How often do you play at your "home course" versus other courses?

During the winter? Probably 99:1, I know how much it costs every time and it’s not the winter rates other courses charge. I could play my course a few times over for the price others charge :/
This is also a good point. My home course rounds increase as the weather decreases

I play a weekly 9 hole round during the summer away from my home course. Most rounds, other than those, are at my home course.

60%/40%.... I'm a free agent, but play what I consider the nicest public near me. Some people don't like paying the extra $8 bucks though lol.

90% plus - home course is 10 minutes from home - always the first or second group out on Saturday and Sunday from when it opens (hopefully March 15th) until it closes (usually around Dec 7th). Try to also pop in once a week for 18.
Always treat a number of individuals during the year - funny how the tendency is not to reciprocate.

95% of the time. Unless I’m traveling or playing in a member guest, I play my home course. It helps that it’s #1 in the state 😜

I would say I played probably 75% of my rounds at my home course. We have a pretty cool membership deal where it’s $90 a month and there are probably 10 courses within an hour of us that we can play for free. That frees me up to play a few different courses throughout the year which is nice.

probably 95%. I'm a member and its the closest to me so its easy to get to. I play a couple of reciprocals and early/end of season rounds elsewhere when my course is shut.

I play my public "home course" about 40% of my rounds.
I am lucky to have several good courses in my area that are very affordable, so I like to play them all.

Always, it's nice, close and a challenge. Other courses when traveling or just setting up different places with the guys. I mean Bandon is 3 hrs away..

I really don't have a home course. I'm a nomad when it comes to that, I'll play anywhere. There are favorites and some I play more often than others due to distance, but none I consider home. One day though I hope to have one.

I consider myself a golf freelancer. I have a rotation of 5 courses. Play them in order 1-5 before starting all over. Can only play Bethpage Black once a month, so that fits in when able. If play a course outside the 5, I pick up where I left off. Like to keep things fresh. Maybe I should of moved to Utah.

Probably 20 to 1, I don't mind going other places but playing the home course is so convenient. I don't have to make a tee time, just show up and there is always a game.

I don't have a home course strictly speaking. Just one favorite that is closer than the others. I tend to rotate through a few and mix it up pretty well.

my "home course" is really just a muni that happens to be about half a mile off the freeway on my way home from work. This time of year I try to stop on the way home to sneak in a quick 9 if I get away from work early enough. Once DST hits I can usually get in a full 18 at least once a week.

Home course would include two of the courses on my plan. Last year I played a little over half my 133 rounds at one or the other. Played Rivercut 43 times (32%) and played Bill & Payne Stewart 29 times (22%). Never play the other courses included, too boring.

If I had to guess I would say around 75 percent at home

I'd say it's at least 80%. I pay for a season pass there and anything after 15 rounds is free based on how much the pass is compared to daily rates. Makes it really easy to get out there the most

I primarily play play 2 courses. This past year about twice a month I played other places.

My membership has 4 courses, so that helps. I do get to play a lot of other courses in a traveling league. I enjoy playing a lot of golf. (Over 110 rounds last year) 72 of them were at membership courses. Retirement is great!

Last year 85% of my rounds were played at my home course.

According to the GHIN system I played 203 total rounds, 31 of the rounds were at courses other than my home course.

I would guess 90% of rounds at my home course.

I belong to a club and i play the majority of my rounds there. Pretty much every weekend when playable, Thursday night Mens League, a regular Tuesday night as many holes as we can get it with some friends, a lot of Friday nines followed by dinner with my wife and friends. Occasionally me and some of the guys i play with might play somewhere else but not often or if im invited to another club by a friend who belongs there. Driving range and carts included in our membership, restaurant , bar and the members are great really no reason to move much. Oh and i really like our course.

Back