How much fun are hard shell tacos?

I much prefer a hard shell taco unless its a street taco. But for american tacos they are my preference

I much prefer a hard shell taco unless its a street taco. But for american tacos they are my preference
Street tacos are street tacos for a reason, but hard shell tacos bring crunchy fun to dinner time

Taco Bell did this and put cheese in between and called it the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA
Yes they did. I stole their idea for at-home purposes.

If we're changing it up. I vote just go eat some nacho's! Better than a taco any day of the week.
Agreed. Nachos are superior.

If we're changing it up. I vote just go eat some nacho's! Better than a taco any day of the week.
A well executed layered nachos with coverage on every chip is elite

Is @xThor influencing your food takes?

Soft shell 4 Lyfe.

1. Buy corn tortillas
2. Fry them yourself.
3. Seperate yourself from those terrible Old El Paso "taco shells"

Also. layer of refried beans as the base, then the rest of the toppings :D

This is a hot take. Those midget shells that are basically a folded over round chip are kind of nonsense, you get like a tbsp of each topping in there.
That's why tostado shells are a better option.

That's why tostado shells are a better option.
Also a hot take. Might have to put this on the to-do list for the coming weeks 🤔

I used to love them, until they started making Soft Shell

I'm genuinely not trying to sound hoity toity but it does sound like that.

I'm not a fan of Americanized Taco's period. Ground beef with taco seasoning is not my thing and hard shells are not something I enjoy at all.

Chips for Nacho's while basically the same thing are MUCH PREFFFERED.

My daughter has great dinner ideas sometimes, and one of them is hard shell tacos.

She asked for them again last night, I found out when I got home from from indoor soccer.

I always forget how great these are and fun to have.

Am I wrong?

Sanaa Lathan Movie GIF by filmeditor

I will eat flautas but not hard shell "tacos"

eee97e01-d592-4bd0-a1a9-7398d089562f_text.gif

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

You can't come in here, drop that with nothing to back it up
Well, as @Golfers Anonymous mentioned, there's nothing like getting the roof of your mouth getting stabbed while eating. I prefer my tacos soft, with cilantro and onions, street style.

Well, as @Golfers Anonymous mentioned, there's nothing like getting the roof of your mouth getting stabbed while eating. I prefer my tacos soft, with cilantro and onions, street style.
But that's part of the fun, much like knowing you're going to peel part of the roof of your mouth when you get that servo pie first bite but you still do it any way

But that's part of the fun, much like knowing you're going to peel part of the roof of your mouth when you get that servo pie first bite but you still do it any way
I've been stabbed before, I'll take the peeling roof of my mouth thank you.

Depends on what is in them. Anything juicy and they become way too soggy right away. it's gotta be a simple meat and cheese taco for it to be ok in a hard shell.

Is it meat first then toppings or do you break convention and reverse it?

Cheese first, then meat so the cheese melts. Then typically lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa. Maybe sour cream and jalapenos if they're available.

Yes, I overload. And yes, things typically fall out. The best is taking all that extra stuff left on the plate, adding more stuff, breaking up a couple of taco shells and having a "salad" after you're done noshing on tacos. It's healthier that way.

1714157713886.png

Cheese first, then meat so the cheese melts. Then typically lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa. Maybe sour cream and jalapenos if they're available.

Yes, I overload. And yes, things typically fall out. The best is taking all that extra stuff left on the plate, adding more stuff, breaking up a couple of taco shells and having a "salad" after you're done noshing on tacos. It's healthier that way.
role playing love GIF by Hyper RPG

Back