How often do you take driver off the tee?

Pretty much any hole 350 or more is driver off the tee for me. At my home course, I typically hit it 12 times per round.

I was just doing the math on this. 350 is right for me as well as it gives me an 8i into the green and that's my favorite club. Now having said that, maybe I need to post this in the jacked loft thread as well. If I can get my 8i to go 170 then I can bump this up to driver at 370 or higher off the tee.

I have a 16° driving iron that I’m planning on hitting off the tee more often

Sent from HTX

Considering im going to try a dual driver setup.....more than usual. We'll see how it goes.......

Considering im going to try a dual driver setup.....more than usual. We'll see how it goes.......

did you order 2 Cleveland drivers?

did you order 2 Cleveland drivers?

No, I picked up a 917 Titleist to see how this is going to go. Kinda in a testing mode.....

I'll hit driver every single hole unless there's no doubt I'll find trouble. Usually when I pull my other clubs off the tee it doesn't go so well, I think its a mental thing. :banghead:

On my 3 par there's only one that I will use my driver on. On my usually 9 hole there's 2 that are driverless depending on the wind.

Up till now If I would avoid hitting Driver at all costs if I could.
With my new F8 cobra driver I will be hitting it when appropriate.

How often do you take driver off the tee?

Not often enough. Long and wild is better than short and wild. I’m normally pretty conservative but I have shot lower scores by going bomb and gouge. It can also blow up my scorecard so there’s that too. Conservative play keeps me pretty consistent.

Edit to actually answer the question: around 50%. Most courses I’ll hit driver between 6-8 times.

Last edited:
I normally hit 3 wood off the tee. I tend to have better accuracy and am normally within 10 yards in front or behind my playing partners. My home course isn’t too long. There are only a few holes(mainly par 5 and short par 4) when I may hit my driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a certain amount of irony, the driver is my best club. I use it on every hole, except some of the par 3s. Admittedly I don't hit it very far, so it's a no-brainer to get it as far as I can off the tee!

Out of the 7 non-par 3 holes on the 9 hole course I play, I pull driver on 6. That one I don’t is downhill downwind about 350y.

To answer this simply: more often than I should and I still can’t stop myself

Probably too many times...I seem to make mistakes when I play conservatively and play a 3W or hybrid off the tee. I've not had a good tee game in a while and yet in my head I still think my distance is a big advantage...doesn't matter though if I push fade it or something...playing from the woods doesn't help...nor does OB.

Back