How often do you wash your car?

How often do you wash your vehicle (car wash or by hand)>?

• Total voters

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
i thought id never buy an "unlimited wash" membership.......until last year. Then i realized how much time i save by having one and washing my car as much as i do.

so, whether ya wash it by hand?
a membership?
never?
rarely?

im curious how often other people wash their vehicles??

living in a cold weather state, i think we typically wash our vehicles more than most....

About once a month. Maybe twice if we've had some weather and a bunch of road crap is stuck to my truck.

Honestly way less than I should. Maybe once after the winter every year.

The guys out in front of my local grocery store do it for 70 Pesos (~$4). If I'll be in there for at least 20 minutes, I'll have them do it and pay them 150 Pesos; it's well worth it.

i definitely wasg=h my car MORE with a unlimited wash plan. But even without it, i was washing my car, one way or another once every two weeks or more.

I never ever use car washes that are not touch free. So I do my own every few weeks and full detail once a quarter

Honestly way less than I should. Maybe once after the winter every year.
Gotta say, I'm shocked by this. It's shocking. Are there no puddles in your part of the country?

When I lived in NY, I had a membership plan with the local oil change/car wash. It was only 1.5 miles from home, and I had it done once/week. More often following a rain or to get the salt off during winter.

Here, the closest car wash is probably only about 6 or 7 miles away. But the traffic in the area can suck. So the car only gets washed every couple of months now.

Not super often. More so in the winter, but even then it still might be less than once a month.

I try to do it once a week, but sometimes I get lazy and it might be two weeks. Wintertime is a different story - a lot of touchless machines when it's warm enough to not immediately freeze, and occasionally when there's room in the warehouse I can pull it inside and use the rinseless

Less than once a month. Probably once every 3-4 months, unless it rains or I go off-roading or something.

goal is once a month but I don't achieve that goal. haha. I only do touchless washes though.

Never really....it rains and snows a lot here....i might scrub it down here and there but i've never gone to a car wash....And as much as the ladies in MTL would like to see it, i've never done a hose-down of my car shirtless and in jean shorts in my driveway

I don't my car, I take it to the car wash. About once a week, unless it's cold.

Typically about twice a week. Was gifted a year membership for unlimited washes at a local place that's next to the gym I go to. Drop it off before I go in, and pick it up when I am done.

Maybe once a quarter. I need to do way better.

Way less than I should maybe once a month sometime less but sometimes maybe twice a month. Typically park outside so it gets dirty right away anyway.

Mother nature does it for me.

Last edited:
Probably every other week. Ruby red is only marginally better than black at staying clean, and it also shows all the swirls (the previous owner was clearly a fan of car washes) so the only hands that touch it are mine.

I never ever use car washes that are not touch free. So I do my own every few weeks and full detail once a quarter
This is what I'd like to do. Just.......Ohio doesn't fit in that circle 🤣🤣🤣

Went twice a week since I bought a pass and like it being clean.

Maybe every 4-5 months.

Back