How often do you take driver off the tee?

the answer is way too often, I need to play smarter

I hit my driver as straight as any in the bag, so as often as I can. I don’t carry anything higher than a heavenwood which forces my hand a little.

#FiberLaunch

Right now? Never, I'm boycotting the driver. That can change, though, because I'm a fickle, fickle man

Right now? Never, I'm boycotting the driver. That can change, though, because I'm a fickle, fickle man

aren't youa fraid someone will punch you if you play a driver?

Same here man, so tough to do because driver is fun haha

I usually can play smart until I get to beer 2 or 3.

now If i had a friend nice enough to kick my beer, I'd probably score way better

I usually can play smart until I get to beer 2 or 3.

now If i had a friend nice enough to kick my beer, I'd probably score way better

Whoa, let's not get drastic!! :drinks:

Ha. Great topic to start.

I generally take out my driver on every hole where the miss on the right is not out of bounds. My mishits are terrible slices and they happen little too much than what I would like. Fortunately, the course I play has most of those misses ending up as a hazard than an OOB shot. All but one of the par 4's and par 5's are setup that way on my home course.

So, generally, I start with my driver on hole 1 and unless the first 2-3 shots with the driver are terrible hazard shots, I will continue using it through the day. I have low standards .. ha ha.

On my home course in Minnesota it is 10 the other 4 I use a 3 wood or the Heavenwood depending on the wind. 10 to 12 down here in Hot Spring Village depending on which course I'm playing. Some have very tight fairways and some have extreme doglegs you need to hit at a specific distance. That is why I added a 5 wood this year to hit those yardages.

Depends on the course and which tees I am playing from. If I am playing back then almost always driver as I am not a terribly long hitter. Moving up 1 tee box changes things quite a bit on some holes at some of the places I play. There is one course I play that regardless of what tee you are at, you are going to be hitting a mid to long iron as the layout just does not allow for anything else.

For me, it's mostly hole dependent. If it's going to put me out of bounds on a dogleg, or in a hazard across the fairway, I'll use something else. For the most part, though, the driver gets the first call. The G30 was hitting well for me last season. I'm fine with it putting me closer to the green, as my shorter game is way better than my mid game. I'll take those wedge shots all day.

Depends on the fairway and width. I want to take driver. But if there is a bunker beyond my carry range and/or before the "stop rolling" range, I will take a fairway to set up the approach.

aren't youa fraid someone will punch you if you play a driver?

Ooooh, valid point.

Edit: Eh, I probably deserve punching, just on general principles.

This year with my g400... I'm hoping a LOT more! Confidence is key for me with the driver.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pretty much any hole 350 or more is driver off the tee for me. At my home course, I typically hit it 12 times per round.

Probably more than I should, but I can hit my 3W and Hybrid just as bad so I almost always pull driver except for doglegs.

Most holes longer than 400 yards. Unless that is a poor play due to hazards, or a smarter play.

4-6 times a round at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At my course about 5 to 6 times. It's all about trying to get to 100 to 150 yds approach distance for me. I try to avoid under 100 like a plague. On days when driver is on its harder to do lol

I play driver way too often. This year im planning on toning that down some. In fact, im playing 72 holes in a 2 day event next week and thinking about leaving the driver home. just 5 wood of the tee next week.

Pretty much any hole 350 or more is driver off the tee for me. At my home course, I typically hit it 12 times per round.

+2. same here

Why not spark a little chatter here eh?

Was thinking about this my last round out, I'm one who falls into the habit of just grabbing for the driver automatically every par 4 and up without giving playing to my numbers enough thought until AFTER the fact. Some of this for me is due to testing, when reviewing a driver its my job to hit that driver, so slowly that bleeds into my general mindset on scoring rounds too...bad for me.

So, how often do you take driver off the tee? Are you a grab it and go no matter what golfer? Or do you play to your numbers and for the second shot with what the hole gives you?

I'm easily at 12/14 Par 4's/5's that I pull driver on my course, and honestly, thats about 2-3 too high.

I agree with this 100%. I think I pull down driver almost every par 4/5 which hurts my score as I get to bad numbers or uncomfortable spots.

I think playing smarter and getting to a number would help my score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless the hole is pretty wide open I tend to go 3 wood on par 4's under 400 yards.

As many holes as it calls for. Trouble ... what trouble!?

Let The Big Dog Eat!! :act-up: :golf2:

Back