How much do you pay for greens fees?

I always tried to keep it sub $50. Probably closer to $30-35 on avg. Prices have gone up the last 10 or so years for sure. About $3-5 a yr at the muni.
Walking 99% of my rounds always helped on the price. Nicer courses twilight rate might be it.
Hate to think of riding more as I age. Gets kinda spendy with a cart, and I like walking. I could see getting my own cart if I moved on/near a course.
Oh: and might look into a patron card or two. Usually about $75 for those it seems.

Varies quite a bit depending on timing, a nicer course around here on a weekend will run you $60-80 with a cart. Weekday you can usually knock $20 or so off that. If you're looking to golf on the cheap (like me frequently) the twilight rates are usually pretty good. Favorite course is (walking) $24 after 3, and $17 after 4:30 for all you can fit in.

Seems like the average cost around me is $65 on weekends. I can also play for $35 but those courses are more a lower quality of fairways, greens and bunkers.

$80 bucks is my tipping point for local courses that I play. If it is something that I haven't played before, I will go higher, but I generally like to stay under $80.

Premium courses here are $110, low end courses are $70. Every other course slots somewhere in between there.
If you're willing to join a "public players club" at a few courses you can knock the $110 down to $90ish.

20-50 depends on where I Golf and the time, obviously.

$35 off season to $50 in season, upwards of $75 if I really want to play a course

$50-110ish usually on weekends.

I try to keep the green fees under $40. On a rare ocassion depending on the course I might pay a little more.

30-80 bucks (with cart) depending on the course. Generally sits around 40ish for most courses locally

So for you guys in warmer weather areas, do rates change with the seasons, or stay the same?

I'll pay up to $100 depending on course/conditions etc.

More than that if it's special.

Avg is probably $80 based on location.

My round average for my home course is $20 for 18 based on frequency

I'm usually pay $27, $22, $17.25, or $9. Those all the same course and dependent on tee time. The $9 sunset fee is great. Those are all walking fees. The only time I'll take a cart is when they're $6 with the $9 greens fee.

I like to play a lot of different tracks. Several fall in that 25 to 40ish window. A few cheaper. Most of the rest are in that 50 to 80 range. 100+ are special courses I'll do as a treat. Got an invite yesterday to play paynes valley (tigers new course) with a few buds in a couple weeks but it was at 225. I'll play it with another friend instead as he gets me half off, as he does at Ozarks National etc...

So for you guys in warmer weather areas, do rates change with the seasons, or stay the same?
Ours change pretty significantly. During the summer, all the local courses are around $30-$40 for 18 with a cart. During the prime season (Oct/Nov - April/May, depending on the course), rates are $70-$80 for the same courses.

I wrote a great response but you’ll have to take my word for it. I used the words offended and member and it deleted my post before it was posted. :rolleyes:

For me it’s between $50-$80 riding year round. Can get to $100 for better courses

Short 9 hole executive course, 7 bucks to walk 9 - 10 to walk it twice M-F and you definitely get what you pay for.

Well I am a member and it breaks down to about $14 a round with no cart. When I go elsewhere it is between $55 and $85 a round with cart.

Well I am a member and it breaks down to about $14 a round with no cart. When I go elsewhere it is between $55 and $85 a round with cart.
My membership breaks down to $20 per round with a cart (playing 4 times a week). My course’s rack rate is $40 right now and $80 in the winter.

If I’m playing alone I’m not interested in paying any more than $30. When I play with friends I’ll bump that up a bit...$50 or so. A few times a year I might play somewhere that’s around $70. I’ve never paid more than $100, and I’ve only done that once.

Back