How would you play this shot?

ideally I'd run a low punch 4 iron or something and if it goes in that front bunker i'm good with it.

if i'm having a good round, I might just chip out sideways, take my medicine and avoid a big number

If it was just a fun round with the guys, would used 2 or 3 hybrid, and try and punch it through the trees, if it was tournament play, play it smart, and half swing 5 iron it right for a good approach wedge shot

I would try to hit a low draw with a 4i or 5i around the right tree and try to run the ball onto the front part of the green. At worst, I'm out of the trees with a pitch to the green. If I get lucky, I have a decent shot to get up and down from the trees.

I wish I could say I would play it out into the fairway, but I've been in this situation many times. I will grab a low loft club, give it a half swing punch, and cover up for the blast coming back at me.

Dan

Take the trusty 5 iron and play a punch out, with just a little bit of hook on it.

If I've had enough courage juice (adult beverages), I'm taking a low punch right in between those trees straight to the flag, and I'm telling everyone in my group to hide behind their carts!

~Rock

I would try to hit a low draw around the tree with the rescue.

Would love to say I'd pay a nice llittle low draw to about 12 feet. Sadly chip out and wedge onto the green is far more realistic for me :arrogant:

I play a low punch fade (LH) with a hybrid to the right of the second tree and try to run it up towards the green.

Depends how many beers are on the line for the day. I'd probably be punching a 7 iron out to the right though and try to stick a wedge close.

I'd hit a 7i or so punch hook and try to run it up or close. Doesn't look crazy hard and not a horrible miss if you over hook it.

My best punching club is my 3-hybrid and off a bare lie I can fairly reliably hit a low hook, so that would be the shot - between half and three quarter swing. I think from there I have an excellent chance of getting into chipping distance. Of course, if I pull it off, I will probably shank the chip, and then 3-putt.

Looks like a pretty decent gap, so punch between the trees. If I size it up and it isn't the 5-6 feet I'm thinking, punch out. I can't play a guaranteed hook, never mind that big from that close.
I hit it in the trees, time to man up and take my medicine.

Punch out with the ball in the back of my stance with a 7i

Hybrid, gripped down, played low and running toward the mound on the right side of the fairway. I would do my best to keep it in the short stuff and then pitch it on with a wedge.

No sense taking on the trees if you don't have to. Get it to where you have an easy straightforward pitch without a bunker in the way to worry about. That way you can play whatever short game shot you want - bump and run, high, low, whatever.

Go for the gap with a punched 7i, be treated for a ball to the head, come round, then punch out!

Seriously though it would also depend on conditions. Wind? I would consider a 3/4 swing with the 7i aiming for the right side of the green off the mound if conditions allowed. Given that my game from 70yards and in is awful my other option is just to knock out to 110 and leave myself a full AW to the flag.

I would take a 6 iron and hit a cut punch around the tree on the right. If it doesn't get to the green it should be just short next to the sand trap.

nice low draw with a 5i ball back in the stance with a 3/4 backswing and low follow thru.

Back