How much golf does it take to burn you out?

I have only done one 'golf' trip where I played 18 holes a day for 4 days, rode every day and that was tough. Will be seeing if doing the Bag Boy Championship finds a new limit for how much golf is too much or if there is no limit.

I’ve yet to hit that point, but, I know a lot of people who have.

Im about to find out I have a feeling.

If it is different courses and good company, I don't know if there is such a thing. I would be hard pressed to imagine it on my home course.

I'll let you know when I get there.

I haven't found it yet. If I didn't burn out summer of 2020, i'm not sure it's possible.

I don't think I have reached a limit yet.

If I'm playing well or taking positives from it, I don't typically burn out.

If I'm struggling for 4 or 5 weeks consistently, then I burn out. Usually take a week or two off and then get back at it. The break always helps me.

I don't think i'd want to play more than say 2-3 rounds a week if i was playing year round.

2 a week would probably be more than fine, again if i lived in like Texas or something

I am burnt out now, and haven't played a round since December lol.

I didn't get a winter off this year, and it is starting to show.

3 times per week for me is fine. It's more about multiple days in a row, I can take 3 or 4 but then I want at least a day or two of rest. A buddy of mine plays 7 days a week and it seems like he's constantly battling little injuries/ailments.

Played Fri, Sat, Sun. Got range session in yesterday and probably tomorrow. I fly out to Bandon on Saturday where there will be a practice round on Sunday, 1 round Mon, 2 round Tues, 1 round Wed. Fly home Thursday and probably play at least 1 time over the weekend. Then fly out the next weekend for Data Experience. The weekend after that is the AZTHP team championship.

I may take a weekend off after that but then I go on my 4 week sabbatical where I am sure I will play pretty much every day I am in PHX area.

No Limit Buffet GIF

We did a golf trip across Montana years ago. 144 holes in 5 days was too much.

During the dog days of summer there can be a limit but I'm yet to find it

I've never been there. I'll let you know if that happens.

More than 4x a week playing and my body becomes burnt out. I don't reach that point with my mind.

A buddy of mine plays 7 days a week and it seems like he's constantly battling little injuries/ailments.
And this is why. I'm being a lot more conscious about it this year. Last year I dealt with a ton of little nagging injuries that just kept escalating as the year went on. This season I'm limiting the times I play back to back days. I'm perfectly content playing every other day with just a little short game/putting practice for an hour or so on days I don't play.

My golf time has been very limited the last few years. I'd like to see how long it would actually take to get burnt out !!

Playing golf 2, maybe 3x a week seems like a nice number, once i get the time.... more than that and i think it would seem like a job but, like i said, i'm looking forward to finding out the line between enjoyable and burnt.

2-3 days of playing in a row, and I'm physically and mentally ready to do something else for a few days. I like keeping golf balanced with the rest of my life. Plus my body thanks me.

Body usually breaks down before that happens 😆😂🤣

My body will probably tell me to take a break before I get burnt out. I think I played close to 100 holes during the stretch I played for the Victory Cup. I played the two days leading up, the 45 holes for the event plus bonus golf, and then 2 more days for a tournament at home after. That's with the travel thrown in there as well. I was tired by the end of it but was ready to play again in about 2-3 days. Shiny new clubs may have contributed to that.

Hmmm... I guess it depends on circumstance.

there is no limit. I cherish each and every time I get to play. There are times when I am lazy and that is different than being burnt out.

It can happen and has once or twice, but it’s a lot.

Well, that's an interesting question.
When I lived in colder regions I always got a "forced" break during the winter, or at least less golf.
Now that I live in the desert, I sometimes hit a wall with the quality of my play, but I don't really take a break.
Aeration and over seed seasons, I may play less, but still hit the range.

Back