How long have you been stuck at your handicap?

I’ve sucked all of my life and handicap is reflective…. Different levels of suck on any given day, but seems to always return to baseline… as evidenced by my last 3 outings…. 87, 74, 91 But it’s so much fun pursuing those low rounds

I’ve sucked all of my life and handicap is reflective…. Different levels of suck on any given day, but seems to always return to baseline… as evidenced by my last 3 outings…. 87, 74, 91 But it’s so much fun pursuing those low rounds

Damn knee!

I've been a 6-7 for about as long as I can remember. I never seem to get much lower and even bad rounds don't seem to affect it much. On any given day I could shoot 74 or 88 it seems. I just don't have a ton of time to practice which is why I haven't sought lessons, I feel like it would be a waste of money potentially. How about you?

are you entering your scores correctly 😂

I don’t keep score anymore

More like damn swing…. 😜 August is coming quickly so I gotta get my game right….so I’ll only need 5 a side from you

he just shot a low round at a tour level course he's never seen. I think you need more than 5 a side.

I've been trending the wrong direction for a while now.
I was in the solid 8-9 range for many years, with my usual scores 78-84.
Injury last summer has my scores in the 85-92 range more often right now :(, mainly due to distance loss and poor iron play.
Slowly getting better though.

To Jdtox
Don't expect to receive much sympathy plateauing at a 6-7 HC...and I see you haven't received any.

To all who have plateaued at a number you wish you could improve upon
There is hope. Like some of the others who have posted, I was about an 18 HC for many years before I broke through. Now I a have plateaued at scratch to +1 for the last 15 years. No complaints here! Several others had a similar experience--long plateau and then progress. They all have this characteristic. Something changed that allowed them to get better.

Some became empty-nesters or retired and had more time to devote to the game. Some took lessons or found a great instructor. Some had the time and desire to learn and dig it out of the dirt themselves.

So just because you've plateaued for a while at a particular number, doesn't mean you can't see improvement in the future. This is a game for a lifetime!

Back