Honma TW757 Hybrids

It doesn't go out of bounds lol. Miss hits off the toe are dramatically decreased but it still draws it back around in the fairway. It's a fantastic club off the tee for long par 3's.

Another couple great shots by the hybrid today. Hit one wayward drive on a par 5 into the adjacent fairway ... 2nd shot had to go over trees to the layup area. Perfect shot for the hybrid. Mind you I wouldn't have been able to elevate it that high with the 2 iron, which this replaced. Perfect! "Great shot" ... "Wow, can't believe you got that up and over those trees so easily."
"Wow, you don't see many Honma clubs in many bags," I said yeah ... thanks to THP I have one. Huh? What's THP? So .... 3 more people should be on the site very soon. After that long conversation about what THP was.
Love this hybrid in the bag! It's becoming a favorite club.

Got out for a bit today. 15-20 MPH winds were on the menu. Had a couple of opportunities to hit this. I can crank it out 200 if I really hit it. Today dead into the wind and I was able to put it a hair back in my stance lean forward a bit and hit a nice low line drive into the wind. Ended up getting about 185 out of it. 2 holes later hitting it downwind from 250 out on a par 5 and just hit my normal swing and got it nice and high and I ended up about 30 yards from the green with a 220 yard shot. Handy stuff in the elements. Much more versatile than the 7 wood I replaced with it.

I've had this video sitting in my drafts that I've been meaning to post here. I went to a sim to get some numbers last week. I'm hitting this Honma so pure right now. It's a magical feeling when you hit this one on the screws.

I need to normalize my launch with the Honma. 13-14º is ideal for me.

Also as much as maybe I'd like it to the 3 Fli-Hi can't beat this Honma out of the bag. Honma will be going with me into 2023.

Last edited:
Glad to see you guys still hitting these. I like mine a ton. It's in the bag for 2023. The shape of it just really appeals to me for some reason. It's kind of become my second favorite club in the bag behind my PW. I feel like I can kind of do what I want with it. I can full swing, but it's also a great club for getting out of trouble or slinging one low with left or right curve on it. Last night was out messing around and ended up tree hooked from my drive. I was able to close the face, place the ball about 2 balls back of normal, hit a 3/4 swing and hook it around the tree and ended up getting some roll into the fairway to get back in paly with a short pitch to the green. The hook shot around the tree ended up going about 165-170. Really long for that type of shot for me.

Glad to see you guys still hitting these. I like mine a ton. It's in the bag for 2023. The shape of it just really appeals to me for some reason. It's kind of become my second favorite club in the bag behind my PW. I feel like I can kind of do what I want with it. I can full swing, but it's also a great club for getting out of trouble or slinging one low with left or right curve on it. Last night was out messing around and ended up tree hooked from my drive. I was able to close the face, place the ball about 2 balls back of normal, hit a 3/4 swing and hook it around the tree and ended up getting some roll into the fairway to get back in paly with a short pitch to the green. The hook shot around the tree ended up going about 165-170. Really long for that type of shot for me.
It's firmly in my bag right now. When I absolutely MUST hit a ball 200-210y to a spot its the club I grab or when driver swing acts up and I just want to put one in the fairway no matter what it's the club I grab. This Honma is one of the most 'point and shoot' clubs I've ever swung. The vizard shaft just matches with me so well. I love the feel of it. Such a solid club that I would have no idea about if not for THP. 👊

It's firmly in my bag right now. When I absolutely MUST hit a ball 200-210y to a spot its the club I grab or when driver swing acts up and I just want to put one in the fairway no matter what it's the club I grab. This Honma is one of the most 'point and shoot' clubs I've ever swung. The vizard shaft just matches with me so well. I love the feel of it. Such a solid club that I would have no idea about if not for THP. 👊

I couldn't agree more. I finally got it back from my friend who had been gaming it off the tee for a while now. I ended up buying him a Demo 3 iron stiff from Honma and got my 21 degree back :)

It's a lovely club, long par 3's it's lethal. I ended up switching out the grip AGAIN and went with an oversize and I love it. Excellent hybrid. 21 degree is now total distancing around 190.

I replaced my 25 degree Epic fairway wood with this club. It has less loft but a shorter shaft, but the ball flight is about as high as the fairway wood. I can choke down and hit it 175 or full swing it around 190.

I use it now (most of the time) on second shot par 5's and long par 3s or if I have a horrendous tee shot to get me back in the hole. Great out of the rough.

Been playing quite a bit the last 2 weeks as it’s been very dry here in Louisville. Hit some real nice shots with this hybrid. It’s a very powerful feeling club when struck well. I also played a sim round where I probably hit my favorite shot with this club. I was 195 out on the legendary 8th hole at Pebble Beach. I blasted one they just rolled off the back right of that tiny green. Set me up for a clean sim chip and a one putt par.

Still playing this and its going to be in my bag this year as part of my headcoveriest bag ever. Rolling with a FW, UW, and 3 Hybrids this year. This will be my longest hybrid and my 190ish club.

After several months playing it this club has really nice forgiveness to it and also is super easy to flight the ball low with. I find myself hitting a lot of recovery shots with it. It’s also greatlow off the face. Flattens out the flight a bit but still get plenty of distance. It’s got a really comfortable presentation as well.

It’s back in my bag for this season as well. It’s my super reliable 200y club. I use it on almost every par 5 second shot at my home course.

I have a different experience from @DataDude though in that I find this club incredibly easy to launch. I get a nice high ball flight that usually lands soft.

have a different experience from @DataDude though in that I find this club incredibly easy to launch. I get a nice high ball flight that usually lands soft.

Mine is easy to launch, it’s just easy to flight also. I was more referring to a toe down punch out from the woods that goes 150 yards still. A well struck shot has a really nice flight to it for sure.

Mine is easy to launch, it’s just easy to flight also. I was more referring to a toe down punch out from the woods that goes 150 yards still. A well struck shot has a really nice flight to it for sure.
Ah gotcha. I usually use my 5i for that kind of running punch shot but you’ve got me curious about the honma. I’ll give it a try (hopefully not for a while :ROFLMAO:)

Ah gotcha. I usually use my 5i for that kind of running punch shot but you’ve got me curious about the honma. I’ll give it a try (hopefully not for a while :ROFLMAO:)
If you’re switching from an iron be careful. Hybrids are hottttt as punch out clubs. When I first started I punched out of trouble and right back into it on the other side of the fairway a few times 😂

Bump this thread again for anyone looking for a good hybrid. (y)

I usually don't get a lot of opportunity to hit this in most rounds. But yesterday I got to hit 3 times ... once off the tee on a long par 3. It was playing about 200 yards to the front, with a back left pin. The green was deep from front to back though, so it was playing more like 225 yards to the back where the pin was. I was honestly looking to just hit it anywhere to the middle of the green, like I do on most long par 3's. I hit a nice high draw (which is so easy to do with this club) that started at the middle & turned over. It landed in the middle & checked once & stopped on a dime. The ball flight was just what I was looking for in this club. So much higher than the boring trajectory I had with the 2-iron.
2nd time was out of the rough, layup on a par 5. Ball was sitting down, so the 3-wood wasn't going to get thru, out comes the hybrid. Perfectly designed for a shot like this. All I wanted to do was advance it as far as I could down the fairway. It slid thru that rough like it was knife going thru butter! 😲 the sole design seems to glide thru tall grass so easily. No way I would have been able to do this with the 2-iron, which this club was supposed to replace in the bag.
3rd shot ... was a punch out of the trees. This is the only real "problem" I have with it. Only because it launches so high, so quickly, I can't keep it low enough like the 2-iron. If there are hanging limbs, I'm forced to play it so far back in my stance that I sometimes hit it fat. So either the shot trumbles out just a few yards or it hits the limb & drops straight down having to hit the shot all over again. This is a shot I'm still practicing. So time will tell.

This club does exactly what I wanted it for ... a good replacement for the 2-iron. The same distance but with higher launch. It will be in the bag for quite some time. My only harp on it was the stock grip ... not a very good grip, but an easy fix.

21 degree regular flex shaft.

As I have become more adept at hitting it, it now has replaced my fairway wood on some course. The carry is easy 200 with a nice draw ball flight, more a long my swing profile. I love this club off the tee on long par 3s, 190 - 210 it's a life saver and on second shot par 5s it's a really nice club. If I have a decent amount of room on the fairway it's my go to, if it's tight then I will generally hit a 3/4 6 or 7 iron about 175 total. Even on some really short par 4s like 300 I have hit it with some success.

As mentioned previous toe strikes are really nice, the club has a knack of keeping the ball in play.

It's a really nice hybrid. The only other one I have hit that was comparable from a performance perspective was the Old Nike 21 degree and super callaway from a few years ago, but that one gets a little wild at times whereas the Honma seems like a more precision club.

Is this Honma still in anyone's bag? It's still in mine for now

Lately, I've been battling the dreaded 'hybrid hook' with it. I'm not entirely sure why. Has anyone else battled the lefts with it?

Is this Honma still in anyone's bag? It's still in mine for now

Lately, I've been battling the dreaded 'hybrid hook' with it. I'm not entirely sure why. Has anyone else battled the lefts with it?
I've been thinking and maybe a shaft change would help with the lefts I'm seeing lately.

Does anyone have thoughts?

I've been thinking and maybe a shaft change would help with the lefts I'm seeing lately.

Does anyone have thoughts?
Are you hitting it pretty square?
I didnt battle the left with this model, but have with other hybrids.

Are you hitting it pretty square?
I didnt battle the left with this model, but have with other hybrids.
Mostly yes. But when my toe side miss comes out it's a violent duck hook. The usual miss with this club isn't that. It's more of an overcooked draw.
For the majority of my early testing of this club is was straight as an arrow money for me. But over the past 3-4 months I've reworked my swing path and added some speed through training. I'm thinking that kicked this off.

Mostly yes. But when my toe side miss comes out it's a violent duck hook. The usual miss with this club isn't that. It's more of an overcooked draw.
Hybrids do have gear effect, so that makes some sense. If you watch the latest WITB, you see Vosh mention why he made a switch and that part was pretty interesting.
I haven't had the duck with these, but I think any time clubs get longer, it comes into play.

Now that I’ve calmed down my swing tempo my toe side miss and big hook has died down I’m back to being in love with the 757 hybrid.

The issue I was having is when I really try to swing fast my hand path works inside and I hit it on the toe (with all clubs). So long as I keep reminding myself ‘smooth is fast’ I hit very pure 210-215y shots with the Honma and it’s back to being nearly impossible to get out of my bag.

This kind of swing tempo I need to put on it.

I think I've figured out why I enjoy this club so much. The shaft is a great fit for me. I'm not sure what Honma did with the Vizzard shaft but I can really feel the load/unload zone really well. That helps with my timing and putting good smooth swings on the ball. I love this club. It's one of the only clubs in the bag right now that I feel 100% comfortable that I know exactly where it's going.

Last week I hit a 200y shot to under a foot for a tap in eagle. Might be the best shot of the year for me.

This one is still securely in the bag for me.

I'm going to experiment around with a Cobra King Tec hybrid in the 5 iron spot and depending on how that experiment goes I may order it in the 19* spot and have a little battle with the Honma 757.

My buddy ended up putting this in his bag, but it's been hammered to death lol. Fantastic hybrid

@JB @That post

Just a follow up.

My friends dispersion w/ T 200 2021 irons from 5 through AW are wider than the 21 degree 757 LOL.

We aren't good..... But man he pulls off beautiful draws with it. 234 performance average per shotscope.

Back