How Are You Doing?

for me, a lot of death lately (seems very morose but I have no other way to put it)...outside of losing friends and my uncle, life is fairly peachy.

I just got a call from a friend in Beverly Hills asking if he, his wife, and their 3 year old could come stay with us for the night as protestors seem to be all around. He says he can smell smoke from burning tires in their home.

Of course I said yes, but I fear it will be a long night.

It’s been very busy the last few months with a ton of time spent at work during off-hours. Lots of requests for information from all types of people/groups/organizations in regards to decisions made and/or plans for future.

At home, I’ve bought a membership to the local course and have been playing a fair amount of golf as a stress-relief. Very much looking forward to the end of this when things are back to whatever normal will be.

Golf has honestly been my grounding point through all of this. Be it THP, putting practice in the basement, or finally getting onto the course to play... for that, I am thankful.

With everything that's going on in the world right now, I just wanted to check in to see how you're doing.

Got something to talk about? Chime in.

Your friend,

SB
It’s good of you to ask. I hope you and your friends are okay. It’s been a rough stretch for a lot of people these past few months.

things are good considering the state of the world, the granddaughter and family are healthy so everything else is just background noise. Had the back go out Friday morning (no idea why) which was tough, but a trip to the chiropractor and not doing much of anything yesterday has helped and I excited to play this morning and try out the Paderson iron shafts.
Thanks for asking and stay safe, I am pro cop x1000% but that crap was uncalled for, set us back again after a lot of gains which I give live PD a lot of credit for.

Things here are still at SIP with the exception of golf being allowed. Now with the so called protesters it’s not pleasant. Fortunately I live in a smaller town and it’s pretty quiet here. Today I have to go to work and it’s not been quiet there. Hopefully there will be no issues with violent protesters. Stay safe out there.

I live maybe 4 miles from downtown Louisville and work a block or 2 away from the area that getting destroyed right now. No one is working downtown right now, but seeing the images is terrible. I don't think our country can take too much more right now. There is so much anger towards each other it is really tough to see things getting better till people start to be open to changing their mind about things.

In disbelief at what has transpired after what seemed like 2020 was going to be so promising.

Stay safe!

Upright and breathing is always good. Going to be a beautiful day

I just got a call from a friend in Beverly Hills asking if he, his wife, and their 3 year old could come stay with us for the night as protestors seem to be all around. He says he can smell smoke from burning tires in their home.

Of course I said yes, but I fear it will be a long night.
Between COVID and the riots and the very recent uptick in crime in general, we've about decided that city life just isn’t worth it. The wife and I stopped going to our home in the city and instead are mostly living at a rural place we have where the riots barely make the news and they’ve had a total of 3 COVID cases in the entire county. We can shop with no lines and no masks, go to restaurants like normal people, play golf any time and people wave to each other just because that’s the kind of people they are. We’ve talked about selling the place in the city once the market is a little better but then things could go back to normal in a few months so who knows. We’re fortunate in that I can work remotely from just about anywhere but I really feel for those stuck in the city being hit by the virus on one side and the looters on the other. Your friends are lucky to have a friend like you who can help them out in times like this.

Doing better since we were able to get back to church, even though it was capped at 175 total people compared to a normal service of approx 300 adults not including staff.
Things around here are trying to get back to normal which is good since we are a rural city.
Hope all is well with you!
Everyone stay safe & aware.

Doing better since we were able to get back to church, even though it was capped at 175 total people compared to a normal service of approx 300 adults not including staff.
Things around here are trying to get back to normal which is good since we are a rural city.
Hope all is well with you!
Everyone stay safe & aware.
I am an associate pastor at our church. It was nerve racking trying to plan to allow people back in the building. We are doing our best to keep everyone safe and people are being respectful. I am thankful just to see everyone every week again. It's so nice being together again.

I am an associate pastor at our church. It was nerve racking trying to plan to allow people back in the building. We are doing our best to keep everyone safe and people are being respectful. I am thankful just to see everyone every week again. It's so nice being together again.
I'm part of our security team & yes the logistics to comply with health dept to getting back to service is crazy & it seemed everyone was understanding.

A lot of protesting/vandalism/rioting/whatever you wanna call it going on downtown right now, about 20 minutes away. There’s a citywide curfew from 10pm tonight until 6am tomorrow. Crazy.

Outside of that, absolutely beautiful weather today and got to enjoy a good lunch on the patio at a local restaurant. A small sense of normalcy was nice.

As long as I stay in my own little bubble - life is good.
The second I veer out into the outside world I wonder how on earth we got to this point and it's depressing.

A lot of protesting/vandalism/rioting/whatever you wanna call it going on downtown right now, about 20 minutes away. There’s a citywide curfew from 10pm tonight until 6am tomorrow. Crazy.

Outside of that, absolutely beautiful weather today and got to enjoy a good lunch on the patio at a local restaurant. A small sense of normalcy was nice.
Stay safe I've seen some comments from rioters on social media saying they wanted to start pushing the riots out into suburbs.

Stay safe I've seen some comments from rioters on social media saying they wanted to start pushing the riots out into suburbs.

I did see that happening in quite a few cities. I sure hope that doesn’t happen here. We are thankfully well defended at home and the police presence is quite heavy.

Back is a little sore in an odd place today... Hit some chips today to try and loosen it up... Swing is feeling great after analysis of round yesterday...

I am exremely anxious and scared for our nation. Covid, riots, work worries. It is unlike any time I can remember in my 63 years.

Back