Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No Hyrbids

Votes: 26 14.9%

• Total voters

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I use to hate hybrids. I couldn't hit them no matter how hard I tried. Then maybe a year or so ago I got a 5 Callaway Steelhead hybrid to test. After a few rounds I figured it out and grew to really like it so I added a Steelhead 4 hybrid. Then for some reason my ability to hit my 6 iron disappeared. I was so frustrated with my 6 iron play that after a few weeks of struggling with it I decided to swallow my pride and I purchased a Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 6 hybrid. I loved it!! So the natural progress occurred a few weeks ago and I picked up a Fli Hi 7 hybrid just to see how I got along with that. And another winner!! I just find them (especially the 6 and 7) easier to dial up or back distance wise depending on what shot I need. I am considering replacing the Steelheads with the FLi Hi hybrids, but still on the fence about it. I know to some that having mid iron hybrids sounds a little extreme, but It only took my a few swings to realize that I would rather hit the ball better than to worry about what others thought about the clubs are in my bag. So I am rocking 4 hybrids now and hitting the ball better than I think I ever have. I still hit my share of stinkers each round, but I am having more fun and my scores are improving. One of my buddies keeps ribbing me about not having hardly any irons in the bag anymore and my response is usually that the 8 and 9 hybrids are on order and that I am looking for wedge hybrids all the time!!

So anyway, I was curious as to how many hybrids y'all carry hence the poll.

I am a recent convert to hybrid. Currently only have a 3h but been mulling around the 4w/2h swaparoo. Currently use 5w turned down to 4w. Wonder if going 2h instead would be better.

I hit a decent 4 iron so only carry the 3hybo 19*

I carry a 3 & 4 hybrid, and might even try a 5 hybrid soon.

I am testing out a 5H (again) so currently have a 4 (21) and 5 (24). For my speed I think it makes sense.

I just carry one hybrid that takes the place of my 3 and 4 irons. My first iron is a 5 iron.

One right now. I've carried as many as 3 at a time and carried 0 for about 6 months or so recently. Love my 4h.

I now have 3 in the bag.

I put a 20* in the bag when I replaced my (really) old set of irons with a set with no 3-iron. I thought I hit it OK, at times, but was never consistent with it.

I found cheap 20.5* 3/4- and 23.5* 4/5-hybrids. After one range trip, I instantly knew these were a lot better for me than the 20*. High, straight, and long. I took the 4-iron out in favor of the 4/5-hyb, and have not looked back since. That 4/5-hyb has been a blast to hit, especially off the tee.

Most recently, I pulled a 16* 3/4-fwy out in favor of a 2/3-hyb turned down to 16*. Jury's still out on this switch, but early returns are favorable.

I don't have any. I've never hit one.

I have carried a 2H for at least the last 6 years. This year with the new bag I went for the 5W instead. I think I am go back to the 2H at some point though.

I used to carry 3 in my old bag, a 20, 24 and 27 Ping G25. With my new Cobra setup I've just got the one at 24 degrees and interested to see how it pans out without the other two there. Am slightly concerned about the 5 iron which is what my 27 was a replacement for and just automatic out of any lie, but time will tell...

I carry one hybrid. I carry one in place of a 4 iron.

3 hybrids because I don't carry fairway woods... 2h, 3h, 4h then drop to 5i

One. with the potential to be zero in the near future. As my iron stricking has gotten better, but hybrid game has gotten much worse. I developed the yips with it. I'm not out hitting my 4H with my 5i. so.....I will be picking up a 4i of some type soon. and putting the 4H in timeout.

Ping G400 3, 4, 5 hybrids all with the same ALTA CB 70 shaft, and Golf Pride NDMC white/black grips and I love them.

My first hybrid was around 2002 and was a Hogan 2h or something with a steel shaft. I am also 51yrs old and rarely practice and want things as simple as possible.

I am testing out a 5H (again) so currently have a 4 (21) and 5 (24). For my speed I think it makes sense.
Adding a 5h and dishing the 6i, the same reason, for my speed it just makes sense.

Usually 1 (4h), sometimes 0 (4i replaces 4h) and occasionally 2 (4h and 5h). Subject to change when the Hogan VKTR+ and UiHi hit the demo program

Adding a 5h and dishing the 6i, the same reason, for my speed it just makes sense.

Yeah, my problem has been an overlap distance wise with the 4h and 5H. This little experiment is a little different:

4H = rogue 21* 85G 39"
5H = big Bertha 24* 95g 38"

so far I have been really pleased with the distance I am getting and also how much better my contact has been with the 5H vs a 5I, but I think I am only 3 rounds into it so far.

Technically I’m carrying a 5H but I never use it. I’ve got an Adams number on the way that I hope I’ll get along with more.

I have a 19, 23, 27 Titleist 818 H1's. The 2 gets swapped out for my 3w occasionally. It could have lost it's spot to the EXS demo 17 degree though. We will see.

I liked the idea of a hybrid but for whatever reason, seemed to hit it poorly. I got rid of a 3H I had a while back and put a 5W back in the bag.

I’ve got a 3h and 4h that came with my iron set. I’d honestly prefer regular irons the way I hit my hybrids, but I haven’t tested clubs in about a decade.

I carry 2 right now. An 18* and a 20*

I only have a 3 hyrid. It's an old Cobra Baffler that is about 12-13 years old.

The lone 19* old trusty . One of my favourites to hit as I can go high/medium and low with it

Back