitting it, it sings a completely different tune than with me haha
But yes, the sound is really good.

O'Carroll hitting it, it sings a completely different tune than with me haha
But yes, the sound is really good.
I had my "haven't picked up a club in three weeks" swing with me that day, but came away really, really impressed with this one. I had trouble launching my gamer hybrid, and then when I did, it was fanned out to the right. I found this one easier to launch and with the confidence that came with that, a straighter ball flight as well. And the sound is right where I like it too.

I had my "haven't picked up a club in three weeks" swing with me that day, but came away really, really impressed with this one. I had trouble launching my gamer hybrid, and then when I did, it was fanned out to the right. I found this one easier to launch and with the confidence that came with that, a straighter ball flight as well. And the sound is right where I like it too.

Distance on par with that you are expecting?

Distance on par with that you are expecting?
I only swung it on the range, and there were multiple targets (numerous distance stakes and a pesky tree bordering the right side), but it appeared to my eye that it was carrying further than I would've expected (than my gamer, or any other hybrid I've played in the past).

I only swung it on the range, and there were multiple targets (numerous distance stakes and a pesky tree bordering the right side), but it appeared to my eye that it was carrying further than I would've expected (than my gamer, or any other hybrid I've played in the past).

Interesting. This new line that they are bringing to the US (TW737) has impressed me quite a bit.

Hey Deano, quick question, how would you compare this one to the Apex hybos? I know neither of us are big on those types of comparisons, but, with the more workable type performance you saw with this one, I can help but be curious if there are some similarities as to me the Apex are one of those types of hybos as well.

Man, that hybrid looks good!! I've been impressed with Honma's offerings. Hopefully they really start getting into the US market this year.

Hey Deano, quick question, how would you compare this one to the Apex hybos? I know neither of us are big on those types of comparisons, but, with the more workable type performance you saw with this one, I can help but be curious if there are some similarities as to me the Apex are one of those types of hybos as well.

I'm not dean and he has spent more with this one than I have, but want to chime in and say this one launched higher for me.

Man, that hybrid looks good!! I've been impressed with Honma's offerings. Hopefully they really start getting into the US market this year.
They're going to, full TW737 line will be available over here and they have hired a complete US marketing crew as well. Big things coming from Honma.

They're going to, full TW737 line will be available over here and they have hired a complete US marketing crew as well. Big things coming from Honma.

Cool! That's good to know!

I'm not dean and he has spent more with this one than I have, but want to chime in and say this one launched higher for me.
This makes me more intrigued. You know me and my search for higher flight.

there are some similarities in that neither are a big footprint and feature more of a direct hybrid for iron replacement. I found the Apex to be a bit better on misses. This one with toe contact I could feel the toe turn over more, if that makes any sense. At address, Apex looks longer heel to toe for my eye, whereas this one has the more compact toe shape, yup toe shape.

Remember at the show when we held this one next to more forgiving model? They were like two completely different hybrids.

82ef9767ffaf2c750d5e5773b0dbf492.jpg

Back