How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

One-time initiation fee was $2K when I joined (now $2500). Membership is $229/month, so $2748/yr. Unlimited golf (two 18 hole courses) and range, two week advance reservations (public is 1 week), 10% discount on all pro shop and restaurant purchases, no food/bev minimum. Carts are $120/month for unlimited, or $15 per round. If you have your own cart, the trail fee is $80/month.

The courses themselves are nothing fancy but they're fun, almost always in good condition, and pace of play is good. They're not lush high end resort courses, but they're not goat tracks either.

One course I pay 1100 for the year, the other I pay around 360 a month for the family membership

$695 Senior pass for M-F, walking. Two city-owned 18 hole courses each about 3 miles from home. One is a very nice hilly full-sized course ( Leslie Park) and the other an executive course (par 67, 5,000 yards - Huron Hills). $16 for a cart. I have to play around 40 times to hit the break even point. I bought the pass mainly for the convenience of going out and playing as few or as many holes as I like in whatever weather there is. Plus there was a lottery this year as the number of passes is now capped at 65. On a lark I put my name in and was selected. I figured it was a sign. 😉

$134 a month for unlimited golf and range balls. Carts are $19 each
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

More than I tell the Doc it is. 🤣

My wife pays the bills and balances the checkbook. I actually pay the country club bill but she sees how much it costs. Every once in a while she asks me if I know how much we spend at the club and I just say that I do.

I'm in same boat as Canio here in Fairfield County, CT. There are very few semi private clubs and those typically cost between 5k-7k for a golf only, cart & cart path required, limited golf membership. Typical fees to the serious private golf clubs in Fairfield CT are $50k+ (Initiation fee) then $100k membership. Daily fees are around the same as Canio for both semi private & public courses.

Last summer, I was fortunate to be offered via my instructor at his club a limited golf membership at $2500. This gets me unlimited range M-F & after 3pm on weekend, $7 XL buckets before 3pm on weekend, $35 rounds with cart M-F and after 1pm on weekends(without cart) discounted cart on weekends ($15 instead of $25), use of facilities including a locker/club & storage (has $50 food minimum, but that can be two post round 19th holes), advanced tee time booking (5 days vs 14 days for full membership), and a handicap.

The big bonus for me is since my instructor plays out of the club I'm a known entity in the pro shop. This has paid off as I've gotten some preferential treatment (ok, taking cookies to the guys does help) like my discount as a single before 1pm on weekends & sometimes just go!

Needless to say, I just renewed.

@MaryC !! That IS a great deal, especially in Fairfield County. Glad to hear you were able to renew for the 2024 season!

I'm at a 9 hole track (same general area) and we're at... just under $4k for a single membership, all-in (to upgrade to a family membership, it's like another $400/year) That includes golf (no restrictions at all) and all cart use. There are no additional fees and no tee times. Weekend mornings and league nights (Mon/Tues after 5) can get busy but many days and weekends after noon, it's just walk on and start your round. There is no minimum spending and membership is fun bunch of people to play golf with. No range available but we do have a pro with access to another facility for lessons, or you can take advantage of playing lessons on-course. If i really wanted range time, there's a big facility 5 minutes away. From what i see.... that's about the best deal available in my area. The beauty of it all.... it's a little more than a 5 minute ride from either work or home!

$4500 a year or so, doesn't include carts but unlimited range/practice facility access. Not too bad.

Club I'm looking at is $30k initiation and then $650 per month plus $19 cart fee per round. It's an equity membership and I'd get back 50% whatever they are charging for initiation at the time if I leave

$3,000 per year. Unlimited range balls, $29 cart fees.

The club where I was previously a member is in the process of reopening after bankruptcy and ownership change a couple years ago. A filthy rich guy from out of town bought it, and what we're hearing right now is he's going to be looking at $30K initiation fee, $600/month plus a $300/month food and beverage minimum (he's a restaurateur, so that checks out), and an additional $700/year trail fee if you want to use your own cart. And the course isn't even that good.

There are plenty of places where people wouldn't even blink at those prices, but this ain't one of them. He'll have a very small membership for a couple years, then he'll end up selling the place when he gets tired of shoveling money into the furnace. Rumor is that the only reason he even bought it was because a bunch of his rich buddies own golf courses and it was a "bucket list" thing for him.

Annual membership $2100 per year. Unlimited range balls and $18 green fees (riding or walking). Green fees without membership are $65-$100. Tee times booked 10 days in advance (7 for general public) - this is more important than it sounds.

Includes discounts for guests. Discounts for equipment and apparel. Discounts for food and beverage. Reciprocal $18 green fees at two other nice local courses. A bunch of other small stuff I’m forgetting. Not a bad situation.

That being said there’s a country club I’m considering with a $10k initiation and two courses that’s a pretty solid deal, but it’s a 30 min drive and I’m still not sure how I feel about that.

About $360/month for unlimited golf and range for my wife and me, and includes a trail fee to use our cart.

The club where I was previously a member is in the process of reopening after bankruptcy and ownership change a couple years ago. A filthy rich guy from out of town bought it, and what we're hearing right now is he's going to be looking at $30K initiation fee, $600/month plus a $300/month food and beverage minimum (he's a restaurateur, so that checks out), and an additional $700/year trail fee if you want to use your own cart. And the course isn't even that good.

There are plenty of places where people wouldn't even blink at those prices, but this ain't one of them. He'll have a very small membership for a couple years, then he'll end up selling the place when he gets tired of shoveling money into the furnace. Rumor is that the only reason he even bought it was because a bunch of his rich buddies own golf courses and it was a "bucket list" thing for him.
Not sure how the initiation fee compares to the area but the monthly fee and trail fee don't seem unreasonable. The $300 a month F&B minimum seems pretty high though. I could maybe see that per quarter. My club only has a $30 F&B minimum. Meeting that has never been an issue haha.

Edgewater, depending how old you are/last time you were up here, it was once known as Maple Birch.
I think my Uncle Tweet plays there. I've played it a couple times, some fun holes there!!

The resort course I’m on the waiting list for is $3,600/year with unlimited cart and range included. It’s on Golf Digest’s top 100 You Can Play list so it’s a killer dealer for the quality of the course and conditions. They only have 35 memberships so it’s likely another few years before I can join. In the mean time I pay $2,600 year cart included for a 45 hole resort course that is also a very good facility that hosts a Canadian(Mackenzie) Tour event each August.

Per year, $500 Single, $600 Couple, $700 Family (children 23yrs and under)
Cart storage is extra.

It's about $1100 plus $850 cart pass CAD.

Back