How often do you play par 3 course?

They are great for a lunchtime practice, if you are close to one. The par 3 next to my office only takes 55 minutes to play on a slow day. I will play 15ish times per year when the weather is nice.

In Sim regularly. Real hold only a few times

I played one on the first day of the 2019 Titleist Experience at Chateau Elan in Atlanta. That’s the only one I’ve ever played.

Absolute minimum of 45 holes per month.

I play par-3 courses when it's an opportunity to join someone I know who's playing one. Beyond that, not at all. Shoot, even at Bandon I only play The Preserve because my brother likes to get a round in there before/after hitting one of the regulation courses.

I do enjoy it, though...great test of the iron game (forgetting The Preserve's insane offerings for the moment, most par 3 courses I've played have small, often heavily crowned greens).

I take my kids to a local short course. It’s fun for my 8 year old because he can hit driver from every tee.

Not often. One of the courses on my membership is a lighted 9 hole Par 3. It's well maintained, large undulating greens, one is a double green @ 150 feet long. Usually play it once or twice coming out of winter to sharpen my approach/greenside game. Since the fairways and surrounds are zoysia the lies are excellent even when dormant unlike some of the bermuda fairways around here. I go around it twice with two balls (36 approaches/hole outs). Don't really pay attention to tee boxes because I'm setting up shots from inside 100 out to over 200 to get approach work in throughout my bag. Didn't play it this winter because we've had unusually great golf weather and I've been playing so much I never got rusty.

We have a couple real high end Par 3 layouts here too. Up until a couple years ago they hosted the annual Bass Pro Legends of Golf Champion's Tour event. I've only played each of them once just to play them. They are excellent courses but insanely priced for just 9 or 13 holes of par 3 golf.

Very rarely but they are always fun when I do. I should more often. I will likely do them more as the kids learn to play

Last time I played a par 3 course was at Whistling Straits during Shaft Up a few years back. I don’t think I have any locally to me.

Not as much as I used to. The one right near my office closed, and the one a little further down the road raised their prices so much it's not worth going there vs a "regular" course.

Plus my son loves to hit driver and refuses to play par 3s anymore :LOL:

Not often. There aren't any around me. I've been to a few courses on golf trips that have them, and I'll try to play more than once. It's a nice way to end a golf filled day.

I have 3 par 3 courses within a short distance from me and will play them a few times a year. Usually it is in the evening and when I don't have much time but feel like getting some quick practice in. I do keep the scores in my golf app.

Technically not a Par 3 but I play here at least twice a year when I'm in Florida.
1709743673303.png

Haven't played a Par3 in decades but cut my teeth on one- lots of fun and learning.

The only time I have is when our men's club sets up our normal 72 par course to all Par 3s. - once a year.

We have a couple of par 3 courses we can go to. They cost around $10. The greens are REALLY small so it requires a lot of effort. The greens are actually in really good shape and roll pretty fast and have some difficulty to them which is surprising.

Course 1 - 9 holes distances between 65 and 140 yds
Course 2 - 9 holes distances between 90 and 215 yds

I plan to play these more this year especially with my 10 y/o to help both of us dial in our short game.

Just when I'm teaching a new golfer myself.

The only par 3 course I've ever played was in Treasure Island, Florida. It wasn't very nice.

There is a 9 hole course in our work league rotation that is almost a par 3, it does have 2 par 4s and a 5. Play that a few times a year.

I do go with my 2 boys 11 & 8 to another par 3 course a few times in the summer. It’s perfect for them.

A course close by opened up a new 6 hole par 3 course where their range was. Haven’t been yet because it is overpriced.

Used to be part of the regular rotation, but got away from it for awhile. Last year I started to add it back; plan on playing a lot of Par 3 golf this year.

My 7 year old is doing a week long intro to golf camp this summer so I’m expecting to be hitting the par 3 courses near me a bunch this summer.

Back