How man of you on the site are members of golf courses?

the pros......3 1/2 (or less) hour rounds of golf......never having to come up with a group to play with. Every Saturday and Sunday morning any member just shows up and plays. We play with whoever we want and take guys teeing off anywhere from 6:00 Am to 10:00AM. If you want in "the game" you simply sign up and pay $20. You then randomly draw for teams when the first large group is done. You do not play with your partner. We normally play 2 man teams and take 1 "net" score per hole. We then pay front, back, and total. occasionally if we think we have enough "captains" we play 3 man teams taking 1 net and 1 gross each hole. The winners always put money behind the bar for everyone to have a few cold beverages on.

I’m a member of a County Club of Columbus. Love the Donald Ross design, the club house and the members.

I would love to be a private club member after seeing how great it is playing with Antihero and Chosen1, conditions are so good and the pace is always great. Sadly there are only 3 private courses in town and two of them don't want outside members so stupid expensive and the third is owned by Public's (or the family) so it is reasonable but the monthly food/bar demand seems crazy to me @ $675, I guess if you spent a lot of time there not golfing it would not be hard to hit the number but there is no pool so the wife would not be interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would love to be a private club member after seeing how great it is playing with Antihero and Chosen1, conditions are so good and the pace is always great. Sadly there are only 3 private courses in town and two of them don't want outside members so stupid expensive and the third is owned by Public's (or the family) so it is reasonable but the monthly food/bar demand seems crazy to me @ $675, I guess if you spent a lot of time there not golfing it would not be hard to hit the number but there is no pool so the wife would not be interested.

Is that Lone Palm? Wow I've always heard it was reasonable but I never knew the food minimums were so nuts. I love that course.

Yes Lone Palm, I had a friend who is an ex Publix administrator and he had them make me an offer. It was a couple of years ago and the initial payment was $3,500 but the crazy food thing seemed unreasonable.

It is not that close to the house and we just couldn't see spending that much eating there every month.

Currently a member at my local military post golf course. Very reasonable price.

Im a member of a semi private facility. It is $360 a quarter and that gives me no green fees, daily mens gangsome, tourneys, practice facility and deep discounts on merch and apparel. Also it comes with the use of the pool for my wife and kids. This is a no brainer for me.

I am a member because it is convenient for me to be one. My home course is less then 5 minutes away and I never need a tee time. I just show up and play. It doesn't hurt that they have free range balls included in membership and they also have a youth program included in membership and my 3 year old already has the itch. With that said, I still play other courses because I like playing at different places as well. Usually when I do that though its on a whim or with some buddies who are not members of my home course. On really busy days, there is a nice 9 hole course not too far away that is usually not too crowded and I play there. I have a lot of public safety buddies and play with them at another local course that gives them a discount to like $19 for green fees and cart. One of the pros at that one is who I usually take lessons from and he tends to slide me the same rate when I am there with them. Its $18 for cart rental at my home course so not much difference. Considering the amount I am playing right now, 3-4 times a week weather permitting (some of that is 9 holes walking for exercise and building stamina) it only makes sense for me to be a member near my house.

I belong to a private country club. It is in the neighborhood where I live. My criteria for a neighborhood where I look to buy a home is that it has a private club, the club has a stable business model, and I can own my own golf cart.
Other than when I have lived in apartments or rented...I have belong to private clubs since I was 28 years old (44 years now).
Does not mean I don't play other places because I do. I belong to 2 traveling golf leagues and play in the MGA at a club where I used to be a member.
I play in the SMGA at the club where I am a member and live. We have organized play days on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I like it because I don't have to mess with tee times. It is very easy to get out at our club when not playing in the SMGA. I am not bashful, I will ask anyone can I join them if I am playing early in the day. Also, it is nice to go out at 5 in the afternoon and finish 18 holes with no problem.
Don't have to pay for range balls and hit all you want to hit. Plus, the food at the club is good and so are the margaritas.
I learned a long time ago to not try and justify the cost of belonging to a club solely on green fees/cart fees. Generally during daylight saving months, I probably get in enough golf to justify my dues; During the winter...not so. But, that is not what it is about for me.

Back