How Well Do You Know The Swing?

If any of those things are out of wack it’s pretty difficult to have a good result. If new school teachers are skipping those things they are massively failing their students.
"Difficult" is the proper word. The reason for proper grip-posture-alignment is that these address fundamentals make an effective, repeating swing much easier to achieve.

This is me playing golf with a couple of internet swing experts.

View attachment 9239399

I wasted so many years trying to learn proper swing mechanics only to realize that 1) I can't, and 2) there are a lot of golfers much better than me who simply keep the ball in front of them and do so with what many would consider poor mechanics.
Repeatable beats inconsistently perfect a lot of the time.

I see a lot of stall and flip, as well as just ripping right over the top
Yes definitely! I can spot an over the top move from 200 yards away.

For those of you that do study the swing a bit, what do you usually see up and down the tee box at your local range?

Without question, probably guessing 95%, swings up and down the range finds player after player coming up and out of their legs instead of down and into their legs.

Generally speaking, I would say a little. My playing partners will ask me for tips and most of the time, I can roughly figure out what they are doing wrong and help them to try and fix the problem. I am no expert by any means.

For those of you that do study the swing a bit, what do you usually see up and down the tee box at your local range?
Most common thing is what you would expect to see. Taking the club back too far inside and the only way to get the club back the ball is coming over the top. There are variations of that move but they all end up with varying degrees of slices.

The other thing is people mindlessly hitting balls and setting up different on each ball. Basically never actually making the same swing twice. Like Bruce Lee said “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Hitting a bucket of balls without taking the time to check all the fundamentals is making 100 swings once.

Back