How Long Have You Been Playing Without Making a Hole In One

Bernoulli

Team Hackers 4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A recent thread (again congrats to Space Bandido) about a lucky THPer making his first hole in one has me thinking about those of us who have not been so lucky to even be able to write a "1" down on the scorecard. I got me thinking about how long some of us have been playing this game without making a hole in one. I'll start with the fact that I have been playing golf since 1972 and I have yet to make a hole in one. 48 years and counting. And every time before I play a round, I say to myself of the following:

"May the good lord grant that before my golfing days are done
That I just once score a legitimate hole in one."

Sadly, the good lord has not answered my prayer.

Almost 35 years with no HIOs here.

Never gotten one. Played a bit as a kid. Picked up golf at 22 and played through my 20s. Quit for most of my 30s. Back a year and still never gotten one.

Nearly a quarter century

I am at 20 years since I started playing but if you take the time out I was not playing it would about 10.

36 years

Started playing in 1991, so 29 years this summer with no HIO.

I've had the opportunity to write a '1' on a scorecard before, but it wasn't my own :(

Never. Not once. Damn close, but no.

My prediction? I'm going goose for life.

I've had the opportunity to write a '1' on a scorecard before, but it wasn't my own :(

Never. Not once. Damn close, but no.

My prediction? I'm going goose for life.

I have only witnessed one in all my years.

27 years, thanks for reminding me. I really appreciate it.

In my 6th season. No HIO. I did do some golf things for a couple of years as a kid in the 1970s. That time was not focused and playing was intermittent. I don't tend to count it. But I did play some and theoretically have a shot at a HIO. So 8-9 years total I suppose. One of these days ... I hope.

I'm only at 6 years so I guess I can't complain after seeing this thread. Wife got one not to long ago, she reminds me weekly.

1/8 the way there. And again congrats to the wife. It's funny for the longest time in my family, my mother was the only one who ever made a hole in one. She took up golfing later in life, in her late 60s, once my father retired. One of my brother's has since joined the club, a fact that he reminds me of every time we play (once a week).

Started golfing when I was 16 soon to be 58 I cant count that high but its been like forever!:banghead:

Started playing as a teenager & been hacking away ever since, I'm now 50 & still don't have one. The closest I've ever come has been within 3 feet.

7 years and counting. It took my Dad 20, and even then it was more luck than skill.

My teenage son has played as long as I have and is a better player, but doesn’t have one yet either. He’s hit the pin a few times, but usually gets punished for that by a ball that bounces 20 feet away from the hole.

Lets see...

I started playing golf when I was 14. I turned 40 this year and do not have a hole in one.. So 40-14=26.

But if you calculated the average rounds of golf played is 25 per year for your avid golfer. I pretty much double that number so annually. So 26 X 2(in golf years)=52 years with out a hole in one.

Started playing on a regular basis in 2000, so 20 years. :cry:

Around 20 years now. I've probably had 20-25 that I've put within a foot. Another 10 or so that rolled right by and were within 6 ft. I've had one roll up and hit the pin and bounce back an inch and another hit the bottom of the pin on the fly and roll back off the front of the green.

My buddy is 24 and has had like 10. He's had 3-4 just in the 3 years we've been playing together.

I've been playing for about 20 years without an ace. Been putting them on the green a lot more regularly, so I like to think I took a big step in getting closer haha. Got to get it on the dance floor to have a chance.

My only HOI came on April 10, 1987. So that how long it;s been since my last HOI.

I've been playing for 27 years without one.

Back