How Frequently do you Double Bogey?

3.3 doubles, 0.8 triples or worse :(

ShotScope has me at 38% double or worse in my last 10 rounds. :eek:

According to Golfshot, I'm at 15%
Lately, it's been 2-3 per round, which was not normal for me for the past 10 years.
I carried a solid 8 cap for a long time, but currently at 11.5 due to the DB's.
My iron play and bunker play have been the issues over the past year 2 years.
If I don't card a double, I shoot 1-2 strokes either side of 80. If there's more than one DB on the card, it's a 84-85, maybe worse. I've had 2 rounds of 91 in the past 6 months.
My putting average is around 32-33 putts per round, so that's not the problem.

A LOT

Apparently, my first round in 6 months and without range work involved several doubles... okay, more than a few. A 622 yd par 5 was one of them at Steyn City near Jo-Berg.

I played in South Africa, where I did not see many level lies. Downhill, sidehill, and the owner of the course has a modest home... with Roman-style aquaducts.

IMG_2785.jpeg

IMG_2789.jpeg

According to Arccos I average 1.8 Doubles+. Moved up this year to 3.1 birdies which is a positive.

Shot Scope has me at 26%, which stings slightly :ROFLMAO:. I took a break from wearing the X5 midway through the season last year so I'm not sure this data is up to date.

Looks like close to 90% of the time. Hopefully new clubs can change that :giggle:

47% of the time are Double Bogey's or +

In contrast 4% of the time is a Birdie.

Thin says 16% in last 18 rounds

GolfShot has me at 6% for my last 5 rounds, 9% for my last 20 rounds, and 18% for all rounds (over 100+).

Kind of in line with this topic.

While watching a You Tube video the golf guy (Tropicana?) on it made a remark after making bogey on a a hole, that it was alright. That at least he beat the double bogey.

I thought that was an interesting mental image to take to the next hole.

2.2. Average for 18 holes for me.

Always think positive.

Last edited:
If you add or worse to double it is 2-4. I usually hit par or bogey, but at least twice a round I have an "Oh ****" hole that ruins my round.

Double bogey for me aren't common. Triple and quadruple bogey? All the time :ROFLMAO:

I’m usually good for at least one blow up hole per round.

My double bogie stat is 2.16 doubles per round. Usually it is the case of a bad drive combined with the inability to get up and down; can't reach in regulation and a bad chip to boot. Fun times.

According to the GHIN app with stats - my last 20 rounds I've averaged 3.4 doubles per round. I think as a 9.5 handicap that's pretty bad.

Doubles have been my biggest issue. I remember one round over the summer where I shot an 81 (+10) with 4 doubles. Just lack of concentration I think.

I guess my goal this year is to get that average down to 2, and the mindset going into each round is to do everything possible to avoid double.

Golf can be so frustrating. My equipment is fantastic and I know my swing can work with good equipment; I’ll never be a scratch golfer, but I should be better at scoring than I am.

Double bogies plague me. It seems like holes are either really good for me or really bad. As much as I like making pars, I would happily turn a few of those into bogies if I could eliminate all of the doubles.

I bring trouble into play all of the time. On Saturday, it was bladed wedges. Other days, it will be bad tee shots or chunky chips.

I keep working on my game and reading books on mental game. But this double bogey problem 25-30% of the holes I play is bothering me. I was just re-reading the thread and wanted to share that I am still struggling with this problem.

IMG_0366.png

According to my GHIN stats so far this year, I double bogey 16% of the time, and make triple or worse about as often as I make birdie (around 3% each).

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.50.55 PM.png

According to Shotscope: 30%. so 5.4 per round.

My last round.....6 pars, 4 triples, 5 doubles.

200.gif

Doubles are easy to make when a combination of things happen for me: poor tee shots and poor short game. I miss plenty of greens and hope to get up and down half the time (a goal, not the norm) so a bogie is the highest I want to make, but a short game that makes 2 putting difficult or a tee game that leaves me searching for my ball can add up. Course management comes into play and aiming better off the tee, but it happens.

My 2024 game shows me double bogying or more 10% of the time. Triples or worse account for 2% of that. Reducing bad shots to 1 per hole help so no hero shots after a bad shot unless I am in match play.

Been tracking this stuff for awhile. HC probably ranged from high 10s to low 14s during the span (152 rounds):
0.02 Eagles / 1.17 Birds / 7.93 Pars / 6.95 Bogies / 1.57 Doubles / 0.35 Triples or worse.
Most doubles was 6 (twice), one of my 5 double rounds also had a triple, most triples was 2 (4 times).
Only 17.1% (26/152) were 'clean rounds' without any doubles or worse.
Quoting my response from early Feb because I've been mired in an extra sh!tty golf slump the past month (14 rounds) as the comparitive numbers illustrate.
0.00 Eagles / 0.85 Birds / 6.77 Pars / 6.62 Bogies / 3.15 Doubles / 0.62 Triples or worse.
Most doubles are now 7 (twice), one of my 7 double rounds also had a 3 triples, most triples are now 3 (once).
0% (0/14) were 'clean rounds' without any doubles or worse

My stats show an average of 3.3 double bogeys per round. :mad:

I have no idea. I try to wipe away any memory of them as quickly as possible.

They really really sting though!!!!

Back