Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
Part of the regular rota?
Local ones you like?
9 or 18?
Do you count the score?

Usually 1 or 2 times a year. Mostly play 18 on normal courses.

Locally? Never. Last time I played was the Goat Track at Ballyhack

Not really that often. I always mean to get out to Mountain Shadows in Scottsdale but never make it. I will play at Bandon every now and again. There is an executive course close to me that I used to play when I was working on wedges but I haven't played there since COVID.

Part of the regular rota?
Local ones you like?
9 or 18?
Do you count the score?
I wish. None around here. There is an executive course next door that has seven par 3's, but it's not really one of my favorites.

Had fun at one in Myrtle Beach many years ago.

Nothing local to me, but grew up near 4 of them. They are a lot of fun and a great way to test your iron play.

Not as often as I should.

A couple friends and I do on occasion when time is limited or I have new wedges to try, but it's such great practice we really should do it more.

Not since i was a kid, i'm not sure there are many here anymore even if i wanted to

Local 9 hole par 3 course played it twice last year with SO and son.

We have one par 3 course (actually an executive course, with a couple par 4s) in town and another one that's 20-25 minutes away. It's probably been 8 years or so since I played the one in town, have never played the other one.

Last edited:
Not at all. The only one I know of in Houston costs more for a 9hole round of par 3 golf walking than my regular course for a full 18 riding on the weekend. When I was in college I absolutely loved playing the par3 course at LaFortune Park in Tulsa

Usually play the par 3 4 or5 times in the spring to get irons in shape.

We have a local one. I think I've played it twice in four years. It's fun but it's also a place for people to practice that aren't comfortable on a normal course. So the pace obviously isn't the greatest. I'd rather use my money other ways

When I lived in Alabama and close to RTJ Trail sites I played them several times a year. These are par 3 courses with all holes being 100-215 yards and in great condition.

Now I am in PA - a few chip and putts and executive courses around but rarely play them.

I play it maybe 1-2 times a month at the 9 hole part 3 course. I'll often be by myself, so I play multiple balls, go around to different approach shots and just focus on on course short game practice. Never keep score though. They also have lights and do night golf until 10pm or so, though I've never done it.

Not since my now adult daughter was younger. I used to play a few times a year.

A couple of times a year when my wife and I want to get out and walk a quick round. There are a couple of 9 hole courses nearby that are pretty good.

Not very often... Turning Stone has a gorgeous one and I'm only 25 mins away. I just never think of it. Might have to change that.

The only par 3 near me closed several years ago by developers. Nice to just play irons and leave the woods at home.

Haven't played one in about 20 years. None anywhere near me

I'd say it's part of the regular rota. There are two relatively close to me that are decent. Great for a quick round to scratch the itch. Great for practicing short game. Great for brining the young-uns along. Great for fun games such as left-center-right or skins.

I'm a big fan. Try to make sure there is an option on the buddies trips.

I've decided to make this part of my regular rotation this year. There is one close to me with several holes that I can play mid-long irons on and it's great practice for that. Plus I can get 9 in pretty quickly. And it's only $12, about the price of a medium size bucket of range balls.

I've been 4 times so far this year. Hoping to get there once a week.

I don't and I think I should to practice my approach game.

My in-laws have a par 3 course near their home and we will get out there two or three times a year.

Back