How much consideration do you give wedge shafts?

I went down a flex from my irons as well. You don't have them in hand yet, do you?
They are sitting in the shop waiting for me! They say for your 56 and up you should step down 1 flex. Softer, slower shots. 52 and lower you want stiffness and control.

They are sitting in the shop waiting for me! They say for your 56 and up you should step down 1 flex. Softer, slower shots. 52 and lower you want stiffness and control.
Sweet. I have my regular shafts in my PW and GW. Went down a flex in my 53 and 58.

Sweet. I have my regular shafts in my PW and GW. Went down a flex in my 53 and 58.
JB can call me a skimmer because I read this too quickly and thought you started playing A flexes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t think too much since I’m not a full swing wedge player. I did choose graphite for my next wedges however, just because I’m getting old.

I have played wedge specific shafts for a long time in all of my wedges. Currently I have the Tour V wedge shafts which are 125 grams and stiff plus which is firmer and heavier than the KBS Tour V stiff flex shafts I play in my irons, this brings launch and spin down a touch which helps me control the distances a bit more. I have KBS .610 wedge shafts in the set of SM10 wedges I have in my Titleist bag.

I haven't given much thought to wedge shafts and usually play what is stock. Not sure why considering I give thought to the shaft choice in other clubs. I did choose shafts a little closer to what are in my irons, though slightly heavier, for my incoming Edel wedges to have a little better transition from iron to wedges.

In the past, I gave it very little. However, moving to graphite shafts in my wedges has been a game changer. Added spin and a higher trajectory allows me to pull off shots that I struggled with in the past.

Years ago, if there wasnt a DG Spinner shaft in a wedge I wouldnt even look at it!

Back