How long / how many rounds do you play the SAME ball ?

Not sure. I don't lose many golf balls -- knock on wood -- and pluck game a ball each round out of the melting pot in the bag ball pocket. Every now and then I clean out and remove found balls and ones with scuffs.

One, after the round it'll go into the 'possible play' pocket unless it's too scuffed, which might make it land in the shagbag.

Till I lose it or it gets a bad scuff. I do try to clean it every hole though.

I play them until they're lost. On average, a ball will last about 3 holes with me.

I played the same ball for 20 holes this weekend before I eventually hooked it into oblivion. I then lost 2 more balls on my next hole.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Used until it's lost or badly scuffed/cut.

Til I lose it, so usually 9 holes or so. Had a nice streak last weekend of almost 30 holes, it was beat up pretty bad.

Usually will retire after 1 or 2 rounds now. I used to use the same ball for 4+ rounds but don't have to as cheap as I once did.

Usually a round or 2 unless it's badly scuffed then then it goes into the shag bag.

I play it as many rounds as I can or it gets too beat up.

Usually, until I lose it. Otherwise, I will play two or three rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68 holes is the longest I used one ball, thanks to a snap hook or it may have been longer....lol...generally 2 rounds at most.

I play until I lose her. all the courses I play on have tons of water hazards, so I do usually 2-3 balls a round. I did have one last 2 rounds on me once. That was lucky.

I'll retire it after 2 rounds to the shag bag.

I start each round with two balls in my pocket; one new , one experienced. I use the new ball when there is no water in play off the tee and the experienced ball if there is significant risk of finding water on any shot.

If the experienced ball survives the round and is still in good shape it might get another chance. The new ball, if it survives, becomes an experienced ball for a future rotation.

If I hit a cart path or tree the ball is usually retired.

I will play the same ball as long as I can, until losing it. Scuffs etc aren't much of a bother for me, since I usually end up losing a ball soon enough to get a new one in play.

For casual rounds, I will play it until I lose it, unless it develops a major scuff or a cut. Competition rounds won't necessarily be with a new ball. But, the ball will be near mint. I'll switch out if something happens to the cover. If it's a city championship, state or USGA event, I'll start with a new ball and switch it out if/when something happens to the outer layer.

I will play a ball until it is either lost or scuffed up where the scuffs are noticeable. Then they are repurposed to my shag bag of practice balls.

Same. I usually lose them before I get to that point, but this weekend I played a ball for 16 holes the previous round and went another 8 with it Sunday. It looked like it had been beaten to a pulp so I dropped back in the bag and played another ball for the rest of the round.

When I got home it went in the shag bag along with the other random ball I found on the course.

Until I lose it. I would guess the number of balls I've ever taken out of play is no more than 3. Those had significant cuts in them as scuffs do not bother me.

18 is my best. Sliced it into the woods on the first hole of my next round.

Back