How much are your yearly Golf Membership dues?

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
I can get a membership on Ft. Belvoir Army Post for $740 per year. That doesn't include cart or range balls but they do have two 18 hole courses. I normally walk but you can get a cart for $15 a round. I am retired military.

How much do you pay for yearly golf dues where you play?

At the course we are joining, it is 65 a month.

$375 for the year and $10.70 more when I ride. Range balls are $2 small $4 medium and $6 large. The $375 is the senior rate.

Last edited:
One good thing about going back to school is some of the college discounts. The course I am going to buy a membership at is $195 with a valid college ID. It doesn't include a cart and I have to pay a $5 greens fee every time but it is a tough price to beat.

$535 gets me a free pass to three local courses but that does not cover a cart.

400 at my course but i don't use it because i only play there half the time and with junior rates it is only 8 dollars

Well the cheapest yearly rate around here is going to be $2500 for the year, if you want to join one of the private clubs your initiation fee is going to be about $18000 or more, and then about $3000-$4000 a year.

Seniors with cart included are $600 per year, individuals $1000 year includes cart, families $1200 year with cart. Obviously we have a lot of seniors who have joined. I get to play free since I'm an employee.

I recently looked into a membership at a nearby Canongate course which entitles you to play many nice courses in our state. It is $119 per month plus about $24 each time you play or $6000 down and $375 per month (family) with no extra fees when you play. There is also a $280 per year range fee that must be paid. Ouch...our course is not the nicest around but I can play free. :)

I pay $1500/yr at my local course for unlimited green and cart fees after 12pm. This also includes a range pass which gets u buckets for $1 and $2 compared to $3 and $6.

$495 for me. Extra $679 if you add a cart, but I'm still walking this year. Another $100 to add the wife.

Well the cheapest yearly rate around here is going to be $2500 for the year, if you want to join one of the private clubs your initiation fee is going to be about $18000 or more, and then about $3000-$4000 a year.

About the same here in Lexington, KY for the 2 cheapest clubs. The next tier is more like $5500 a year. Above those, I didn't even bother calling to find out.

$360 a year for unlimited range balls and $16 twilight golf. Or $1400 for anytime golf w/o cart.

$360 a year for unlimited range balls and $16 twilight golf. Or $1400 for anytime golf w/o cart.

Sigh.. What i would do for unlimited range balls...

A semi-private nice course costs between $5,000 to 7,500/yr. A decent 9 hole will run around $2,500/yr. Daily fees average around $45 to $135 a round. So, a person will pay around $1000 or so for 3-4 rounds a month for the season. Range balls are usually $6, 8 and 10 for buckets. The higher daily courses are very impressive, but who wants to pay $85+ a round? Plus, most of the courses are cart mandatory and cart path only. Some have walking after 2 or 3pm. And the courses get a ton of play! I drool when I read about $15 rounds and $2-4 bucket range balls. I could play 2-3 times a week at those rates.

About the same here in Lexington, KY for the 2 cheapest clubs. The next tier is more like $5500 a year. Above those, I didn't even bother calling to find out.

Cheapest I've found so far is $3500, next tier is about double that.

Sadly if I lived in the Okanagan instead there are a lot of nice places for under $2000

A semi-private nice course costs between $5,000 to 7,500/yr. A decent 9 hole will run around $2,500/yr. Daily fees average around $45 to $135 a round. So, a person will pay around $1000 or so for 3-4 rounds a month for the season. Range balls are usually $6, 8 and 10 for buckets. The higher daily courses are very impressive, but who wants to pay $85+ a round? Plus, most of the courses are cart mandatory and cart path only. Some have walking after 2 or 3pm. And the courses get a ton of play! I drool when I read about $15 rounds and $2-4 bucket range balls. I could play 2-3 times a week at those rates.

I'm in same boat as Canio here in Fairfield County, CT. There are very few semi private clubs and those typically cost between 5k-7k for a golf only, cart & cart path required, limited golf membership. Typical fees to the serious private golf clubs in Fairfield CT are $50k+ (Initiation fee) then $100k membership. Daily fees are around the same as Canio for both semi private & public courses.

Last summer, I was fortunate to be offered via my instructor at his club a limited golf membership at $2500. This gets me unlimited range M-F & after 3pm on weekend, $7 XL buckets before 3pm on weekend, $35 rounds with cart M-F and after 1pm on weekends(without cart) discounted cart on weekends ($15 instead of $25), use of facilities including a locker/club & storage (has $50 food minimum, but that can be two post round 19th holes), advanced tee time booking (5 days vs 14 days for full membership), and a handicap.

The big bonus for me is since my instructor plays out of the club I'm a known entity in the pro shop. This has paid off as I've gotten some preferential treatment (ok, taking cookies to the guys does help) like my discount as a single before 1pm on weekends & sometimes just go!

Needless to say, I just renewed.

I play at a private couse in the centre of the country, it's regarded as one of the better courses in the area too. Full membership is £979 for the year, but I only pay £499 as I'm a 24 year old (they have a sliding fee scale for the U30's to encourage younger members)

I've done some research into other nice clubs in other parts of the country, i.e. if I were to live near the Welsh/English border I could play the course that Ian Woosnam grew up on for only £180 for the year and full membership is only around £450

Ours is $725 total for a husband and wife membership. Comes with free range balls, free pull carts and ability to sign people in for cheaper than normal rates.
That being said you can't get a membership here without first buying an expensive house. But hey gotta live somewhere right?

Tappin to the oldies

I pay 450€ a year + 1€/16 Rangeballs
The club is regarded as one of the best clubs in Germany and the Headpro is Top3 ... Just saying cause I can't believe what you pay for good clubs in the US ... "$50k+ (Initiation fee) then $100k membership" ... that's crazy ...

The public I play at has what they call a Players Development Program. $99 a month includes unlimited range balls anytime, Free golf including cart after 3pm 7 days a week and group lessons every Sunday from May through August. Also get you a 10% discount in the pro shop, bar and restaurant

The city membership I buy is 450 for a year and you only pay 5 dollars to play 9 or 18 walking. They offer a membership that's 1300 dollars and you don't pay anything and get a cart every time you play. With the the membership you can play any of the 6 city of Dayton courses.

Public courses range from about 650 up to around $1000, not including the cart. Most of the private clubs are way too much for me to think about, but there is one that is highly regarded and only around 1,500 for a guy my age. No pool though, so it kind of takes away from the 'club' feeling imo.

first year joining a private club
Had a deal, you get 50% off of the first year dues if u find someone else to join.

So im into mine for $885 for the year for unlimited golf, if I want a cart, its $14 for 18 holes

Quarterly food and drink minimum of only $75

only thing that really sucks is that they dont have a range, its shag ur own balls

For $400 around here you can get an advantange card that gets you 50% off of greens fees at about half a dozen courses. When it comes to actually joining a club, the cheapest I've seen lately is about $3200 + cart fees & range balls & required dining and up for a junior single, for a family its about $4000. The next tier up starts at 12-15k easy.

I mathed it out a few times, I would have to play 3 times as much as I currently do in a year to break even on joining a club vs playing on public courses in this area.

yeah for me, it wasnt hard to sell my wife on the idea

it was either a 3.5-4 hour round at a private course, or a 5 hour round on the weekends plus driving time....

Back