How Far Do You Hit Your Sand Wedge?

Since my CC fitting last month I've been hitting my reshafted irons at an indoor simulator trying to get use to them and trying to lock in the distances I'm hitting with them. All of a sudden with the Cobra Satin King's V 56* wedge that I had reshafted along with my z585i I'm hitting this wedge between 90-100 yds on the simulator. I have never even come close to hitting this wedge that far with the old steel shaft on it. This Cobra wedge is also used as my sand wedge. So it's got me wondering how far do you hit your sand wedge whatever degree it might be?
Not sure about your simulator, but the one I use always overestimates my distance.

Full swing 120. I love it from 105yds though, cause I seem to get stuck with it often and I hit that yardage better with the 54 than 58.

There's a big difference in how far I CAN hit it vs what distance I use it for.

I've never hit it from outside a bunker...so 20yds?

Not sure about your simulator, but the one I use always overestimates my distance.

You could be very right. But until the weather warms up here in Chicago and I can't hit some wedges outside I won't really know if the distances compare at all. :unsure:

Last edited:
Hopefully about 10 yards. Not 1 foot or bladed 130 yards.

Oh you mean on full shots? I never hit full shots with it but I’d guess about 105? Unless I blade it 130 or lay the sod over and it goes a foot...

My 56° is about 85-90y with a "normal swing". I'd say I've hit it from 1y to 150y over the years.

My 54° and 55° wedges are a bit longer. Maybe 1y to 155 to 160 with those.

You could be very right. But until the weather warms up here in Chicago and I can some wedges outside I won't really know if the distances compare at all. :unsure:
Same here at 7,600 feet, but it does wonders for my ego!

Not far enough. I missed a ton of Greens from inside 90 yards

?️‍♀️:mizuno:

54° goes about 85
58° goes about 70

Back