How much do you rely on your yardage device?

I feel lost without a RF at the least. Played a few times without one and was uncomfortable. Screws with your mid to short game.

I use a GPS watch and a rangefinder. A lot of the time I just take a quick glance at the watch, but I'll go to the rangefinder when I want to be more precise, or if what I'm seeing with my eyes doesn't agree with what the watch is telling me. Almost always use the rangefinder for par 3s. I also use the rangefinder to shoot things my watch isn't able to measure, when I want to shoot to a certain spot for a layup or whatever.

A couple months ago I had a really weird experience. We played a course I've played several times before and am semi-familiar with, but all day long the yardages looked off to me - like way off. No matter what my watch or the rangefinder was telling me, my eyes couldn't agree with it. It was killing me because I was having a hard time picking a club and committing to a shot, feeling that it was wrong the whole time - then I'd go by what my eyes were telling me instead and I'd be way off the mark. I'd never had it happen like that before on that course, and never had it happen anywhere else before or since. Just weird.

I use my rangefinder a few times a round, but use it less at my home course because I’m getting more comfortable with course features and remembering stock yardages.

On a new course, I’m lost without it on shots over 100 yards.

I use Arccos for my distances but I really just want front,Back and middle. I wish I was good enough for a precise distance but in reality I just need FBM!!!

I like reading the ground markers. They don't lie

I rely on it heavily for say around 150 and in. I could get by without beyond that, just using eye and feel and probably pull the right club most of the time. But when you’re trying to put it close, an exact yardage cross referenced with my gapping/yardage book is absolutely essential.

I like reading the ground markers. They don't lie
You play better courses than me if they don’t lie 🤣. I’ve seen some ground markers that are filthy liars.

Eh. On new courses it messes with me more, if it’s a course I regularly play there are actually days I don’t even pull out my rangefinder to be honest.

This is a great question. I used to swear by m garmin gps. But once I used a RF and discovered how easy and how accurate they were, I have not touched the garmin since. More important - the distances between the two - granted with slope -are REMARKABLY different on the courses I usually play. This has explained many shots over the last few months that failed to do what I expected - when struck well. Now, as a result I trust and swear by the RF. Not sure what I would do if I did not have it handy when playing.

I rely heavily on my laser AND my GPS. I just don’t judge distances very well. In fact I am also quite reliant on my laser inside of 75 yds. It really helps me decide on which wedge and ball flight I’m going for as I have lots of different wedge shots.

Though I always carry a yardage finder, I have played rounds where I would pace off distances from the 200/150/100 and played well. Yardage tools are not a must for me; sometimes I wonder if I should drop the tech and just play...

I LOVE my laser, It has built in GPS, Bushnell Hybrid, I do not like it when i forget it charging at the house and/or i get to my ball in the first fairway and i was socializing too much before etc around and forgot to start the system, but the laser works no matter what. I NEED It

I used to use my Mark 1 Calibrated eyeball... but as it ages, it's less accurate. Not to mention that the local course I play doesn't have a lot of yardage markers... I use my GPS watch. And I just picked up a range finder and want to use that as well.

Not having those wouldn't throw my game off though. I'm pretty sure nothing I hit goes further than 200 yards.:ROFLMAO:

Depends which course I’m at, I’ve had my laser crap out on me mid round at a course I never been at, I had to ask my partners (who I never met) for distances. I don’t think they mind, but annoying maybe? My home course, I don’t need my laser.

At my home course, I rarely use the GPS or RF. If it's a course I'm not familiar with, I'll typically use the range finder for Par 3's and to measure distance to trouble so I know where I can miss.

Use a laser and a GPS all the time. Has made a massive difference to pulling the right club, especially on long greens. I'd always had to rely on gut and the difference is incredible.

I use either my watch or rangefinder on every hole. If I didn't have the rangefinder I could deal with just the watch, but the round I left my watch at home I felt a little lost.. and dumb pinning a flag that's 80 yds away where with the watch I woukd just quick look for front/mid/back

I am completely lost without my voicecaddy watch & bushnel laser(backup). I feel it helps me to choose the correct club, whether I execute the shot is another matter!

I use my Bushnell rangefinder on every hole.

could probably do without it, but always have it along with spare batteries in my bag....

Unless it's in my crossbow case 🏹 🦌

Not at all since I don't use them. Scorecard has distances, hole has markers and landmarks.

I wear a Garmin fenix 5 gps watch and carry a RF. I rely heavily on the watch and I pull the RF when my eye tells me the watch is lying (I'm usually wrong) and when I need yardages that my watch can't give. I will be using a VC T8 soon and hope it will provide some of those distances accurately so pulling out the RF will be less necessary.

I remember the days of pacing off from non lasered markers and hoping it was right and I was right. The game should be so much faster with these technologies available.

I use mine for almost every shot, with the exception of short chips within 50 yds putts and tee shots. However, I usually will try and estimate the yardage first before I shoot it just to keep that skill set up. I like to just have a number in mind when I'm setting up for my shot because it helps me adjust my swing if I need to.

I don't like to play without my Garmin watch. But can get by on a course with good markers or I am familiar with

Back