How much consideration do you give wedge shafts?

Decent amount of thought, some trial and error with test builds, but nothing in the way of knowledge. I think I prefer steel shafts in wedges(?) but it's more likely I just haven't tried the right graphite shaft.

Do you give your wedge shafts much thought? Do you roll with stock? Or just play what always has worked?
I probably spent 1/3 of my recent wedge fitting discussing shafts and spin rates. Majority of my shots into greens are with wedges.

Honestly very little. I almost always play stock

Wedge shafts matter, but I don’t think about it just ask Danny.

Wedge shafts matter, but I don’t think about it just ask Danny.
Haha nice to know a guy huh?

I don't know a guy, so I just play stock or what's in my irons.

Haha nice to know a guy huh?

I don't know a guy, so I just play stock or what's in my irons.
The guy is going to be answering questions during Shaft Up, we all have a guy.

I want something that flows with my iron shafts so it's all pretty similar

I use to have just whatever came in the wedge. This last set I have matching shafts to what is in my irons. I really like the way it has worked out.

The guy is going to be answering questions during Shaft Up, we all have a guy.
Audience Secrets GIF by Alayna Joy

I have generally played whatever is stock in the 115g range as I play 95g iron shafts. I have been thinking about trying something different lately though.

i know "stock" wedge shafts are not a fit for me

When buying wedges i always look for a designated wedge shaft... hi-rev 2.0, kbs 610, PX wedge, steelfiber wedge, etc...

however after my fitting at KBS my fitter said most people are better off with the same shaft they play in their irons. I've know thats the case for the gap wedge but he even said sand and lob would work very well also. I played $-taper 125 in irons and 130 in my wedges the past 2 years. When i went to the fitting i had steelfiber wedge specefic shafts in them and the fitter said i hit the $-taper 130 shafts much better and more consistent. i felt and saw the same thing

Not nearly as much as I should. I really don't think I'm getting as much spin as I need with the stock DG S200s but I hit them well compared to my irons

Same shafts as my irons, continuing the progression.

Have always given it thought since early 2000's... from KBS to Nippon to Steelfiber to Nippon and now custom fit into Nippon 105 Wedge Shaft. My irons are 95g. I am not concerned with the weight difference.

Last edited:
I give a lot of consideration to wedge shafts.
I usually have them built to the same as my irons so the feel is "Consistent" through all of my irons

Do you give your wedge shafts much thought? Do you roll with stock? Or just play what always has worked?
Interested in your take sir... Where do you fall on the convo? Your sig (which I learned to take with a grain of salt) shows the Dart's in your Vokey's and your Apex's-- so where do you stand?

Interested in your take sir... Where do you fall on the convo? Your sig (which I learned to take with a grain of salt) shows the Dart's in your Vokey's and your Apex's-- so where do you stand?
Usually with whatever is sent to me to review 🤣

I’ve tried them all, I don’t really have a favorite.

I play with what I was fit to.

I don’t give them much thought. I actually have a lot of success with off the rack wedges

Definitely not stock wedge shafts. I have Nippon Zelos 7 regular shafts in my Vokey SM10 wedges.

I always went stock until I did a wedge fitting. Now I know that I really like the Modus 125 wedge shaft.

I have now put two of the BGT ZNE shafts into my wedges. The 115 gram in my gap wedge and the 130 gram in my lob wedge.

I’m liking them a lot and will be on the lookout for another shaft to put into my sand wedge.

Funny, have these (BGT 130g) in my prior wedges and just bought new ping S159s with KBS tours. Prob swapping them for the BGTs or some S400s I have.

I probably spent 1/3 of my recent wedge fitting discussing shafts and spin rates. Majority of my shots into greens are with wedges.
What did you go with in your wedge shafts?

What did you go with in your wedge shafts?
LS 6.5 in my 52 and 46 and LS 6.0 in my 60. I dont have anything between 52 and 60. I create a ton of spin which is why we had to discuss shafts so much.

LS 6.5 in my 52 and 46 and LS 6.0 in my 60. I dont have anything between 52 and 60. I create a ton of spin which is why we had to discuss shafts so much.
I went down a flex from my irons as well. You don't have them in hand yet, do you?

Back