HOW TO thread suggestion

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
I am part of a motorcycle forum and theere are a lot of DIY'ers out there. They have an awesome template on how to do things on your own to save money and or practice for their own knowledge.

Their threads include:

1. List of materials and intro write up
2. Difficulty rating
3. Pics along the way describing what was done
4. Tips/tricks
5. Finished product

The title of the thread would begin HOW TO fill in blank here. I followed Tadashi's videos on doing grips and shafts and it worked out nicely. It would be hard to find if i wasn't part of the shaft testing thread. So I'm just putting it out there to folks if they want to do HOW TOs. It would help all of us and the googling public if these threads were labeled as such. I searched the forum and didn't see anything pop up. So if this is a repeat please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Perry

I think it's a great idea.

Heck yeah!

There is so much great info on here on techniques for doing club building and modifying, but it is all jumbled up.

Would be awesome to have people combine it all together.

I am part of a motorcycle forum and theere are a lot of DIY'ers out there. They have an awesome template on how to do things on your own to save money and or practice for their own knowledge.

Their threads include:

1. List of materials and intro write up
2. Difficulty rating
3. Pics along the way describing what was done
4. Tips/tricks
5. Finished product

The title of the thread would begin HOW TO fill in blank here. I followed Tadashi's videos on doing grips and shafts and it worked out nicely. It would be hard to find if i wasn't part of the shaft testing thread. So I'm just putting it out there to folks if they want to do HOW TOs. It would help all of us and the googling public if these threads were labeled as such. I searched the forum and didn't see anything pop up. So if this is a repeat please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Perry

I like this idea and I would even suggest more than just sticking to club repairs and such. Perhaps other topics could be added around game play like

* How to hit a draw or cut shot
* How to a knockdown shot
* Hitting from challenging locations (trees, edges of bunkers)

Exactly Gordon! They just need to be properly labeled and placed in the same spot. Tadashi's awesome videos in the shaft testing thread would otherwise never be found again!

I agree pmoa. I'd love to see some how-to threads for reshafting and other club work.

Great idea. I'm just starting to get my act together for a home workshop. I'd love a forum like that. Especially shaft work.

Great thread! I love this idea and it could help many of us save money, time, etc. when altering equipment or golf swings. I already change my own grips but it would be cool to be able to change a shaft out too. Bring on the good info :blob:

Great idea! This would really help people thinking about getting into this type of stuff which I am
would really love to learn to change my own grips

Great idea! This would really help people thinking about getting into this type of stuff which I am
would really love to learn to change my own grips

Don't have time to write up a full instructional, but you should be able to find some information here. Difficulty rating would be low. You'll need grips, grip tape, solvent and a hook blade utility knife. Some folks use an air compressor, but I've had no issues with the old fashioned way of using solvent. I don't have a vise or anything either. I put them on out on the patio and just line it up by eye.

Great idea for a thread btw.

Don't have time to write up a full instructional, but you should be able to find some information here. Difficulty rating would be low. You'll need grips, grip tape, solvent and a hook blade utility knife. Some folks use an air compressor, but I've had no issues with the old fashioned way of using solvent. I don't have a vise or anything either. I put them on out on the patio and just line it up by eye.

Great idea for a thread btw.

Thanks for the link JonD
it seems like there's a lot of this type of stuff on the site already but it's spread out so maybe a sticky of some sort that groups this stuff together to make it easier to find

Great idea Perry.
It would def. cut down on search time and may attract more internet traffic towards THP.

This is one of the few things I like better about *one of those other forums* that we don't have here. Even a specific subforum in the clubmaking section would be cool. Eventually we could have pages of how-tos.

I like this idea a lot

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I would undoubtedly use something like that, re-gripping and shaft changing myself would be a great deal money saver.

Back