Houston Area THP group

I haven't played Memorial Park in years and would love to do so but that process to get a resident card sure looks daunting.

I haven't played Memorial Park in years and would love to do so but that process to get a resident card sure looks daunting.

Yeah, it's a pain for sure. Pain for a tee time, pain to verify residency, pain to park. That's why Gus will always reign supreme for me as the premier city course. Though it's still a pain to get a tee time at Gus during prime hours.

Lemme see what I can do... though, in my opinion, someone paying non-resident rates for Memorial is cruel and unusual punishment. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice course, but it's not $150 nice. Regardless, you tell me what your schedule looks like and I'll see what I can do. Preferably at least a 2 week+ notice since that's when the booking window opens up.
I'll swing it. Heck we pay $120 for Cowboys and that's discounted. I did see they are closing the course at the end of the month to aerate so might need a few weeks. So probably after Easter? I'm pretty flexible right now.

I'll swing it. Heck we pay $120 for Cowboys and that's discounted. I did see they are closing the course at the end of the month to aerate so might need a few weeks. So probably after Easter? I'm pretty flexible right now.

But at Cowboys at least you can ride in the Tony Romo or Roy Williams cart. I'll put a word in and maybe we can get the Bun B or Patrick Swayze cart at Memorial.

bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals.gif

But at Cowboys at least you can ride in the Tony Romo or Roy Williams cart. I'll put a word in and maybe we can get the Bun B or Patrick Swayze cart at Memorial.
And the food.....always the food there too. But to play w/ my good buddy $150 seems like a steal to do. *Insert being sweet animated gif here*

Please add me to the list.
Retired so I can play anytime. Closest course to me is Hermann Park and I play there about three times a month.

Have some dates now for @HarlettoScara so I'll be looking at some courses and getting ready to book some tee times. We will be looking on playing Oct 9 and 10 for sure along with the requisite dinner and evening shenanigans.

Anyone looking to join up just let me know! Happy to make a block of tee times and we can talk dinner spots and reservations

Definitely interested!

Have some dates now for @HarlettoScara so I'll be looking at some courses and getting ready to book some tee times. We will be looking on playing Oct 9 and 10 for sure along with the requisite dinner and evening shenanigans.

Anyone looking to join up just let me know! Happy to make a block of tee times and we can talk dinner spots and reservations
Needless to say….I’m in

I'm definitely in for Oct 9, the 10th will be more of a week before decision whether I can call in sick to work that day.

I’m in!!

I'm just getting back into playing.... I live on the south side between Houston and Galveston....

Quick question.... are there any golf repair shops down here now besides Golf Galaxy over by Baybrook Mall?.... or does GG repair shop get good reviews? I don't need anything major, but will need some lie angle adjustments...

Golf Galaxy is the only big one. There is a little shop called Big O's golf in a shopping center at hwy 3 and main street in League City that I've had regrip putters a few times over the years.

Golf Galaxy is the only big one. There is a little shop called Big O's golf in a shopping center at hwy 3 and main street in League City that I've had regrip putters a few times over the years.

Golf Galaxy it is then, though I'll stop by Big O's sometime I'm in the area to check it out. Not too far away from me in Alvin.

Thanks for the help!

I know it’s a long shot, but is anyone playing in the morning and has an open spot?

Have an early, dew-sweeping tee time at Cypresswood on Nov 20 at 7:24 AM if anyone is interested.

Went and played Greatwood today on a whim. My wife was telling me she has to go out there in the morning to sell windows and that I should go play it. Nice track.

Went and played Greatwood today on a whim. My wife was telling me she has to go out there in the morning to sell windows and that I should go play it. Nice track.
I’ve not been out there in a while. Last time I played it, I had to end after 9. Fairways were a mess, tee boxes were chewed up and greens were hairy.
Hopefully they fixed it

I’ve not been out there in a while. Last time I played it, I had to end after 9. Fairways were a mess, tee boxes were chewed up and greens were hairy.
Hopefully they fixed it
The greens were pretty decent but people don’t seem to like to repair their pitch marks. I would fix 5 or 6 per hole. Tee boxes were fine, fairways weren’t awful but lots of water still.

I like the layout of that course. It needed some tlc last time I was out there but I would play it again.

I like the layout of that course. It needed some tlc last time I was out there but I would play it again.
I would play it again too. I’ve definitely played worse in the area

It’s 2023 and it’s time to get a regular group of THPers out playing. I know we all have varying schedules and commitments, but I think we can do once a month as a group. I have a more flexible schedule working 9/80’s but know others can’t do a Friday round of golf. Personally I will have to coordinate around my girls soccer games/tournaments, but can find one Saturday or Sunday each month to meet up. I know Jacob (Jank) has a larger group that plays more frequently, but I’m not sure how full the group is and don’t want to add to his games if the numbers don’t work.

Off the top of my head we have
@mikeg_74
@Slowmo
@Jank
@Bryndom
@badolds
@Jmk202

If I missed anyone let me know and I’m happy to set up the rounds once we can confirm who can play and any other details. Looking forward to 2023 and getting us out regularly.

Back